Deadline Deals That WORK

Discuss any moves or trades here, real, rumored, made up, you name it!

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 13507
Joined: Mon Sep 19, 2005 10:03 pm
Location: Golden State
Poster Credit: 51
PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 2:46 pm
1) Jason Richardson for Anderson Varejao, Sasha Pavlovic, & Donyell Marshall

This one was featured in my last thread. The explaination is in there.

2) Mickael Pietrus for Sean May & Ryan Hollins

May seems lost in Charlotte's rotation; mainly roadblocked by a healthy Okafor. He's struggling to get over 20 minutes a night and his production can be easily replaced by Othella Harrington. Golden State is looking to beef up the inside. A traditional PF, who can rebound and block shots, couldn't hurt. Meanwhile, Pietrus becomes the starting SG in Charlotte and makes a dynamically athletic duo with Gerald Wallace. Brevin Knight has a field day tossing ally-oops all over the floor. Charlotte's been aching for a scorer, since discovering that Morrison can't carry the load by himself (at least, no this year). Hollins, meanwhile, is waived.

3) Jason Richardson, Mickael Pietrus, & Zarko Chaparkaba for Paul Pierce

Pierce is visibly frustrated with his situation in Boston. He's been quoted saying he hopes the Celtics trade their lottery pick for some veteran help. Since it's unlikely the Celtics will dish away a chance at Oden or Durant, a Paul Pierce trade might be more possible than ever. Pietrus and Chaparkaba will expire after this season and Richardson is the bargain contract of the league. JRich replaces Pierce in the Celtic lineup, hoping to draft Oden, and the other two aren't resigned (leaving room to keep Green, Jefferson, and their lottery pick). In Golden State, Pierce moves back to his natural SG position, alongside childhook friends Davis and Jackson, and the Warriors blast into the playoffs with one of the most loaded starting lineups in the league (Baron, PP, SJax, Harrington, and Biedrins).

4) Jason Richardson, Mickael Pietrus, & Zarko Chaparkaba to New Jersey, Paul Pierce to Golden State, Vince Carter to Boston

See the above idea... but instead of rebuilding around JRich, Boston would rather have an expirer like Carter. Jersey picks up Richardson, who proves to be just as good a tandem with Kidd, and Pietrus (a bench spark who provides high points when in the game). The Warriors still get Pierce.
Image
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Image
Image
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 3086
Joined: Fri Jul 21, 2006 9:51 pm
Location: Redwood City, CA
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 3:35 pm
No way dude, J-Rich is more valuable than that. He wants to play for the Warriors too.
User avatar
Role Player
Posts: 450
Joined: Mon Sep 25, 2006 10:05 pm
Location: san jose
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 3:54 pm
i like the last two but if the first one happen im going to kill mullin
J rich is way better then those three guys
This is the year
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 3086
Joined: Fri Jul 21, 2006 9:51 pm
Location: Redwood City, CA
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 4:02 pm
I think for us, Mickael Pietrus is very expendable but I think we can pick up one more role player alongside Pierce. But in all honesty, J-Rich is Warrior loyal which we are not sure Pierce would be if he came here.
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 13507
Joined: Mon Sep 19, 2005 10:03 pm
Location: Golden State
Poster Credit: 51
PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 4:40 pm
I love Richardson just as much as anybody else... but if we could swing a deal for Paul Pierce, I'd do it in a heartbeat. Pierce has 4 or 5 years left on his deal, so he's not going anywhere after a trade.

He's a multi-time all-star and averages insane career numbers (23.6 PPG, 6.6 RPG, and 4.1 APG).

If there was any way we could aquire Pierce without losing Baron Davis or either of our young bucks, we should take it. His addition would make us an instant playoff team.
Image
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Image
Image
User avatar
Starting Lineup
Posts: 811
Joined: Tue Feb 14, 2006 11:46 pm
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 8:22 pm
Yes to 3 & 4 to get P2—he would be awesome (albeit, we still don’t improve on front court size, D, and rebounding.) But firepower and playoff berth, YES!

Option 2 ain’t bad. I like May’s game. He’s a smart player, very good rebounder and can score. But the question is can he run with our offense?
And I would not waive Hollins, at this point. He’s raw, but he’s extremely long, athletic, and quick for a 7-footer, can run like a gazelle and will thrive in Nelly system.
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 13507
Joined: Mon Sep 19, 2005 10:03 pm
Location: Golden State
Poster Credit: 51
PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 10:42 pm
I think option two is the most likely.

Pietrus, Wallace, and Morrison can all score... and Mickael would definately add more to the Bobcats than May can. Likewise, I think Sean May's game would bennefit our team more than Pietrus' game. Hollins, like you said, is a project. I'm not sure if Nelly would want another, less-talented version of Patrick O'Bryant.
Image
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Image
Image

All Star
Posts: 2035
Joined: Sat Jan 14, 2006 1:33 pm
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 11:48 pm
May already has a histroy of knee problems.That's what happens when you rush yourself from knee surgery!!!

And you think that he could handle running with the W's??? Please!!! He's Ike Diogu with weight and knee problems!!!

