Reggie Miller going to the Mavs...

Discuss any moves or trades here, real, rumored, made up, you name it!

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 4:04 pm
There's nothing concrete about this rumor, but it's being loosely talked about.

Anyone have any thoughts on this???

Click the link for the story...

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/rumors/post/Mavs-interested-in-Reggie-Miller?urn=nba,25369&cp=16
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 5:24 pm
He wants a championship, end of story! Some guys just can't admit that they couldn't win a championship in their prime and want to ride other fukers when they are grandpa age

migya make the ring fall on ya
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 52
PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 5:48 pm
Shooters are the hardest things to find in basketball. Consistent ones, anyways.

Reggie was the best 3-point shooter of all-time. The Heat would probably LOVE him. But I doubt there's any merit to this.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
All Star
PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 6:25 pm
Mark Cuban is a great owner. The Mavs are running away with the league this year and he still finds ways to make things interesting a la trying to lure Reggie out of the booth. I sincerely doubt Reggie will go for this, and Cuban might feel the same way. Thing is we are still talking about the Mavs.

All Star
Poster Credit: 5
PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 11:40 pm
players who come out of retirement to hitch a ride on a championship contender are pathetic. but not as pathetic as the last 13 years.
"Losing is inevitably close to winning," Guber said. "They're inches apart. Drama. If you have drama, you've got a ticket to sell." "They're not real fans," Lacob said. "They don't have season tickets."
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 1:15 am
Thunder wrote:Mark Cuban is a great owner. The Mavs are running away with the league this year and he still finds ways to make things interesting a la trying to lure Reggie out of the booth. I sincerely doubt Reggie will go for this, and Cuban might feel the same way. Thing is we are still talking about the Mavs.

Reggie would be a nice addition to the Mavs, if he can still shoot that is but even then, the Mavs have enough shooters

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 4:11 am
I doubt it happens... Reggie doesn't need to come back to prove anything. Doing it to win a ring strictly as a role player won't do his legacy any good.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 4:20 am
TMC wrote:I doubt it happens... Reggie doesn't need to come back to prove anything. Doing it to win a ring strictly as a role player won't do his legacy any good.

Some of these old priks just want a ring, as if it makes them better or something

Role Player
PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 2:37 am
I wouldn't fault Reggie one bit if he came back, as I'd love to watch him play and hit some threes in the playoffs. Him wanting to get a ring is perfectly understandable, as it is probably the one thing he wanted to accomplish in his career and didn't (due in large part to the Jordan years). I like watching him play and would love to do so again. I thought Malone and Payton were a couple of bitches for hitching onto the Lakers, but that's just because I hate the Lakers and was never a fan of either Malone or Payton.
Basketball hope in the City Of Dope?
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 5:35 am
Anyone can ride the best team in the nba to a championship but it is near meaningless and nothing like taking YOUR team to the championship

Return to Trades