KG to warriors?

Discuss any moves or trades here, real, rumored, made up, you name it!

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

All Star
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 2:10 pm
I think it depends on what happens with the draft on making a decision on Garnett, For example if they were to get lucky with the 1'st pick they would get Oden & keep Garnett, but with the 2nd pick Durant would be chosen & more than likely KG would be moved, although both scenarios are unlikely with the Wolves slotted to get the 7'th pick. Theres a lot of factors is my point.
The Broe Knows Dont Hate....

Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 1:57 am
KG is going to pick a few/couple teams he wants to be traded to and Minny will deal him to the team that gives them the best offer. Just like Shaq did.

So far all i have heard was Chi-Town and Lakers.

I can guarantee you it wont be the Grizzles, Hawks, or any other sorry weak team like that. If he has has any ties to Baron or JRich that might help us, unless JRich is one to go.

I would trade any combo of players for KG, wed just have to keep either Monta or Baron. And since KG is getting old my guess is we keep Baron. And that means a package of Monta, JRich, Pietrus, and a couple first rounders might work. Personally Id like that package more than anything LA or Chi could reasonably offer.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 28
PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 3:40 am
32 wrote:
migya wrote:Just like you to cloud things to try to make your opinion look better :roll:

Those trades I proposed a year or more ago! At the time, they were more than viable. Murphy was a double double player that lloked he cared about getting better (which ofcourse ended up him getting worse and only you seemed to think he was a very good player), Diogu was a great prospect that did great with the court time he had (he had some very big performances like the one in Detroit that showed his capabilities), Taft had very good performances in the limited time he had and had not gotten injured yet (he did very well at the beginning of last season when the team had a great first month before it all collapsed) and Zarko had unique skills and did decently in his very limited court time (that was before his back injuries as well). Fisher also had a good season last season for the Warriors and was an attractive piece for a team looking to improve like the TWolves.

The facts are much better than twisted statements!

How did I "twist" or "cloud" anything...?

I simply quoted you, straight from the horse's mouth, and you got all butt-hurt because you finally see how ludacrous those trades sounded. Arguing and trying to rationalize your former opinion doesn't help you. Just count your losses and move on.
In a year, you'll be saying the same thing about this Harrington, Pietrus, Barnes garbage... :roll:

Guess someone that said 8 years ago that trading for Michael Jordan was a good thing is now insane as he doesn't even play :roll:
Just another moment of madness buddy

migya make the ring fall on ya
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 5:08 am
Money wrote:KG is going to pick a few/couple teams he wants to be traded to and Minny will deal him to the team that gives them the best offer. Just like Shaq did.

Add Miami, Dallas and NY and we'll have the same list. :wink:
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 53
PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 7:57 am
migya wrote:
32 wrote:
migya wrote:Just like you to cloud things to try to make your opinion look better :roll:

Those trades I proposed a year or more ago! At the time, they were more than viable. Murphy was a double double player that lloked he cared about getting better (which ofcourse ended up him getting worse and only you seemed to think he was a very good player), Diogu was a great prospect that did great with the court time he had (he had some very big performances like the one in Detroit that showed his capabilities), Taft had very good performances in the limited time he had and had not gotten injured yet (he did very well at the beginning of last season when the team had a great first month before it all collapsed) and Zarko had unique skills and did decently in his very limited court time (that was before his back injuries as well). Fisher also had a good season last season for the Warriors and was an attractive piece for a team looking to improve like the TWolves.

I simply quoted you, straight from the horse's mouth, and you got all butt-hurt because you finally see how ludacrous those trades sounded. Arguing and trying to rationalize your former opinion doesn't help you. Just count your losses and move on.
In a year, you'll be saying the same thing about this Harrington, Pietrus, Barnes garbage... :roll:

Guess someone that said 8 years ago that trading for Michael Jordan was a good thing is now insane as he doesn't even play :roll:

... I understand what you're trying to say, but it really doesn't help your case at all. At NO POINT was Zarko, Taft, and Murphy a good enough package to aquire KG. Not even a year ago. Look at their numbers. You were wrong. Just admit it.

