Trade Proposals

Discuss any moves or trades here, real, rumored, made up, you name it!

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 7:21 am
I'm in the mood for making up trades that are viable. This thread could be used to post trades that you sincerely think could be done and would make the team better. No restrictions, just trades that work salarywise and that could work

1. Warriors trade JRich, Biedrins, Harrington and Foyle to Grizz for Gasol, MMiller, Swift and their draft pick (if it is not top 2 so likely 3rd or 4th)

Tough trade for most as JRich goes (something I don't want but this is just a possibility :) ).
My take: Gasol or any superstar big are what makes winning teams. All the great nba teams and champions are based around superstar bigs or at least great frontlines (Jordan's Bulls the exception). Mullin will get a star SG (Monta could be that) easier in the future but not a PF or Center like Gasol. MMiller can be an adequate replacement. Gasol replaces Biedrins but he is better in all facets. We get their draft pick which won't be Oden or Durant but the next best player. Key here is that they take Foyle off our hands and Swift has one less year on his contract.

Lineup:
PG - Baron/Monta/Jask
SG - Monta/MMiller/SJackson/Auz?
SF - MMiller/SJackson/Azu?/Barnes?
PF - Draft pick (Wright?)/Powell/Barnes/Swift
C - Gasol/Swift/O'bryant

2. Warriors trade Baron and Harrington to Seattle for Lewis (On the provision that he doesn't terminate contract), Wilcox and Watson.

Watson can be starting PG if Monta isn't. Watson is a very good playmaker. Wilcox might actually do well here and give rebounds at least. Lewis becomes starting SF, with SJackson 6th man.

Lineup:
PG - Monta/Watson/Jask
SG - JRich/Monta/SJackson/Azu?
SF - Lewis/SJackson/Barnes?
PF - Draft pick?/Powell/Wilcox/Barnes?
C - Biedrins/Wilcox/O'bryant

3. Warriors trade JRich, O'bryant and Foyle to Celts for Green, Delonte, Perkins, Ratliff and Cardinal. (Provision that Celts get Oden)

Celts get SG to go along with Pierce at SF, Jefferson at PF and Oden at Center. That's a possible contender.

Warriors get Green, the potential superstar (shown that he is good but not great yet), Delonte to be backup combo guard (better than Jask), Perkins to be great backup Center and some PF (great rebounder and shot blocker). Get rid of Foyle's contract while only getting Ratilff's expirer and Cardinal (better than Foyle's contract). Easier to resign Biedrins and Monta, as well as Delonte and setup for Green.

Lineup:
PG - Baron/Delonte/Jask
SG - Monta/Sjackson/Green/Azu?
SF - Green/Harrington/SJackson/Barnes?
PF - Harrington/Draft pick?/Powell/Cardinal
C - Biedrins/Perkins/Ratliff

migya make the ring fall on ya
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 7:34 am
Nice. I'll propose a few more feasible. Let's start with yours...

migya wrote:1. Warriors trade JRich, Biedrins, Harrington and Foyle to Grizz for Gasol, MMiller, Swift and their draft pick (if it is not top 2 so likely 3rd or 4th)

Not bad... The Grizz might even go for it (as long as their pick is not included), but I don't know if Gasol is worth that much. I know Mike Miller is in the trade, but still... we're giving them a lot of here.

If you insist on getting their pick, there's no way they take this trade.

migya wrote:2. Warriors trade Baron and Harrington to Seattle for Lewis (On the provision that he doesn't terminate contract), Wilcox and Watson.

Can't happen. Lewis has already said that he's going to test free agency. He may be back in Seattle, at a higher salary... and, if that happens, he can't be traded til next December.

migya wrote:3. Warriors trade JRich, O'bryant and Foyle to Celts for Green, Delonte, Perkins, Ratliff and Cardinal. (Provision that Celts get Oden)

Terrible trade. I still have to see something that can prove that Green can become half of what J-Rich already is. We take all their crap for J-Rich... Among the worst trades I've ever seen. :mrgreen:

Next post, my own trades.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 7:56 am
1.- Stephen Jackson, POB and a second rounder to Milwaukee. The Ws get Villanueva and Gadzuric (terrible contract, but that's the reason for Milwaukee to do this trade).

