KG to warriors?

Discuss any moves or trades here, real, rumored, made up, you name it!

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 5:39 am
migya wrote:You know, JRich is a very good player but it seems like right now all he has on Monta is a bit better three point shooting (he gets more) and rebounding, which is very important to the team right now. Monta is a better creator, passer and better defender, overall. If JRich were to go in the above trade I mentioned for KG, Garnett would cover the rebounding much better, Monta would start and give what he does and the team overall would be better. JRich is one of my favourite players but I understand how many think he is the one to be traded as Baron has been the catalyst for the turn around late this season, Monta has been unbelievable and rebounding and defense are major weaknesses of the team

:scratch: We're watching different players, buddy.

Monta is a worst shooter (.268 against .321, and J-Rich's is worse than it should be, due to his constant injuries), worst rebounder... and if he's a better defender or creator is arguable (for example, he doubles J-Rich's turnovers). He's also 6-3 (against the J-Rich's 6-6). I love Monta's potential, but I think he's a bit overrated right now.

I mean, he still has to prove all that potential. J-Rich has already done so. I think it would be a big mistake to bank everything on Monta above J-Rich. I still don't know what position Monta should play, to be honest.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 7:30 am
TMC wrote:
migya wrote:You know, JRich is a very good player but it seems like right now all he has on Monta is a bit better three point shooting (he gets more) and rebounding, which is very important to the team right now. Monta is a better creator, passer and better defender, overall. If JRich were to go in the above trade I mentioned for KG, Garnett would cover the rebounding much better, Monta would start and give what he does and the team overall would be better. JRich is one of my favourite players but I understand how many think he is the one to be traded as Baron has been the catalyst for the turn around late this season, Monta has been unbelievable and rebounding and defense are major weaknesses of the team

Monta is a worst shooter (.268 against .321, and J-Rich's is worse than it should be, due to his constant injuries), worst rebounder... and if he's a better defender or creator is arguable (for example, he doubles J-Rich's turnovers). He's also 6-3 (against the J-Rich's 6-6). I love Monta's potential, but I think he's a bit overrated right now.

I mean, he still has to prove all that potential. J-Rich has already done so. I think it would be a big mistake to bank everything on Monta above J-Rich. I still don't know what position Monta should play, to be honest.

If read carefully what I wrote you'll see that I said JRich is a better 3PT shooter (especially that he gets more) and rebounder than Monta. Monta can handle the ball and create for others far better, as well as being a better passer and defender.

Monta will only get better and he is tall enough to be SG. He wshould get stronger and that will get easier over the next 2 years if he works hard on it. JRich is somewhat expendable right now, especially for a star big guy

migya make the ring fall on ya
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 52
PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 10:34 am
migya wrote:If read carefully what I wrote you'll see that I said JRich is a better 3PT shooter (especially that he gets more) and rebounder than Monta. Monta can handle the ball and create for others far better, as well as being a better passer and defender.

This is insanely debateable.

Since his return from injury, Richardson has been a FAR better passer than Monta... and one could also make an argument for his emotional defense, too. Right now, the only thing Monta's got on Richardson is free throw shooting and how often he gets to the line. Other than that, they're either dead-even in a category or JRich is better. Check it:

Close-range shots? Even.
Midrange scoring? Even.
Outside Shooting? Richardson.
Free throws? Ellis.
Rebounding? Richardson.
Passing? Even.
Defending? Even.

I got Richardson ahead 2-to-1, with everything else being a tie. You'll never be able to prove that Richardson's defense and passing is any better or worse than Ellis'.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 12:56 pm
migya wrote:If read carefully what I wrote you'll see that I said JRich is a better 3PT shooter (especially that he gets more) and rebounder than Monta. Monta can handle the ball and create for others far better, as well as being a better passer and defender.

