Trade for Dwight

Discuss any moves or trades here, real, rumored, made up, you name it!

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 10:19 pm
Just a hypothetical trade idea, neither team would likely be for this:

1. Monta, Harrington and Biedrins for Dwight, Arroyo and Garrity. I was thinking Jameer instead of Arroyo but that would be more improbable.

We give up alot but Dwight is a future superstar big the likes of Shaq, KG and duncan. I don't think he will be quite as good but reckon he will do more than Brand ever has and will. Monta, Biedrins, Arroyo and Garrity are all expirers. Doubt Mullin would give up so much (three starters including 2 great young stars) for just one superstar but there is no telling how huge Dwight will be in his career as he already is doing very well. Magic likely want Dwight no matter what anyway.

2. Monta, Harrington, O'bryant and this draft's 1st rounder (likely 13th - 16th) for Dwight, Arroyo and Garrity.

We give up less but Magic less likely to consider it. O'bryant is a young player that we know is more of a project than prospect but hopefuly Magic see it the other way. Be cheaper for them than resigning Milicic. This is a loaded draft so even if the team makes the playoffs the Magic could still get someone good. If the Warriors didn't make the playoffs, a better player could get picked

migya make the ring fall on ya
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 10:25 pm
Yeah, I agree, I doubt either team would go for it, but would these trades work out salary wise? Honestly, I believe the one with Biedrins in it would have a better chance even though it would get rejected, but still.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 52
PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 5:53 pm
This sounds like one of your fantasy team trades.

Dwight Howard in exchange for unproven potential...? The Magic aren't this stupid. If they're lucky, O'Bryant will become half of what Howard already is... and don't even get me started on "Monta, Harrington, and draft picks" (news flash: they aren't THAT good looking to other teams). And, just so you know, out of all 4 of our stars, Al Harrington is the least tradeable. He's got a way overinflated contract, his talent level is overrated (by most people's standards), he's inconsistent, and he has huge flaws in his game (defense, rebound). I'd bet that after this season teams are more willing to trade for SJax than Harrington.

Monta Ellis is this year's version of what Mickael Pietrus was last season; the trade section's favorite case in "potential for talent" trades. Trust me, people... no one's in a hurry to trade LeBron, Dwight Howard, Kevin Garnett, or Jermaine O'Neal for Monta Ellis. :roll:

Dwight Howard isn't available for anybody short of LeBron. And he won't be for another 5 years.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 6:00 pm
xbaywarrior wrote:Yeah, I agree, I doubt either team would go for it, but would these trades work out salary wise? Honestly, I believe the one with Biedrins in it would have a better chance even though it would get rejected, but still.

Both trades work salarywise as I check that almost always when trying a trade. That is alot of talent in exchange for one future superstar and high salary contracts.

And #32, Monta is far more proven than Pietrus ever was! No comparioson! Monta has been consistently very good all season and produced unlike Pietrus ever has! Monta is 20 years old and already near allstar caliber so he is attractive to every team! Dwight is pretty much untouchable but the Magic are weak at the positions of addressed in this trade (Center or PF which ever one Dwight isn't, PG/SG and SF with Hill close to retiring). A hypothetical trade that neither team would consider but a fair trade anyway

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 6:17 pm
Howard for Ellis a fair trade...?

Oh, wait, I forgot... you thought Chauncey Billips for Stephon Marbury was a fair trade in 2005-'06. :roll:

And Kevin Garnett for Rasheed Wallace, too. And lets not forget Chris Bosh for Manu Ginobli. Amare and Deng in exchange for LeBron. All "fair" trades, yes?
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 7:21 pm
32 wrote:Howard for Ellis a fair trade...?

Oh, wait, I forgot... you thought Chauncey Billips for Stephon Marbury was a fair trade in 2005-'06. :roll:

And Kevin Garnett for Rasheed Wallace, too. And lets not forget Chris Bosh for Manu Ginobli. Amare and Deng in exchange for LeBron. All "fair" trades, yes?