2.- Three team trade: Al Harrington and POB to Philly, Baron to the Lakers. The Ws get Andre Miller, Odom, Turiaf and Maurice Evans.

Ok, maybe not many reasons for any of those to happen, but I haven't found a single trade that works for every team involved and that isn't just a salary dump.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 5:29 am
TMC wrote:Nice. I'll propose a few more feasible. Let's start with yours...

migya wrote:1. Warriors trade JRich, Biedrins, Harrington and Foyle to Grizz for Gasol, MMiller, Swift and their draft pick (if it is not top 2 so likely 3rd or 4th)

Not bad... The Grizz might even go for it (as long as their pick is not included), but I don't know if Gasol is worth that much. I know Mike Miller is in the trade, but still... we're giving them a lot of here.

If you insist on getting their pick, there's no way they take this trade.

Don't see why the Grizz wouldn't trade their pick if it isn't in the top 2. They get the talent they need to get better and fill three positions well, especially SG and Center. They wouldn't have a need to keep the draft pick and won't be able to as they get slightly more talent than they give up

TMC wrote:
migya wrote:2. Warriors trade Baron and Harrington to Seattle for Lewis (On the provision that he doesn't terminate contract), Wilcox and Watson.

Can't happen. Lewis has already said that he's going to test free agency. He may be back in Seattle, at a higher salary... and, if that happens, he can't be traded til next December.

Well ain't that a fukin needle in the ointment :|

TMC wrote:
migya wrote:3. Warriors trade JRich, O'bryant and Foyle to Celts for Green, Delonte, Perkins, Ratliff and Cardinal. (Provision that Celts get Oden)

Terrible trade. I still have to see something that can prove that Green can become half of what J-Rich already is. We take all their crap for J-Rich... Among the worst trades I've ever seen. :mrgreen:

Next post, my own trades.

SCREW YOU! :mrgreen:

I just see it as getting back a capable backup combo guard that can start if required in Delonte and not to forget that he is a very good defender, an upgrade at Center in Perkins as he is an amazing rebounder and shot blocker that coupled with Biedrins, would be all the defense the team really would need. Salarycap is created as Ratliff is expirer and that could be used to resign Delonte, Biedrins and Monta, which ever ones are wanted. Green is really the one that is the biggest mystery as he has only shown glimpses of what he can do but I see it this way - He will only get better and it is inevitable that he will be a star or a 20 pint a game scorer at worst, he is too good to be any less and he will be a Ricky Davis like allround player (meaning no less than 4 rebounds and 4 assists a game which is not that great but decent) at worst as well. Players like Green a rarities and a steal if you can get them because they will always have the tab of potential labelled on them and thus are able to be traded for something good if need be

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 7:03 am
migya wrote:Don't see why the Grizz wouldn't trade their pick if it isn't in the top 2. They get the talent they need to get better and fill three positions well, especially SG and Center. They wouldn't have a need to keep the draft pick and won't be able to as they get slightly more talent than they give up

Maybe because they need all the young help they can get?. I mean, they can get a good or great player at 3-4 in this draft that would be able to replicate Al Harrington's production for 1/3 of what Al makes. No need to trade that pick. Not this year, at least.

migya wrote:I just see it as getting back a capable backup combo guard that can start if required in Delonte and not to forget that he is a very good defender, an upgrade at Center in Perkins as he is an amazing rebounder and shot blocker that coupled with Biedrins, would be all the defense the team really would need. Salarycap is created as Ratliff is expirer and that could be used to resign Delonte, Biedrins and Monta, which ever ones are wanted. Green is really the one that is the biggest mystery as he has only shown glimpses of what he can do but I see it this way - He will only get better and it is inevitable that he will be a star or a 20 pint a game scorer at worst, he is too good to be any less and he will be a Ricky Davis like allround player (meaning no less than 4 rebounds and 4 assists a game which is not that great but decent) at worst as well. Players like Green a rarities and a steal if you can get them because they will always have the tab of potential labelled on them and thus are able to be traded for something good if need be

Delonte is good... for a backup. I don't think he's good enough to start for a contender. Ditto with Perkins. Ratliff is a expirer and Green is a maybe... All of those together are not worth J-Rich.

The only interesting players the Celtics have are Pierce and Jefferson. And those two are the only ones not available for trades.