Yeah, I know. What I'm saying is that the difference is not only "a bit". J-Rich is far better right now.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 8:40 pm
TMC wrote:

Yeah, I know. What I'm saying is that the difference is not only "a bit". J-Rich is far better right now.

Well right now, as in lately, Monta is way better than JRich but taking the last two seasons into account, JRich has done great but Monta this season has just risen and that will continue since the guy is so young. There is no comparison with ball handling and creating for others, Monta is much better. Defensively, Monta has seemed to go backwards a bit or at least not focussing on it as much but I reckon he is still better and has quicker hands and feet. Monta already has the skills of a star and just has to develop them a bit more. JRich is real good but Monta can replace him and right now, JRich is expendable and good enough to obtain a star big guy

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 1:51 am
migya wrote:Well right now, as in lately, Monta is way better than JRich but taking the last two seasons into account, JRich has done great but Monta this season has just risen and that will continue since the guy is so young. There is no comparison with ball handling and creating for others, Monta is much better. Defensively, Monta has seemed to go backwards a bit or at least not focussing on it as much but I reckon he is still better and has quicker hands and feet. Monta already has the skills of a star and just has to develop them a bit more. JRich is real good but Monta can replace him and right now, JRich is expendable and good enough to obtain a star big guy

This is not the right season to say anything about J-Rich... you're comparing a healthy Monta with a guy that has been injured the whole season and it's starting to play like his old self.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 3:24 am
TMC wrote:
migya wrote:Well right now, as in lately, Monta is way better than JRich but taking the last two seasons into account, JRich has done great but Monta this season has just risen and that will continue since the guy is so young. There is no comparison with ball handling and creating for others, Monta is much better. Defensively, Monta has seemed to go backwards a bit or at least not focussing on it as much but I reckon he is still better and has quicker hands and feet. Monta already has the skills of a star and just has to develop them a bit more. JRich is real good but Monta can replace him and right now, JRich is expendable and good enough to obtain a star big guy

This is not the right season to say anything about J-Rich... you're comparing a healthy Monta with a guy that has been injured the whole season and it's starting to play like his old self.

JRich's value has certainly gone down so Monta is more of a tradeable piece but he is a keeper because he will only get better. The way he is going, he has more skills than JRich and will be better

All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 10:24 am
32 wrote:

Since his return from injury, Richardson has been a FAR better passer than Monta... and one could also make an argument for his emotional defense, too. Right now, the only thing Monta's got on Richardson is free throw shooting and how often he gets to the line. Other than that, they're either dead-even in a category or JRich is better. Check it:

Close-range shots? Even.
Midrange scoring? Even.
Free throws? Ellis.
Rebounding? Richardson.
Passing? Even.
Defending? Even.

I got Richardson ahead 2-to-1, with everything else being a tie. You'll never be able to prove that Richardson's defense and passing is any better or worse than Ellis'.

Height? Richardson.
Dunking? Richardson.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 4:46 pm
JayPat wrote:
32 wrote:

Close-range shots? Even.
Midrange scoring? Even.
Free throws? Ellis.
Rebounding? Richardson.
Passing? Even.
Defending? Even.

Height? Richardson.
Dunking? Richardson.

Yes, most physical advantages (read: everything but quickness) go to Richardson as well.

Rookie
PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 3:41 am
[quote="TMC"][quote="migya"]
You know, JRich is a very good player but it seems like right now all he has on Monta is a bit better three point shooting (he gets more) and rebounding, which is very important to the team right now. Monta is a better creator, passer and better defender, overall. If JRich were to go in the above trade I mentioned for KG, Garnett would cover the rebounding much better, Monta would start and give what he does and the team overall would be better. JRich is one of my favourite players but I understand how many think he is the one to be traded as Baron has been the catalyst for the turn around late this season, Monta has been unbelievable and rebounding and defense are major weaknesses of the team[/quote]

I mean, he still has to prove all that potential. J-Rich has already done so. I think it would be a big mistake to bank everything on Monta above J-Rich. I still don't know what position Monta should play, to be honest.[/quote]

All Star
PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 5:07 pm
The KG trade thread AGAIN???

