Reggie Miller going to the Mavs...

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, 32

Starting Lineup
» Wed Feb 28, 2007 4:04 pm
There's nothing concrete about this rumor, but it's being loosely talked about.

Anyone have any thoughts on this???

Click the link for the story...

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/rumors/post/Mavs-interested-in-Reggie-Miller?urn=nba,25369&cp=16

Hall of Famer
» Wed Feb 28, 2007 5:24 pm
He wants a championship, end of story! Some guys just can't admit that they couldn't win a championship in their prime and want to ride other fukers when they are grandpa age

» Wed Feb 28, 2007 5:48 pm
Shooters are the hardest things to find in basketball. Consistent ones, anyways.

Reggie was the best 3-point shooter of all-time. The Heat would probably LOVE him. But I doubt there's any merit to this.

All Star
» Wed Feb 28, 2007 6:25 pm
Mark Cuban is a great owner. The Mavs are running away with the league this year and he still finds ways to make things interesting a la trying to lure Reggie out of the booth. I sincerely doubt Reggie will go for this, and Cuban might feel the same way. Thing is we are still talking about the Mavs.

All Star
» Wed Feb 28, 2007 11:40 pm
players who come out of retirement to hitch a ride on a championship contender are pathetic. but not as pathetic as the last 13 years.

Hall of Famer
» Thu Mar 01, 2007 1:15 am
Thunder wrote:Mark Cuban is a great owner. The Mavs are running away with the league this year and he still finds ways to make things interesting a la trying to lure Reggie out of the booth. I sincerely doubt Reggie will go for this, and Cuban might feel the same way. Thing is we are still talking about the Mavs.

Reggie would be a nice addition to the Mavs, if he can still shoot that is but even then, the Mavs have enough shooters

Hall of Famer
» Thu Mar 01, 2007 4:11 am
I doubt it happens... Reggie doesn't need to come back to prove anything. Doing it to win a ring strictly as a role player won't do his legacy any good.

Hall of Famer
» Thu Mar 01, 2007 4:20 am
TMC wrote:I doubt it happens... Reggie doesn't need to come back to prove anything. Doing it to win a ring strictly as a role player won't do his legacy any good.

Some of these old priks just want a ring, as if it makes them better or something

Role Player
» Mon Mar 05, 2007 2:37 am
I wouldn't fault Reggie one bit if he came back, as I'd love to watch him play and hit some threes in the playoffs. Him wanting to get a ring is perfectly understandable, as it is probably the one thing he wanted to accomplish in his career and didn't (due in large part to the Jordan years). I like watching him play and would love to do so again. I thought Malone and Payton were a couple of bitches for hitching onto the Lakers, but that's just because I hate the Lakers and was never a fan of either Malone or Payton.

Hall of Famer
» Mon Mar 05, 2007 5:35 am
Anyone can ride the best team in the nba to a championship but it is near meaningless and nothing like taking YOUR team to the championship