Keep in mind that the Celtics are the worst team of the league... due to those same guys you want to trade for.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 7:33 am
TMC wrote:1.- Stephen Jackson, POB and a second rounder to Milwaukee. The Ws get Villanueva and Gadzuric (terrible contract, but that's the reason for Milwaukee to do this trade).

The Bucks have no need for SJackson and O'bryant would not make the rotation as they have enough bigs right now. Would have to throw in this draft's lottery pick and even then it would have to be top 6

TMC wrote:2.- Three team trade: Al Harrington and POB to Philly, Baron to the Lakers. The Ws get Andre Miller, Odom, Turiaf and Maurice Evans.

Nice trade but 76ers wouldn't do it as they would be without a PG and where would Harrington fit in? PF? maybe but lousy fit still.

Lakers get their PG, though Jackson likely wouldn't like Baron for his fetish for throwing up threes.

Having AMiler and Odom would be awesome as that would give the team a pass first PG and a ball handling, rebounding and good scoring SF/PF.

Nice but have to throw in a resigned Pietrus or Barnes to the Lakers and a future 1st rounder to the sixers

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 7:50 am
TMC wrote:
migya wrote:Don't see why the Grizz wouldn't trade their pick if it isn't in the top 2. They get the talent they need to get better and fill three positions well, especially SG and Center. They wouldn't have a need to keep the draft pick and won't be able to as they get slightly more talent than they give up

Maybe because they need all the young help they can get?. I mean, they can get a good or great player at 3-4 in this draft that would be able to replicate Al Harrington's production for 1/3 of what Al makes. No need to trade that pick. Not this year, at least.

Good point about possibly getting someone in the draft that could do close to what Harrington does but again, Harrington is a sure thing to produce fairly well, something Gay just hasn't shown so far. They get JRich and Biedrins so it is more than worth giving their lottery pick

migya wrote:I just see it as getting back a capable backup combo guard that can start if required in Delonte and not to forget that he is a very good defender, an upgrade at Center in Perkins as he is an amazing rebounder and shot blocker that coupled with Biedrins, would be all the defense the team really would need. Salarycap is created as Ratliff is expirer and that could be used to resign Delonte, Biedrins and Monta, which ever ones are wanted. Green is really the one that is the biggest mystery as he has only shown glimpses of what he can do but I see it this way - He will only get better and it is inevitable that he will be a star or a 20 pint a game scorer at worst, he is too good to be any less and he will be a Ricky Davis like allround player (meaning no less than 4 rebounds and 4 assists a game which is not that great but decent) at worst as well. Players like Green a rarities and a steal if you can get them because they will always have the tab of potential labelled on them and thus are able to be traded for something good if need be

Delonte is good... for a backup. I don't think he's good enough to start for a contender. Ditto with Perkins. Ratliff is a expirer and Green is a maybe... All of those together are not worth J-Rich.

The only interesting players the Celtics have are Pierce and Jefferson. And those two are the only ones not available for trades.

Keep in mind that the Celtics are the worst team of the league... due to those same guys you want to trade for.[/quote]

Delonte should be the starting PG in the Celts now! Telfair is nothing but a hype and Rondo is not even average! Delonte's allround play is better than most PGs in the nba and with consistent minutes (something like 20-25mins a game) he would settle in and contribute well on both ends.

Perkins would be a backup but is more than capable of starting and giving the rebounds and defense at the very least. He is a monster and one of my favourites, along with Al Jefferson. Green, as I said, will be a very good player at worst and a supermegastar, like TMac, at best. That should be enough to make such a trade if you are looking to pitch for the future a bit in hope to get something great BUT a playoff contending team like the Warriors should reject such a trade as JRich is a CORE piece of any hope the team has of being something special BUT Monta could be an adequate replacement, making JRich now a little expendable.

This trade is interesting in the possibility of it turning out great because of Green did become the star he looks like he inevitably will be, this trade would be seen as one of the most lopsided in history!
*An allstar caliber SG, a semiproject young Center and an awful contract for a superstar swingman, very good young backup combo guard (that could start adequately), a great defender and rebounding backup Center (that could start adequately), a scrub with a moderately bad contract and an expirer

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 8:09 am
migya wrote:Delonte should be the starting PG in the Celts now! Telfair is nothing but a hype and Rondo is not even average! Delonte's allround play is better than most PGs in the nba and with consistent minutes (something like 20-25mins a game) he would settle in and contribute well on both ends.

