Tyrus Thomas

Discuss any moves or trades here, real, rumored, made up, you name it!

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 25
PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 3:11 am
TMC wrote:
migya wrote:Gerald Walace has been the main player for the Bobcats this season and has done great! If they can't get someone to replace him, they need to sign him long term and since their salary cap is going to be the same as the rest of the teams, 10-12 million is not bad at all

It's overpaying. He's a nice player, but his numbers won't be the same with better teammates by his side. He's (a bit) overrated right now.

A guy that has gotten 4 steals and 4 blocks in the samw game on more than one occasion is underrated if anything! I used to think Gerald Wallace was nothing special but this season he has made me a believer that he is a great player and his defense is what makes him a top 20, maybe 15 player to me

migya make the ring fall on ya
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 3:23 am
migya wrote:A guy that has gotten 4 steals and 4 blocks in the samw game on more than one occasion is underrated if anything! I used to think Gerald Wallace was nothing special but this season he has made me a believer that he is a great player and his defense is what makes him a top 20, maybe 15 player to me

:shock:

I can give you a list of 50 better players if you want... He's just good, far from being that great.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 51
PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 10:04 am
I agree. Gerald Wallace is a decent player because he can do many things at an average/good level, but he's not "great" at anything. Maybe help defense, where he often gets weakside blocks and blind steals, but that's about it. His timing is great, I'll give you that.

But paying a guy $12 million when he'll never give you more than 17 and 7 is just insane. Make no mistaken; its his contract year, he's seriously overplaying. Wallace will never average 18 PPG again (and he probably wouldn't have this year, if anybody on Charlotte could score). I'll bet next year he goes for 14, 6, and 3 as a 3rd or 4th role kind of player.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 6:55 pm
It's been Wallace's best season and the Bobcats have noone to replace him right now and if they can't find someone to do so, they'll have to pay him alot. He gives more than overpaid players like Marbury and Webber

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 8:52 pm
If Wallace had Marbury or Webber's contracts it wouldn't seem that way...
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 9:19 pm
He produces more than either of those two

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 1:46 am
migya wrote:He produces more than either of those two

On a bad team, Marbury would be a 22 and 10 player. Of course they wouldn't win much, but he'd have all star stats.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 1:53 am
TMC wrote:

On a bad team, Marbury would be a 22 and 10 player. Of course they wouldn't win much, but he'd have all star stats.

Knicks are a good team?

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 2:46 am
migya wrote:Knicks are a good team?

The Knicks have lots of players in that same situation, taking shots, minutes and stats from each other. He'd be the star in Charlotte like he was in New Jersey... and look where he took the Nets.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 2:50 am
TMC wrote:
migya wrote:Knicks are a good team?

The Knicks have lots of players in that same situation, taking shots, minutes and stats from each other. He'd be the star in Charlotte like he was in New Jersey... and look where he took the Nets.

I really think Marbury is past it and will never be what he was before. He may not care much anymore either

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 2:51 am
migya wrote:I really think Marbury is past it and will never be what he was before. He may not care much anymore either

Yeah, me too. Except on his next contract year, that is. That's what always happens with these guys.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 9:27 am

Debateable. Webber, for one, has become an integral part of the Detroit offense, which seems reborn under his excellent passing and slick post game. One could argue that he helps Detroit win, even though he doesn't put up his insane, MVP-type statlines anymore.

And Marbury, as TMC pointed out, would put up all-star numbers in Charlotte.
All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 4:04 pm
Yeah, he's producing more than Webber and Marbury are right now. But in their primes, those two are franchise players (not necessarily ones i want like Marbury), Gerald Wallace is an excellent role/complementary player. Comparing him to franchise players is ridiculous. As for Detroit, he's more of a need fit as Detroit needed big men for glue.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 5:39 pm
Excellent point; Marbury and Webber were all-stars when they got their contracts.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 1:38 am
Wasn't talking about the past but present performances

PreviousNext

Return to Trades