KG to warriors?

Discuss any moves or trades here, real, rumored, made up, you name it!

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Role Player
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 7:15 pm
I read somewhere that someone proposed this trade

KG for foyle/POB/harrington... any thoughts about this?

KG's contract ends after next season and he wants out

That's me :D
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 7:24 pm
I've proposed a few trades for KG in the past but this one definately would not do. The only viable player from us in that trade right now is Harrington and that just won't do for Garnett and Gasol for that matter.

Something like Baron or JRich, Harrington and O'bryant or this draft's 1st rounder would get it done

migya make the ring fall on ya
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 2:04 am
aaustria wrote:I read somewhere that someone proposed this trade

Ridiculous idea. You know, if KG is on the trading block, there will be much better trade proposals than that one.

btw, I do believe Minny will trade him this offseason... It's their last chance to get something worthy in return.
All Star
PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 4:46 am

That's theft! No way Minny would do that.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 5:14 am
TMC wrote:

Ridiculous idea. You know, if KG is on the trading block, there will be much better trade proposals than that one.

btw, I do believe Minny will trade him this offseason... It's their last chance to get something worthy in return.

I'm surprised that hadn't some 2 years ago. They will likely send him East, to either the Bulls or Celtics as those two teams have some great young talent. Garnett will want to have a chance to get a championship and so maybe the Cavs (next to Lebron) or Pistons will be who he wants to go for

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 6:03 am
migya wrote:I'm surprised that hadn't some 2 years ago. They will likely send him East, to either the Bulls or Celtics as those two teams have some great young talent. Garnett will want to have a chance to get a championship and so maybe the Cavs (next to Lebron) or Pistons will be who he wants to go for

Yeah, they should have traded him already. Must be a McHale thing. "Let's try to ride him as much as we can to the last playoff spot and trade him when he's 35 and see what we get."
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 7:14 am
TMC wrote:
migya wrote:I'm surprised that hadn't some 2 years ago. They will likely send him East, to either the Bulls or Celtics as those two teams have some great young talent. Garnett will want to have a chance to get a championship and so maybe the Cavs (next to Lebron) or Pistons will be who he wants to go for

Yeah, they should have traded him already. Must be a McHale thing. "Let's try to ride him as much as we can to the last playoff spot and trade him when he's 35 and see what we get."

If McHale was smart, he'd rol the dice on winning now and try to trade something like Foye or MJames, McCants and a future 1st rounder or something for Kidd. That would give Garnett a star veteran and they could give it there all for the next 3 years

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 51
PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 2:30 pm
migya wrote:
TMC wrote:

If McHale was smart, he'd rol the dice on winning now and try to trade something like Foye or MJames, McCants and a future 1st rounder or something for Kidd. That would give Garnett a star veteran and they could give it there all for the next 3 years

That's McHale's problems: other than Garnett, he doesn't have any players that teams want. Sure, Randy Foye is attractive... but won't garner anything proven like Jason Kidd. And, besides that, it's troubled guys like Ricky Davis and Mike James, who've got talent to spare but can't seem to find a proper home in the NBA.

If McHale could swing a trade to pair Garnett with another superstar, I believe he'd do it. Not because McHale's smart (in fact, he's a moron), but because he has nothing to lose besides KG that can't be replaced.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 7:01 pm
I just se Kidd as someone that could be attainable by McHale as Kidd is on the way out. I reckon the nets would be alright with Foye or MJames, McCants and a future 1st rounder. McHale just has not gotten anything that is a sure thing, as MJames was somewhat a one season wonder. Probably trading KG is the best thing and start a new with young guys Foye, McCants and RDavis

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 51
PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 9:20 pm
I dunno... if I'm the New Jersey Nets, I'm not thrilled about taking Randy Foye as the meat of the trade for Jason Kidd. Not only is it severe underpayment, but they've also just drafted Marcus Williams to replace Kidd once he retires, so they don't have a need for Foye.

If they plan on letting Carter walk, I might be able to see them doing this trade to make Foye their starting SG... but that makes their starting backcourt horribly undersized (Williams is 6'3", Foye is 6'4"). If they want a speedy backcourt, then maybe... but I really don't think its likely.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 11:37 pm
From what I've read Carter is a definate to leave, most likely to the Magic. Like always, a team doesn't get equal in return for a star, especially an aging star like Kidd is. Foye or MJames, McCants and a future 1st rounder, maybe this draft, would be decent

Franchise Player
PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 12:33 am
JayPat wrote:

That's theft! No way Minny would do that.

I'm not sure about that, if we could steal Al and Sjax away from Indy and get rid of our two most hated players in return, anything possible. Plus, we don't even know if McHale is just as dumb as Bird. The Diogu part keyed the blockbuster trade back in February, POB could too. There are certain GM's out there who believe certain young guns will turn out to be stars, maybe McHale is one of 'em.

But, yes... that'd be the biggest robbery since the Shaq trade.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 12:39 am
That'd be the biggest robbery ever! No way that trade happens. As I said, Baron or JRich, Harrington and a future 1st rounder (in this draft perhaps), throw in O'bryant, would likely be enough

Franchise Player
PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 12:49 am
migya wrote:That'd be the biggest robbery ever! No way that trade happens. As I said, Baron or JRich, Harrington and a future 1st rounder (in this draft perhaps), throw in O'bryant, would likely be enough

I'd put my money on Jrich leaving if they were in talks for him. They have Mike James... not great, but good enough for the time being. It'd be...

Biedrins
KG
Jackson
Monta
Baron

Quite a lineup. I hate the possibility of Jrich since of how well he's starting to mature defensively and the other aspects of his game offensively other than scoring, but we desperately need another body to help AB underneath.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 1:40 am
xbaywarrior wrote:
migya wrote:That'd be the biggest robbery ever! No way that trade happens. As I said, Baron or JRich, Harrington and a future 1st rounder (in this draft perhaps), throw in O'bryant, would likely be enough

I'd put my money on Jrich leaving if they were in talks for him. They have Mike James... not great, but good enough for the time being. It'd be...

Biedrins
KG
Jackson
Monta
Baron

Quite a lineup. I hate the possibility of Jrich since of how well he's starting to mature defensively and the other aspects of his game offensively other than scoring, but we desperately need another body to help AB underneath.

You know, JRich is a very good player but it seems like right now all he has on Monta is a bit better three point shooting (he gets more) and rebounding, which is very important to the team right now. Monta is a better creator, passer and better defender, overall. If JRich were to go in the above trade I mentioned for KG, Garnett would cover the rebounding much better, Monta would start and give what he does and the team overall would be better. JRich is one of my favourite players but I understand how many think he is the one to be traded as Baron has been the catalyst for the turn around late this season, Monta has been unbelievable and rebounding and defense are major weaknesses of the team

Next

Return to Trades