Delonte is their starter. Over 30 min per game, and just 11 points, 3 boards, 4.6 assists and over 2 turnovers per game. Thanks, but no. He's just a role player. A good shooter to have on the bench spelling the starter. btw, terrible defender...

migya wrote:Perkins would be a backup but is more than capable of starting and giving the rebounds and defense at the very least. He is a monster and one of my favourites, along with Al Jefferson.

Perkins has been a disappointment so far. He's only able to get more fouls than boards per game. Once again, a 4 points, 4 boards player is nothing to be proud of... He has potential, but hasn't improved in the last two seasons. He'll probably stick around for a while in the league... but only as a backup. Good shot-blocker... but we already have an improved Kendrick Perkins. It's called Adonal. :wink:

migya wrote:Green, as I said, will be a very good player at worst and a supermegastar, like TMac, at best. That should be enough to make such a trade if you are looking to pitch for the future a bit in hope to get something great BUT a playoff contending team like the Warriors should reject such a trade as JRich is a CORE piece of any hope the team has of being something special BUT Monta could be an adequate replacement, making JRich now a little expendable.

Green can score... and that's all. Lots of turnovers, awful defender... At best, he's going to be what Monta already is (albeit at SG/SF)
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 8:56 am
TMC wrote:
migya wrote:Delonte should be the starting PG in the Celts now! Telfair is nothing but a hype and Rondo is not even average! Delonte's allround play is better than most PGs in the nba and with consistent minutes (something like 20-25mins a game) he would settle in and contribute well on both ends.

Delonte is their starter. Over 30 min per game, and just 11 points, 3 boards, 4.6 assists and over 2 turnovers per game. Thanks, but no. He's just a role player. A good shooter to have on the bench spelling the starter. btw, terrible defender...

11.6pts, 3.0rebs, 4.6asts, 1.1stls, 0.4blks, 1.0 3s a game at 38.8 3PTFG% and 85.7 FT% with 2.1 TOs a game (good for a PG playig 30mins). By the way, seen him play, he is a very good defender on a good noght, above average on a bad one :wink:

TMC wrote:
migya wrote:Perkins would be a backup but is more than capable of starting and giving the rebounds and defense at the very least. He is a monster and one of my favourites, along with Al Jefferson.

Perkins has been a disappointment so far. He's only able to get more fouls than boards per game. Once again, a 4 points, 4 boards player is nothing to be proud of... He has potential, but hasn't improved in the last two seasons. He'll probably stick around for a while in the league... but only as a backup. Good shot-blocker... but we already have an improved Kendrick Perkins. It's called Adonal. :wink:

Perkins has gone down this season, no doubt about it but his stat line from this season is as follows:
20:00mins 47.3 FG%, 52.1 FT%, 4.4rebs, 1.2asts, 1.2TOs, 0.3stls, 1.3blks, 4.0pts
Down from last season's stats very good numbers:
19:36mins 51.5 FG%, 61.5 FT%, 5.9rebs, 1.0asts, 1.6TOs, 0.3stls, 1.5blks, 5.2pts

He is still a great rebounder and defender, something the team needs, for long or short periods.

And um......... he is just slightly better than our current overpaid, much loved backup Center Foyle :wink: :mrgreen:

TMC wrote:
migya wrote:Green, as I said, will be a very good player at worst and a supermegastar, like TMac, at best. That should be enough to make such a trade if you are looking to pitch for the future a bit in hope to get something great BUT a playoff contending team like the Warriors should reject such a trade as JRich is a CORE piece of any hope the team has of being something special BUT Monta could be an adequate replacement, making JRich now a little expendable.

Green can score... and that's all. Lots of turnovers, awful defender... At best, he's going to be what Monta already is (albeit at SG/SF)

Green has shown he can score but he has also shown that he can be a very allround player, as he did in three or four games earlier in the season. His stat line this season so far:
20:00mins 42.3 FG%, 1.2 threes made from 3.0 three attempted 41.0 3PT%, 81.4 FT%, 2.5rebs, 1.0asts, 1.4TOs, 0.5stls, 0.3blks, 9.4pts

He can score and hit from the outside well, fitting in with Nelson's style and replacing JRich pretty well. His steals and blocks look good for limited time, as does his turnovers so he does reasonable in other areas besides scoring already and should only get better.