All Star
Posts: 1128
Joined: Thu Mar 03, 2005 11:06 am
Location: East Bay
Poster Credit: 5
PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 12:43 am
first off its going to take more than richardson, carbarkapus, and "cant dribble so i air france" mickael pietrus to get paul pierce. PP is one of the best players in the league, especially in the clutch.
oh and that idea about swinging this to jersey and and boston gets an expiring contract. are you kidding? who would trade a superstar for nothing? boston could keep carter, which they shouldnt because he's older and his best years are behind him. worthless trade idea if your danny ainge or chillin, smokin grass at the jersey shore.
"Losing is inevitably close to winning," Guber said. "They're inches apart. Drama. If you have drama, you've got a ticket to sell." "They're not real fans," Lacob said. "They don't have season tickets."
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 13507
Joined: Mon Sep 19, 2005 10:03 pm
Location: Golden State
Poster Credit: 51
PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 10:24 am
ChronicallyInclined wrote:first off its going to take more than richardson, carbarkapus, and "cant dribble so i air france" mickael pietrus to get paul pierce. PP is one of the best players in the league, especially in the clutch.
oh and that idea about swinging this to jersey and and boston gets an expiring contract. are you kidding? who would trade a superstar for nothing? boston could keep carter, which they shouldnt because he's older and his best years are behind him. worthless trade idea if your danny ainge or chillin, smokin grass at the jersey shore.

Let us examine these rants, shall we...

First of all, you claim that it'll take more than Richardson, Pietrus, and Chaparkaba to get Pierce away from Boston. News flash: Pietrus and Chaparkapa are expiring contracts. They wouldn't be resigned. Instead, Boston would now have enough money to resign their young bucks (such as Al Jefferson, Gerald Green, and - if they end up getting him - Greg Oden). Pierce still has a long term contract that ties up most of Boston's payroll. Dropping his salary, in exchange for a fellow superstar guard like Richardson (whose making $6 million less a year than Pierce) and combining that value with resigning your young talent, is a perfectly good reason to make this trade. Obviously, its only visible to those who think about the future.

Next, you scoff at the notion of Boston aquiring Vince Carter in a 3-way deal. Once again, here's a clue: if you're the Boston Celtics and you're banking on getting Greg Oden, you want to push Pierce out now. Not only that, but you want as much of his money off the payroll as possible (to use on Oden in a few years). Vince Carter can pacify shallow fans with his scoring and dunking until the end of the season, where he expires and leaves. Boston is now under the cap and drafts Greg Oden, using the #1 pick. Not only can they resign Jefferson and Green, but they'll have enough cash to give Oden a max-contract two or three years down the line (thus, solidifying their status as championship contenders for the next 10 years, ala the Spurs with Duncan). This version of the trade puts all of Boston's eggs in the Oden basket, which is a lot more high-risk (because the draft is so unpredictable), but its reward is much higher, too.

In conclusion, the reason Pierce doesn't need to be traded superstar-for-superstar is because (a) he wants out, due to Boston building for the future - and not the present - and (b) Boston wants his money, so they can pay their kids.
Image
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Image
Image

All Star
Posts: 1128
Joined: Thu Mar 03, 2005 11:06 am
Location: East Bay
Poster Credit: 5
PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 11:59 am
it would make sense to move pierce now, because if they do they will lose alot more games, which puts them in great draft position, and like you say, save some $. i just dont know how popular that move would be in boston.
"Losing is inevitably close to winning," Guber said. "They're inches apart. Drama. If you have drama, you've got a ticket to sell." "They're not real fans," Lacob said. "They don't have season tickets."
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 18461
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:48 am
Location: Somewhere in this site...
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 12:24 pm
ChronicallyInclined wrote:i just dont know how popular that move would be in boston.


Not much... I'm pretty sure PP won't play much this season. They're tanking for the draft, so they'll keep him out of the lineup at the minimum sign of any pain or something like that.

They'll probably want to keep him, tho. Imagine if they get Oden for next year... they'd be a PG away from being a contender.
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 13507
Joined: Mon Sep 19, 2005 10:03 pm
Location: Golden State
Poster Credit: 51
PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 12:54 pm
TMC wrote:
ChronicallyInclined wrote:i just dont know how popular that move would be in boston.


Not much... I'm pretty sure PP won't play much this season. They're tanking for the draft, so they'll keep him out of the lineup at the minimum sign of any pain or something like that.

They'll probably want to keep him, tho. Imagine if they get Oden for next year... they'd be a PG away from being a contender.

But what happens in 3 years when Oden comes up for resigning and Paul Pierce still has all of Boston's cash for another 2 seasons?

Answer: the same thing that happened when Arenas should have been resigned and Jamison had all of OUR cash...

If you were Boston, would you rather build around Paul Pierce or Greg Oden? Because there's no way they'll be able to keep both.
Image
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Image
Image
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 18461
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:48 am
Location: Somewhere in this site...
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 1:30 pm
32 wrote:But what happens in 3 years when Oden comes up for resigning and Paul Pierce still has all of Boston's cash for another 2 seasons?


Not much. Boston only has PP and Perkins (easily tradable) signed long term, and they'll be around $30 million under the cap by then... They have money to re-sign anyone they want (so far, only Jefferson is worth re-signing). That's why they don't have to trade PP if they don't want to.
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 21362
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2005 7:50 am
Location: Perth
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 10:29 am
32 wrote:Jason Richardson, Mickael Pietrus, & Zarko Chaparkaba for Paul Pierce

Pierce is visibly frustrated with his situation in Boston. He's been quoted saying he hopes the Celtics trade their lottery pick for some veteran help. Since it's unlikely the Celtics will dish away a chance at Oden or Durant, a Paul Pierce trade might be more possible than ever. Pietrus and Chaparkaba will expire after this season and Richardson is the bargain contract of the league. JRich replaces Pierce in the Celtic lineup, hoping to draft Oden, and the other two aren't resigned (leaving room to keep Green, Jefferson, and their lottery pick). In Golden State, Pierce moves back to his natural SG position, alongside childhook friends Davis and Jackson, and the Warriors blast into the playoffs with one of the most loaded starting lineups in the league (Baron, PP, SJax, Harrington, and Biedrins).



I realy like JRich but Pierce is a superstar and this trade is alright! Pierce would make the team a bit better without losing a whole lot here
Image



Image


migya make the ring fall on ya
Next

Return to Trades

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron