Trade for Dwight

Discuss any moves or trades here, real, rumored, made up, you name it!

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 25
PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 5:12 pm
TMC wrote:
migya wrote:It wasn't a realistic trade but one that was fair talentwise right now

:scratch: How can an unrealistic trade be fair talentwise?. I'm a bit lost here, pal. :wink:

If you go through this thread you'll see I have said that neither team would likely go for the first trade I wrote. Magic are likely not going to trade Dwight for anyone right now because they have already started building around him and Mullin would not only be giving up too much talent (three starters including 2 young rising stars). Mullin would be looking at players that are attainable because they are wanting out of their current team

migya make the ring fall on ya
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 3:00 am
migya wrote:Mullin would not only be giving up too much talent

You can't give up too much talent for a player like Dwight. This is still a game of stars... they define the game, not the role players. You can find role players anywhere, while there are only a handful of stars.

If it takes trading the whole team to get a player like Dwight, Wade or Lebron, nobody would think twice about it.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 51
PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 9:39 am
TMC wrote:

You can't give up too much talent for a player like Dwight. This is still a game of stars... they define the game, not the role players. You can find role players anywhere, while there are only a handful of stars.

If it takes trading the whole team to get a player like Dwight, Wade or Lebron, nobody would think twice about it.

Exactly. This is a pipe dream. Just like "Murphy, Pietrus, and draft picks for Garnett" :roll:
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 5:17 pm
TMC wrote:

Dwight will be superstar soon but the Magic, unless they get great free agents, will not be in the lottery again and won't get very good players around Dwight. Monta is allstar type as maybe is Biedrins. Harrington is not the worst tweener out there and has actually improved some skills lately. These are three proven players this season so it is not just average players for a superstar like with Shaq to Miami trade. None trades the whole team for a superstr either. 3 or 4 players maybe but noone dismembers their team for just one player as it never would work :wink:

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 51
PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 10:42 pm
migya wrote:
TMC wrote:

Dwight will be superstar soon but the Magic, unless they get great free agents, will not be in the lottery again and won't get very good players around Dwight. Monta is allstar type as maybe is Biedrins. Harrington is not the worst tweener out there and has actually improved some skills lately. These are three proven players this season so it is not just average players for a superstar like with Shaq to Miami trade. None trades the whole team for a superstr either. 3 or 4 players maybe but noone dismembers their team for just one player as it never would work :wink:

So... you're saying that if the Orlando Magic can't surround Dwight Howard with a good enough supporting cast, they'll trade him for dirt cheap?

Biedrins, Ellis, and Harrington are all fine players... but none of them will ever be more than 2nd fiddle in their career (including Monta). Meanwhile, Dwight Howard might just take the NBA over in a couple of seasons. If the Warriors could swing they trade, they wouldn't think twice about it. Unfortunately, it's a Warrior fan pipe dream that'll never happen. The Magic are horribly underpaid (you CAN'T get equal value in return for big men like Duncan, Dwight Howard, Greg Oden, or Shaq).
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 11:44 pm
Guess I just see those three as better players than you do

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 2:10 am
migya wrote:Guess I just see those three as better players than you do

You know, the issue here is that Shaq was traded because he wanted to be traded. The Magic would only trade Dwight if he forces them to do so.

And Dwight won't do that now. He'll have to go through some years of mediocrity to take that decision.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 4:09 am
TMC wrote:
migya wrote:Guess I just see those three as better players than you do

You know, the issue here is that Shaq was traded because he wanted to be traded. The Magic would only trade Dwight if he forces them to do so.

And Dwight won't do that now. He'll have to go through some years of mediocrity to take that decision.

My trade ideas were just hypothetical and I was going by talent for talent. I think the first trade is not an unfair one. Dwight has his flaws and likely one of those, his freethrow shooting, will always be there. That never stopped Shaq from being an alltime great (though I think Dwight won't get to that level) but Dwight is not perfect. Monta Ellis might become something like a 23pt, 7ast, 4reb, 1.5-2stl a game player, an allstar bordering on superstar. Biedrins might become a 14-15pt, 10-12reb, 2-2.5blk a game player. Harrington might stay at what where he is for the next decade. Those guys would start on the Magic easily if they were there and Dwight wasn't (in the case of Biedrins starting at C but if Dwight is seen as PF, Biedrins would start ahead of Darko). The Magic would be a playoff team, better than what they are I think if this season they had this hypothetical trade happened. I think they would be better than the 8th seed like they are now

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 5:57 am
Yeah, but, by that same logic, we could also send the newly acquired Arroyo, J-Rich and S-Jax to Cleveland for Lebron and we would have a team with Baron, Lebron, Dwight and lots of scrubs to play with them...

Some players just not adhere to those rules. They only work as a general rule, but true stars like Howard, Wade, Kobe or Lebron (to name a few) don't go by them.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 3:50 am
TMC wrote:Yeah, but, by that same logic, we could also send the newly acquired Arroyo, J-Rich and S-Jax to Cleveland for Lebron and we would have a team with Baron, Lebron, Dwight and lots of scrubs to play with them...

Some players just not adhere to those rules. They only work as a general rule, but true stars like Howard, Wade, Kobe or Lebron (to name a few) don't go by them.

Talentwise, my trade was fair, your was not :wink:
You'd have to go something like JRich, SJackson and Monta for Lebron. Lebron is better than Dwight by alot at this point!

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 4:16 am
migya wrote:You'd have to go something like JRich, SJackson and Monta for Lebron. Lebron is better than Dwight by alot at this point!

F*ck Dwight, then. I want King James. Then we'll trade Al Harrington, a pick and Pietrus for Gasol. :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

:mrgreen:
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 6:18 am
TMC wrote:
migya wrote:You'd have to go something like JRich, SJackson and Monta for Lebron. Lebron is better than Dwight by alot at this point!

F*ck Dwight, then. I want King James. Then we'll trade Al Harrington, a pick and Pietrus for Gasol. :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

:mrgreen:

Or maybe just baron and JRich for Villa :mrgreen:

Previous

Return to Trades