Think for a second. KG is the best player Minnesota has. It would take an act of God or serious disgruntlement (is there such a word???) from Garnett to force a trade for him with POB, Foyle, and harrington. Thats why the Diogu + Murphleavy + mcleod for Jax, Al, powell, and sarunas worked. It was originally a change of scenery/shakeup trade. They thought that if all those players changed teams, it would reenergize them and the team that they went to. But we know who got the good end of that deal, eh? hehe

If we get KG, GREAT! WONDERFUL! He will definitly add toughness to teh low block, but the trade idea is almost dead before it even got out of the gate.
"The only yardstick for success our society has is being a champion. No one remembers anything else."
-John Madden
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 10:38 pm
http://www.goldenstwarriors.com/viewtopic.php?t=3770
http://www.goldenstwarriors.com/viewtopic.php?t=3455
http://www.goldenstwarriors.com/viewtopic.php?t=2679
http://www.goldenstwarriors.com/viewtopic.php?t=2324
http://www.goldenstwarriors.com/viewtopic.php?t=2096
http://www.goldenstwarriors.com/viewtopic.php?t=1958
http://www.goldenstwarriors.com/viewtopic.php?t=1668
http://www.goldenstwarriors.com/viewtopic.php?t=1701
http://www.goldenstwarriors.com/viewtopic.php?t=1380

This isn't even counting all the BS Garnett trades littered in the main Warriors Section. And, for the record, migya authored 3/9 of these trade ideas.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 2:33 am

In case you haven't noticed, KG may want out of Minny. We should trade a few scrubs for him. I think I'll start a thread one of this days... btw, you all should be ashamed. I can't believe nobody thought about this before. :mrgreen:

All Star
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 4:02 am
J Rich has more of a low post & mid range game than Ellis but J Rich doesn't use it to his advantage as much as he should, Reggie Miller correctly pointed it out. Ellis mid game consists of pull up's & runners but has a array of finishes at the basket including more hops than J Rich right now but hopefully J Rich will continue to regain his pre surgery athleticism & should be able to increase his FT attempts & not over settle for the 3, The last 2 playoff games J Rich shot 2-13 from 3pt land while only shooting 2 FT's, In the Utah series he shot a total 38 3's with only 12 FT's, But with J Rich's track record next year should be his best overall year baring anything unforeseen [-o<

If KG talks were real Ellis more than likely would be involved before J Rich although I'm sure Mullin would consider All beneficial scenarios.....
Nellie definitely would stay another year because a Healthy Baron/J Rich/SJax/Al/Garnett=Bling Ring :mrgreen:
The Broe Knows Dont Hate....
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 3:05 am
I agree that JRich could have his most allround season if he stays with the team next season.

About KG trades - Anyone can propose trades and there will always be those gastapo types that come in nice and quick to try and step on them!
KG is now more tradeable than ever and for cheaper than ever. Something like Harrington, Pietrus (resigned), Barnes (resigned) and this draft's 1st rounder would probably be enough to get him. That being said, I don't want KG now, unless it is for relatively cheap and the trade I just mentioned I would go for because the core of Baron, JRich, SJackson, Ellis and Biedrins remain intact. KG is not a great post presence. A good one but not a great one. He can score but he does it a little more mid range than inside and the team needs inside presence. He is a great rebounder and defender and that does fill a real need but the main thing is that the team has shown real ability these last two months and one season together, hopefully relatively injury free, would equal well over 50 wins and a real shot at the championship! One more inside player that rebounds and defends well is needed obviously but it does not have to be a huge trade for an established star. The team is great, has their own style that is effective, is playing great defense and is winning alot and so no major changers are needed.

Mullin has to resign Barnes and draft either a good PF or PG at least, anything more is a great job on his part

PreviousNext

Return to Trades