Murphy (on his best day) is a 3rd tier player... and the other two are trade filler. You're suggesting that package would be enough to land the best player in the league...? :-s
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 2:49 pm
TMC wrote:
Money wrote:KG is going to pick a few/couple teams he wants to be traded to and Minny will deal him to the team that gives them the best offer. Just like Shaq did.

Add Miami, Dallas and NY and we'll have the same list. :wink:

Really, well I kinda heard Miami, didnt know if that was true or not.

Didnt hear a thing baout Dallas, unless your talking about the kneejerk KG for Dirk stuff.

And EVERYONE is rumored to being traded to the Knicks.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 2:03 am
Money wrote:
Really, well I kinda heard Miami, didnt know if that was true or not.

Didnt hear a thing baout Dallas, unless your talking about the kneejerk KG for Dirk stuff.

And EVERYONE is rumored to being traded to the Knicks.

I'm talking about the teams KG would be willing to play for... not saying it will happen.

For example, Miami won't trade Wade for him, and I doubt Minny would be interested in anyone else from their roster, so I can't see a viable trade with them...
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 3:06 am
32 wrote:
migya wrote:
32 wrote:

... I understand what you're trying to say, but it really doesn't help your case at all. At NO POINT was Zarko, Taft, and Murphy a good enough package to aquire KG. Not even a year ago. Look at their numbers. You were wrong. Just admit it.

Murphy (on his best day) is a 3rd tier player... and the other two are trade filler. You're suggesting that package would be enough to land the best player in the league...? :-s

Firstly, you were perhaps #1 supporter of Murphy on here and used to go on about how valuable his double double production was. McHale back would have likely seen that alao, as well as the potential Taft had, an athletic big man that could run and looked capable of being KG like. Zarko had the potentil but not the production. That trade proposal was not so bad at the time going by the early season performances of 2005-06 and Mullin would have thrown in a future 1st rounder or two if needed

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 8:24 am
migya wrote:
32 wrote:
migya wrote:
32 wrote:

Firstly, you were perhaps #1 supporter of Murphy on here and used to go on about how valuable his double double production was. McHale back would have likely seen that alao, as well as the potential Taft had, an athletic big man that could run and looked capable of being KG like. Zarko had the potentil but not the production. That trade proposal was not so bad at the time going by the early season performances of 2005-06 and Mullin would have thrown in a future 1st rounder or two if needed

I still think Murphy's a good player. That doesn't mean I'd put him in the same league as Garnett.

As I stated above, Murphy is a 3rd tier player. Capable of getting 15/10 in an ideal environment for him. Perhaps a slightly inflated contract, with regards to the kind of production he'll put out, but still a valueable part of any team. Anybody could tell you that he (along with Diogu) was the meat of the deal for the Pacers trade.

That being said, Kevin Garnett is a former MVP whose regular season numbers usually hover around 25 points, 12 rebounds, and 2 blocks per game. No other PF in the league can match his production. To top it all off, he's an excellent passer whose capable of creating in the post and fueling our already potent offense.

Chris Taft and Zarko Chaparkaba are trade filler... and always have been. Nothing more.

You're suggesting that Murphy, Zarko, and Taft would have been a viable trade to the Timberwolves last year? 3 power forwards, one above-average (the other two, poor) in exchange for the league's best player?

Its an absolute riot that you're still defending this idea. ::lol: :mrgreen:
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 3:50 am
Yea well, it was it was and I'm not going on about it now :wink:

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 3:27 pm
migya wrote:Firstly, you were perhaps #1 supporter of Murphy on here and used to go on about how valuable his double double production was.

Yea I do remember that. I was a huge Murphy supporter too, but it seems like Dung just salted his game up when they became good friends. And the funny thing is Pacer fans despise Murphy as much as we used to despise dunleavy. I guarantee Murphy is hating in INDY right now, at least here he had love.

