Tyrus Thomas

Discuss any moves or trades here, real, rumored, made up, you name it!

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 52
PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 1:40 pm
That's what we mean...
migya wrote:He gives more than overpaid players like Marbury and Webber

This statement is inherantly unfair. Webber and Marbury were all-stars when they signed their contracts, so their money didn't seem unreasonable at the time. Wallace, on the other hand, is gunning for a contract, so he's overachieving (see Eric Dampier 2003-'04 season). If Gerald Wallace gets offered a 4 or 5 year deal, he'll take it (regardless of the figures). The last thing he wants is another 1 or 2 year deal. Those are "prove yourself" contracts. But relating him to Webber and Marbury is not correct. Those two had proven their talent before getting paid, whereas Wallace did not. Nobody could have predicted Webber's health problems or Marbury's lack of motivation.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 2:48 am
32 wrote:But relating him to Webber and Marbury is not correct. Those two had proven their talent before getting paid, whereas Wallace did not.

Gerald Wallace had an allstar caliber season.
His numbers:

72 games, a career high for a season so far
18.1pts, 50.2FG%, 32.53FG% (career high), 69.1 FT% (career high), 7.2rbs, 2.6asts (career high), 2.0stls, 1blk

THOSE ARE GREAT NUMBERS! The guy is a top 20 if not 15 player this season

32 wrote:Nobody could have predicted Webber's health problems or Marbury's lack of motivation.

I did. Webber's knee was hanging on barely and Marbury showed at times in New Jersey and at the end there in Phoenix that he was caring less

migya make the ring fall on ya
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 3:44 am
migya wrote:Gerald Wallace had an allstar caliber season.
His numbers:

18.1pts, 50.2FG%, 32.53FG% (career high), 69.1 FT% (career high), 7.2rbs, 2.6asts (career high), 2.0stls, 1blk

I can see him as a top 15 player at his position. Top 10, in fact. But top 15 overall?. No way.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 8:03 am
TMC wrote:
migya wrote:Gerald Wallace had an allstar caliber season.
His numbers:

I can see him as a top 15 player at his position. Top 10, in fact. But top 15 overall?. No way.

Exactly. And when you factor in that it's his contract season, it's even less impressive...
Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 1:26 am
the bulls have to have money issues soon... no way they can keep a roster with all those draft pics and resign em... even after big ben.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 3:35 am
They will likely have to pay alot to keep all those great young players they have and they will likely do it. I'd love to get Deng but he will stay in Chicago and become their best player, if he isn't already

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 5:07 am
Viz wrote:the bulls have to have money issues soon... no way they can keep a roster with all those draft pics and resign em... even after big ben.

Nah, they won't have any problem. They'll have to re-sign Gordon and Deng, and that's all. Ty Thomas ends his contract the same year Ben Wallace does, so Big Ben's contract is not a problem... They'll only have problems if they want to add players via free agency.
Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 1:01 pm
what about duhon, nocioni, and heinrich
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 1:54 pm
Viz wrote:what about duhon, nocioni, and heinrich

Hinrich is already re-signed, Duhon is under contract for next season and nothing more than a backup (a good one, tho, but not enough to break the bank for him). Should be replacable. And Nocioni... The truth is that I forgot about him. :oops: I guess they'll sign him to a new contract if he doesn't ask for too much, but I wouldn't be surprised if he's allowed to leave.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 4:00 pm
TMC wrote:
Viz wrote:what about duhon, nocioni, and heinrich

Hinrich is already re-signed, Duhon is under contract for next season and nothing more than a backup (a good one, tho, but not enough to break the bank for him). Should be replacable. And Nocioni... The truth is that I forgot about him. :oops: I guess they'll sign him to a new contract if he doesn't ask for too much, but I wouldn't be surprised if he's allowed to leave.

With Deng becoming a star, Nocioni might find himself in a vulnerable position. I'm sure the Bulls are considering every trade they hear that involves him...
All Star
PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 5:15 pm
Nocioni is good but we already have enough SF/PF's. No thanks.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 3:02 am
JayPat wrote:Nocioni is good but we already have enough SF/PF's. No thanks.

Alot of teams will be after Nocioni but he would fit well here also. Signing him would allow Mullin to explore trades far more liberally using some of the other players on the team

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 8:18 am
JayPat wrote:Nocioni is good but we already have enough SF/PF's. No thanks.

Ditto.

Nocioni is inconsistent and will probably be too pricey for our taste (afterall, we'd want him as a bench player... and he'll get starter's money somewhere).
Previous

Return to Trades