Trade Proposals

Discuss any moves or trades here, real, rumored, made up, you name it!

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 53
PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 12:41 pm
I find it hard to take the word of a guy who watches >10 games a year and isn't using statistics to back up his point... :roll:

Just admit that you're in over your head, you don't know what you're talking about, and we'll move on.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 2:32 pm
32 wrote:I find it hard to take the word of a guy who watches >10 games a year and isn't using statistics to back up his point... :roll:

Just admit that you're in over your head, you don't know what you're talking about, and we'll move on.

Ya, i dont' know what more could be asked of Baron. I think his D is fine, i mean what do they expect Gary Payton? He has way better anticipation than most PGs especially when he sags into the lane and bothers the crap out of guys on the post. He is the centerpiece of the team on O and D. He is a floor leader, and he's the one yelling at teammates to start the break.

Basically, I don't see how anyone could think that Baron needs to play any better. And I don't know why people don't like our roster as of now. This team heathy and together for another 100 games can do some serious damage.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 28
PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 7:49 pm
32 wrote:I find it hard to take the word of a guy who watches >10 games a year and isn't using statistics to back up his point... :roll:

Yea, great response! Better to quit while your only 2kms behind #32 :mrgreen:

migya make the ring fall on ya
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 8:26 am
migya wrote:

Yea, great response! Better to quit while your only 2kms behind #32 :mrgreen:

Typical. I ask for a logical response... and I'm disappointed again. Not surprising, but still disappointing.
All Star
PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 12:23 am
32 wrote:
migya wrote:
O.G. Broe wrote:I know seeing is believing which explains your defense comment about Baron because Baron has been playing solid D all year and has turned it all the way up :!: Seriously migya it shows you aren't watching the games.

Baron gets steals but that stat doesn't show the horrible defense he plays sometimes! He doesn't guard his man that well at all but get those steals by being opportunistic, nice to have but not a sign of a good defender. It is not like opposition PGs get shut down when they go against Baron!

...? :-s

Let me get this straight... Baron Davis averages 2.0 steals a night and he's a horrible defender, but your boy Pietrus (who averages 0.8 SPG) is a lockdown defender...?

I'm not directing this comment at you, but anybody who doesn't think Stephen Jackson and Baron Davis have been the best defenders for the Warriors all season haven't watched more than 2 games. Anybody droning on about Pietrus, Monta, Azuibuke, or Barnes just hasn't been watching. Jackson and Davis are the backbone of that defense.

Check the Warriors' past 9 games. When Stephen Jackson played a full game (in 4 contests), the opposition never hit 100 (last night's Dallas game doesn't count because the 4th quarter was bench players). The Warriors held the other teams to 93, 96, and 89. When Jackson doesn't play, check the opponenets' scores: 122, 113, 106, 107, 106.

Seriously dude. Biedrins is the key to our defense. I agree that Baron has played good d though. And it isn't just steals either. He's keeping in front of his man. SJax has been awesome as well on D. He killed Dirk when he was on him.
All Star
PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 12:10 pm
Yeah I agree, plus Baron adds defensive leadership which is crucial to our team defense, which is the reason we are winning right now and were losing last year.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 1:24 pm
Any child can see it.
Previous

Return to Trades