Firstly, it was Monta, Harrington and Biedrins, all starters, all producing very well and 2 of them very young rising stars for one young "future" superstar who is a very good defender but has limitations offensively at the minute and two high salary contracts. Unfair perhaps for the Warriors :wink:

Secondly, xbay seems very content with the trade HE proposed and I accepted. Ask him what he thinks. Oh hang on, you don't go by facts but only by your own warped opinion as if that is valid. Like I said recently, you seem to live in your own world #32 and noone else wants to go there, rightfully so

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 9:40 pm
LMAO ::lol: XBay is the ONLY person who didn't think that trade was a hose; even you know, deep down, that it was BS. Pretty funny, though, how you keep the act up to save face.

Whatever. I'm done with your little thread. Both of these ideas are trash and I'm sure the offices in Golden State and Orlando would agree. Have a nice day. :thumbleft:
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 11:50 pm
I didn't strongly disagree, I just thought if anything that trade would never go down. This trade is equivalent to the trades we see migya make during the fantasy year. No disrespect to him, but that's all it is... a horrible idea that is lopsided. If Bird was the GM of the Magic, he would've pulled the trigger.

But it's whatever. Even though it was a bad idea of a trade, people can dream.

All Star
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 2:25 am
I labeled it "playing wack fantasy GM" ... Kind of like trading base ball cards as a kid :dontknow:
The Broe Knows Dont Hate....
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 6:13 am
xbaywarrior wrote:I didn't strongly disagree, I just thought if anything that trade would never go down. This trade is equivalent to the trades we see migya make during the fantasy year. No disrespect to him, but that's all it is... a horrible idea that is lopsided. If Bird was the GM of the Magic, he would've pulled the trigger.

Me and #32 are referring to you in reference to the Amare and Deng for Lebron trade we did in our H2H fantasy league, in which you proposed.

As far as this trade idea, I'm just making up trade scenarios which are interesting, just to make conversatin and keep the minds ticking over :wink: The above trades are not onesided though!

All Star
PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 11:52 am
migya wrote:
xbaywarrior wrote:I didn't strongly disagree, I just thought if anything that trade would never go down. This trade is equivalent to the trades we see migya make during the fantasy year. No disrespect to him, but that's all it is... a horrible idea that is lopsided. If Bird was the GM of the Magic, he would've pulled the trigger.

Me and #32 are referring to you in reference to the Amare and Deng for Lebron trade we did in our H2H fantasy league, in which you proposed.

As far as this trade idea, I'm just making up trade scenarios which are interesting, just to make conversatin and keep the minds ticking over :wink: The above trades are not onesided though!

Yeah they are, since Howard is a future MVP. Sorry.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 5:53 pm
JayPat wrote:
migya wrote:

Yeah they are, since Howard is a future MVP. Sorry.

If Monta turns out like Arenas and Harrington and Biedrins just stayed the same, that would be 3 definate starters so not so bad

Franchise Player
PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 11:16 pm
migya wrote:

I gave up on my season and was desperate to make a run. If anything I benefitted well from that trade. I don't understand why anyone should bash on it. Amare was averaging double-doubles consistently. Going 25+/12+ since the trade. Deng was the 20/10 man. My team suffered with LeBron... but it made a run with Amare and Deng. There's a difference.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 11:55 pm
xbaywarrior wrote:
migya wrote:

I gave up on my season and was desperate to make a run. If anything I benefitted well from that trade. I don't understand why anyone should bash on it. Amare was averaging double-doubles consistently. Going 25+/12+ since the trade. Deng was the 20/10 man. My team suffered with LeBron... but it made a run with Amare and Deng. There's a difference.

Don't pay attention to the garbage xbay, you proposed, I accepted and you benefitted as probably did I. Astroke of genius and you deserve credit!

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 9:41 am
Funny how the only guy who thinks it was a "genius" move is the other end of the trade.

Kinda how Nelson keeps insisting that the Pacers/Warriors trade was 'good for both sides', huh? :wink:
Next

Return to Trades