Tyrus Thomas

Discuss any moves or trades here, real, rumored, made up, you name it!

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 9:20 pm
If Thomas were available and the Bulls had interest in Ellis. I'd do this trade! Monta will command big dollars and Thomas has been coming around lately!!!

We have more than our share of guards and need more depth at the 4 spot. Having a high energy guy like Thomas at 4 in this uptempo offense would be amazing!

I know Ellis is a future star! But Thomas would have an even greater impact on this team! Just look at a Jackson an oversized big guard who plays with such a high energy! Thomas is a rebounding shot blocking freak who would thrive big time in Nellie's offense!

All Star
PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 9:23 pm
This guy will be the next Josh Smith!!!
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 11:13 pm
Thomas is raw talent. The only concern is his maturity. He is a nice low-post option who can dunk it down on his opponent with power and sometimes, finesse. He's an impressive kid, I'll be sure to keep my eye on him. But Thomas is too valuable to them. They don't have a big man who can score down low as well as him. Wallace is not an offensive big man. Sweeney has his problems. And the list goes on. Their a perimeter oriented team looking to improve their low post, not perimeter. Ellis is not the guy the Bulls would want. And I wouldn't give up AB for Thomas. That'd be stupid in my eyes.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 25
PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 12:02 am
Tyrus thomas has been very good lately and looks like being yet another star for the bulls. I don't want him though, he is too raw to be the PF the team needs

migya make the ring fall on ya
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 51
PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 9:42 am
The Bulls were willing to sell anything to have Tyrus Thomas, in last year's draft. They intend on building around him. He's not available. I'd love to have him, but Chicago won't trade him for another 5 years unless its for an established star.

Anybody whose watched Chicago play this season knows that Thomas is a budding star, anyway. The last thing Chicago wants to do is trade him; right now, they're more concerned with the kid's apparent attitude problems. Tyrus Thomas will be the best player out of the 2006 Draft in 5 years. Count on it.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
All Star
PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 10:49 am
I would have to lean towards Bargani as the best player followed by Roy, Thomas, and if he ever gets any PT Foye.

But as good as Thomas is I would hate if he got his "free money" here in the Bay. I just get the feeling that he is heading down the Manny Ramirez/Latrell Spreewell road of idiocy.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 11:16 am
Good point on the attitude... but would you really say Bargnani has the most upside? Over Thomas? Right now, I'd say the 4 kids from the 2006 Draft for the future are:

1. Tyrus Thomas - The kid's sparking major brilliance. This rookie is already keeping up with Ben Wallace, block for block and board for board, in limited minutes. What's more; he's offensively savy (something Wallace is not) and can already steal the ball better than the 4-time DPOY. If Thomas can quiet his nagging foul problems (as well as his mouth), I see future stardom.

2. Brandon Roy - ROY. Easy. He has the talent to provide 3-categories well for Portland (points, assists, rebounds). If he can stay healthy, he'll be one of the league's better 2nd options in years to come (I can't see him becoming a franchise).

3. Andrea Bargnani - If he turns into the next Dirk, I'll be shocked. But I wouldn't be surprised if Bargnani becomes a viable sidekick to Dirk (sorry, as with Roy, I don't see him becoming a franchise player). I think Bargnani will top out at 18 PPG in his career, if that.

4. Randy Foye - He's a sure-thing as a 3rd option. I see Foye turning into a Caron Butler, 3rd fiddle type guy. He'll be good for 14-15 points and 5 assists when he pans out. He was a solid pick that's sure to turn into something decent.

Guys like LaMarcus Alderige and Kelenna Azuibuke need more playing time, or they'll just become mediocre. Guys like Shelden Williams, Patrick O'Bryant, and Rudy Gay need more time in the oven.
All Star
PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 11:39 am
Sam Mitchell did a pretty good job shackling Bargnani to the bench in the first portion of the season, and perhaps deservedly so. My take on the upside is that as gifted athletically as Thomas is he won't be able to create his own shot as consistently as the other guys. He may end up being a Shawn Marion type who piles up numbers in all five columns but when it comes to tangible NBA star I think he will always be dependent on someone else to create for him. Bargnani and Roy, however, have already demonstrated that they can create for themselves.

Bargnani might not be as good as Dirk, but he has all the tools to be. He moves well, shoots well, shoots over people with ease, and can create off the dribble both on the wing and high post. A guy with his shot and size apparently comes around once about every 10 years (and from a former Axis country). The fact that he has 4" on Thomas, much better range, and enough physicality to be a factor gives me the reason to call his upside higher.

Roy I place up there because he too can create his own shot much easier than Thomas. I mean, he has had to do it all year in Portland already and has proven that it isn't an issue for him. He is a complete player with no weaknesses who may never be the best SG in the league, but he will always be up there.

I agree with you on Foye though. 3rd option on a good team seems like the role he's destined for.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 10:58 pm
I think Roy will be the best player out of that 2006 draft. Thomas will be the 2nd best, but he won't be too far behind. Roy for ROY is not only a pretty cool way to say it, but also a clear answer. No question this kid earns the honors. Bargnani, I like the kid. It was a smart move picking him. Thomas has his attitude problems, hopefully he doesn't turn out to be one of those players who showed great potential, but never could utilize and take advantage of it because of "free money".
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 25
PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 3:21 am
Roy looks real good and Aldridge looks like he will be very good as well so the Blazers did well getting them. Foye looks like a great PG in the making and he will likely be a star

migya make the ring fall on ya
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 10:11 pm
migya wrote:Roy looks real good and Aldridge looks like he will be very good as well so the Blazers did well getting them. Foye looks like a great PG in the making and he will likely be a star

::lol:
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 6:37 am
This is how I rate them:

1.- Roy.
2.- Bargnani.

3.- Everybody else. Which means I have no idea how they may pan out. There are several players who could claim this spot: Thomas, Gay, Aldridge, Foye, Carney, Marcus Williams... too hard to tell right now.

I'm not sure about Thomas. Seems like he has a lot of potential... but if I had to bet on his future, I'd do it for future bust. I don't like his attitude towards bball. Actually, I'd rather have Shelden Williams over him...
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 12:43 pm
Tyrus Thomas is the Ron Artest of the 2006 Draft; his attitude is troubling, but he's got MVP talent. When Tyrus Thomas' head is in the game, he's the best rookie out of the draft. He can defend at an All-NBA first team level and his offensive game is already improving.
All Star
PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 11:09 am
I agree that Tyrus Thomas is the Ron Artest of the 2006 draft. I think we differ on where we stand towards Ron Ron though.

I would say that the 2006 draft isn't half as deep as the 1999 draft, but I would liken Bargnani and Roy to Brand and Francis in that draft. They both had impressive but not stellar campaigns and looked poised to be great in the coming years. I'm not saying either of those two will play like the others but it is just for the sake of comparing rookie seasons.

Just looking back at that draft though I forget how deep it was.

Brand, Francis, Baron, Odom, Rip H, Wally World, Miller, Marion, Terry, Maggette, Artest, and Manu. Nice to see the W's walk it out reppin' Vonteego and Tim Young.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 11:26 am
Yeah... the tough part is that a lot of experts thought the Warriors would take Ron Artest and St Jean "surprised" us with Vonteego. :banghead:
Next

Return to Trades