Getting Gasol

Discuss any moves or trades here, real, rumored, made up, you name it!

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 12:49 am
I already came up with a trade that could get Gasol and my fellow moderator TMC is sure that the Grizz would basically spew at the notion. I will list two possiblities here and would like people's responses to the fairness and then the possibility (according to their own opinion).

1. Baron, Harrington and this draft's 1st round pick (could be anywhere from 5th to 11th) for Gasol, Swift and Stoudamire. This is a scenario with the condition that Grizz get 1st pick and get Oden who would replace Gasol as their Center.

For the Grizz - Oden replaces Gasol, Harrington can be their PF, Gay is their SF, MMiller is their SG and Baron is their PG
OR
Oden Center, Warrick PF, Harrington SF, MMiller SG and Baron PG

For the Warriors - Gasol is the big star the team has always needed and Stoudamire and Swift are nothing more than fillers who would likely not stay on the team in two years when their contracts are up.

2. Baron, Harrington, O'bryant and this draft's 1st round pick (could be anywhere from 5th to 11th) for Gasol, Stoudamire, Cardinal and Gay. This is a scenario with the condition that the Grizz get 2nd pick and get Durant, an nba SF going by most reviews.

For the Grizz - O'bryant is not starting Center material but he gives them a 7 footer that will liekly develop alot over the next two seasons, maybe to the point that he can start. Durant would b their starting SF so Gay would be given to us. Harrington plays PF, Swift likely at Center (unless they can get someone else to do it better than him), MMiller SG and Baron PG. Warrick could be PF as well, interchanging with Harrington.
Not as good as the first scenario because Durant is not a Center but still is an upgrade for the Grizz.

For the Warriors - Gasol is the big star the team always needed, Gay could fit really well in this system and possibly start and Cardinal and Stoudamire are fillers that are not keepers

migya make the ring fall on ya
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 4:25 am
Can't we keep all this Gasol talk in just one thread?

Ok, this is the only feasible trade to get Gasol that I can't think of:

Monta, Harrington, Biedrins and POB for Gasol and Alexander Johnson. Maybe replacing Harrington and POB with J-Rich (which would make the trade even worse for us)

I doubt I'd do any of those trades, but I'm sure Memphis won't trade for Baron Davis. No-f*cking-way.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 4:44 am
TMC wrote:Can't we keep all this Gasol talk in just one thread?

Ok, this is the only feasible trade to get Gasol that I can't think of:

Monta, Harrington, Biedrins and POB for Gasol and Alexander Johnson. Maybe replacing Harrington and POB with J-Rich (which would make the trade even worse for us)

I doubt I'd do any of those trades, but I'm sure Memphis won't trade for Baron Davis. No-f*cking-way.

You're making it look like it is us that are in the difficult position of having to trade our star. Gasol has demanded to be traded so getting Baron, Harrington and this draft's 1st rounder (a lottery pick and possibly a top 7 one) is more than generous. Taking two of their over priced busts too

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 4:50 am
migya wrote:You're making it look like it is us that are in the difficult position of having to trade our star. Gasol has demanded to be traded so getting Baron, Harrington and this draft's 1st rounder (a lottery pick and possibly a top 7 one) is more than generous. Taking two of their over priced busts too

We're not the only ones trying to trade for him. And they didn't trade him even tho he demanded to be traded. They won't do it if they don't get the right deal. That's what Jerry West does (and it's the right thing to do).
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 6:21 am
TMC wrote:
migya wrote:You're making it look like it is us that are in the difficult position of having to trade our star. Gasol has demanded to be traded so getting Baron, Harrington and this draft's 1st rounder (a lottery pick and possibly a top 7 one) is more than generous. Taking two of their over priced busts too

We're not the only ones trying to trade for him. And they didn't trade him even tho he demanded to be traded. They won't do it if they don't get the right deal. That's what Jerry West does (and it's the right thing to do).

They can't just stay put with Gasol because it could get ugly so this deal is a very good one for them as they get proven producers and another lottery pick. Don't see many teams giving more than that. Had the Bulls offered both Gordon and Deng it would have been difficult but they didn't even want to do that. Starting from scratch is an option for the Grizz but even with Oden, they will have no PG, very young potentially good players but who have not yet developed enough and will have to rely on Gasol getting excited and wanting to stay otherwise they will be 5 players deep and nothing else. If they start from scratch by trading Gasol for expirers or just picks (Gasol has made it clear he wants to go to a contending team so those picks won't be lottery ones) will mean that it will take them 4 years at least to get anywhere good, with Oden or not.

A lineup of Baron, MMiller, Harrington, Warrick and Oden is a very good one and not only a playoff caliber one but a top 5 or 6 seed.

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 6:28 am
You haven't yet read my reply on another thread, right?. Gasol himself has said that he'll stay in Memphis if they get Oden.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 6:55 am
TMC wrote:You haven't yet read my reply on another thread, right?. Gasol himself has said that he'll stay in Memphis if they get Oden.

Well then Boston better get Oden then :wink:
Gasol would probably like the Warriors some what, though they wouldn't be his first choice for sure. I stand by my proposed trade for him as it is fair for both teams and could well be a possibility. Gasol right now looks like the most desirable big player that could be available for trading, even more than Al Jefferson and I like him alot. Gasol is still fairly young and has proven that he can do well, even with fairly average talent around him

Return to Trades