Murphy worst career move was becoming friends with dunleavy.

Id actually rather have Murphy (before duns contamination) than Al right now.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 5:23 pm
Money wrote:Yea I do remember that. I was a huge Murphy supporter too, but it seems like Dung just salted his game up when they became good friends. And the funny thing is Pacer fans despise Murphy as much as we used to despise dunleavy. I guarantee Murphy is hating in INDY right now, at least here he had love.

Agreed. I've seen plenty of Pacers boards... and they all have a dozen trades involving Murphy and his "horrible contract". Seriously, I don't know how Indy can love Mike so much (and they do), while hating Murphy's guts. In my eyes, Dunleavy's got a worse contract than Murph.

Money wrote:Id actually rather have Murphy (before duns contamination) than Al right now.

Liiiiiiittle too far for me. Even though Al did disappear during the playoffs, he was a solid contributer for a big part of the season. He held down the scoring load on plenty of nights, not to mention while playing out of position to body up guys that were 30 pounds heavier than him night in and night out. Murphy would probably be getting us more rebounds (not to mention, he shoots free throws better), but Al's got him beat in every other aspect: scoring, defense (barely), passing, handling. I'm glad we have Al Harrington, honestly.

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 7:52 pm
32 wrote: Murphy would probably be getting us more rebounds (not to mention, he shoots free throws better), but Al's got him beat in every other aspect: scoring, defense (barely), passing, handling. I'm glad we have Al Harrington, honestly.

Murphy barely turned "soft" this year, and i think injuries had alot to do with it. I think defensively at the 4 they are about the same. But with the way our roster is now I think Murphy would be better at the 4 and we can keep JRich, Monta and Sjax (not like we can trade SJax anyways). Either way we still need a backup 4.

Rookie
PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 3:10 am
migya wrote:
xbaywarrior wrote:
migya wrote:That'd be the biggest robbery ever! No way that trade happens. As I said, Baron or JRich, Harrington and a future 1st rounder (in this draft perhaps), throw in O'bryant, would likely be enough

I'd put my money on Jrich leaving if they were in talks for him. They have Mike James... not great, but good enough for the time being. It'd be...

Biedrins
KG
Jackson
Monta
Baron

Quite a lineup. I hate the possibility of Jrich since of how well he's starting to mature defensively and the other aspects of his game offensively other than scoring, but we desperately need another body to help AB underneath.

You know, JRich is a very good player but it seems like right now all he has on Monta is a bit better three point shooting (he gets more) and rebounding, which is very important to the team right now. Monta is a better creator, passer and better defender, overall. If JRich were to go in the above trade I mentioned for KG, Garnett would cover the rebounding much better, Monta would start and give what he does and the team overall would be better. JRich is one of my favourite players but I understand how many think he is the one to be traded as Baron has been the catalyst for the turn around late this season, Monta has been unbelievable and rebounding and defense are major weaknesses of the team

I see where you are coming from. But from where I am standing, If we are going for KG, I would say trade Monta, Harrington, Foyle, and POB. Keep J. Rich as we would be shooting for a title immediately.

Baron
J.R.
S. Jackson
K.G.
Biedrens

Not too shabby of a starting line-up!

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 3:18 am
erndoogie46 wrote:
I see where you are coming from. But from where I am standing, If we are going for KG, I would say trade Monta, Harrington, Foyle, and POB. Keep J. Rich as we would be shooting for a title immediately.

Baron
J.R.
S. Jackson
K.G.
Biedrens

Not too shabby of a starting line-up!

Welcome to the board. Adding Foyle to the trade would make it less likely Minny would except. Foyle will have negative trade value until trade deadline the season his contract expires.

just a quick heads up.

And I agree I would trade Monta, Al, OBryant and for KG. I love Monta but we lost Arenas for nothing. And I really think Baron only has 2 or 3 years left before he completely breaks down, so we do need to win now with BD as our best player.
PreviousNext

Return to Trades