This trade, as I said, can only be a winner as Monta is capable of replacing JRich and Foyle's disgraceful contract goes. Even if Green did what he is doing this season, in 30mins a game he'd be on 15 points a game. My gripe with Green is that he may be a ball hog of sorts

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 8:59 am
Warriors trade JRich and Harrington to Bucks for Redd and Villaneuva

JRich is more allround than Redd but Redd seems to be a bit more of a scorer at this point and a gunner from the outside. Villaneuva can only get better from what he did this season and is a real PF, unlike Harrington, but he can still run and shoot well from the outside. Better defender as well

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 9:20 am
migya wrote:11.6pts, 3.0rebs, 4.6asts, 1.1stls, 0.4blks, 1.0 3s a game at 38.8 3PTFG% and 85.7 FT% with 2.1 TOs a game (good for a PG playig 30mins). By the way, seen him play, he is a very good defender on a good noght, above average on a bad one :wink:

Ok, I won't say anything else about his defense because I haven't seen him enough. He never looked any good the few times I did, tho... but maybe those were just bad games.

But his 4 assists/2 turnovers per game ain't really good. Shows he's not much of a PG, but a shooter.

migya wrote:And um......... he is just slightly better than our current overpaid, much loved backup Center Foyle :wink: :mrgreen:

With an important note. Foyle's contract runs for two seasons less than Perkins. Can't believe I'm saying this... but Foyle's contract gives us more relief financially.

migya wrote:Green has shown he can score but he has also shown that he can be a very allround player, as he did in three or four games earlier in the season. His stat line this season so far:
20:00mins 42.3 FG%, 1.2 threes made from 3.0 three attempted 41.0 3PT%, 81.4 FT%, 2.5rebs, 1.0asts, 1.4TOs, 0.5stls, 0.3blks, 9.4pts

He can score and hit from the outside well, fitting in with Nelson's style and replacing JRich pretty well. His steals and blocks look good for limited time, as does his turnovers so he does reasonable in other areas besides scoring already and should only get better.

:dontknow: He still has to prove that.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 9:30 am
Delonte is a combo guard and one that can play PG decently but will never be a true playmaker. Still a nice player to have that offers more than Jask.

Can't believe you are saying Foyle's contract is better than Perkin's :shock: Perkins wil not be getting paid as much, though he will be getting a fair amount for a backup, if he fills his role well it would be worth it but he is also a question mark because of the way he has looked like he has gone backwards this season.

Green is all potential and has only shown a bit so far. He is very young so he has that going for him but he is a question mark also

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 10:47 am
migya wrote:Can't believe you are saying Foyle's contract is better than Perkin's :shock:

Yeah, I'm also shocked at my own quote. :wink:

But really, Foyle becomes a expirer in two years, while Perkins is signed for five more years... not to a big contract, but it may become a problem, long term, to re-sign other players. What I'm saying is that Foyle's contract is more valuable because it ends sooner...

btw, the J-Rich/Al for Redd/Villa has no chance of happening. We'd get the two best players of the deal. Go figure.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 12:05 am
TMC wrote:
migya wrote:Can't believe you are saying Foyle's contract is better than Perkin's :shock:

Yeah, I'm also shocked at my own quote. :wink:

But really, Foyle becomes a expirer in two years, while Perkins is signed for five more years... not to a big contract, but it may become a problem, long term, to re-sign other players. What I'm saying is that Foyle's contract is more valuable because it ends sooner...

btw, the J-Rich/Al for Redd/Villa has no chance of happening. We'd get the two best players of the deal. Go figure.

Yea, Perkins's contract could be a little bit of a problem but as you said, it isn't that big anyway.

JRich is arguably better than Redd as he is more allround. Villa is the one that is what I'd want as he is a true PF with better rebounding and defense than Harrington, though he hasn't shown a whole lot yet in his career

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 51
PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 5:13 pm
And, here, I thought the 2-man thread was a lost art. :wink:
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Next

Return to Trades