cavs and w's

Discuss any moves or trades here, real, rumored, made up, you name it!

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 8:15 am
I'd trade J-Rich for Drew Gooden and Varejao!!! Two young bigs who can be aquired!!! I think the Cavs would do this!!!

Everybody is looking for a superstar??? I think they would have the W's
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 53
PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 11:41 am
:roll: Wow, that trade looks vaguely familiar...

32 wrote:Would anyone be opposed to Jason Richardson being dealt for Anderson Varejao, Sasha Pavlovic, and Donyell Marshall?

Less than 24 hours later, you gotta start a whole new thread just to steal my idea?
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD

All Star
PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 5:39 pm
I read your topic and I don't like either Marshall or pav or the hell is name is?

Gooden is available and the W's need more bigs!!! Marshall is not a good idea for the W's!!!

I just made your trade better there #32 since the first one needed a little more help!!!

I wouldn't do your trade for Marshall and Pavlovic!!! Why didn't your just choose Gooden???

All Star
PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 5:40 pm
Where do you plan on placing Marshall at??? And why would we need another 2 guard??? Let's first answer that!!!
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 53
PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 10:35 pm
:roll: *Sigh* Here we go...

Why, in God's name, would the Cav's trade their ENTIRE front court for Richardson? Especially considering the trade would force them to put either Hughes or JRich on the bench... so it's crowding their backcourt, to begin with (which they'd probably allow, seeing as they'd be getting an out-right steal). That trade would totally screw up their balance on the roster. Moronic, to say the least.

Right now, Gooden and Varejao are both valued in Cleveland. I can see giving up one or the other, but definately not BOTH (especially when they aren't getting ONE frontcourt player back!). Besides; Nelson is intent on playing Harrington at the 4, so we'd be getting two BACKUP power forwards...? In exchange for our superstar?!?

This, of course, would create a massive logjam at the 4-spot (Harrington, Powell, Gooden, Varejao) and Mullin's first move of the summer would be moving at least one (maybe two) of those players, rendering YOUR trade idea completely useless.

Disregarding EVERY other thing that's wrong with your idea, I just proved it to be obsolete with ONE, single point. That's how bad it was.

QED.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD

All Star
PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 11:19 pm
Just to prove your point wrong!!! They started Varejao at center vs the Lakers and he had something like 17 rebounds???

Gooden and Varejao have shut down Harrington whenever the W's have played the Cavs!!! They can rotate both at them at the 5 position for the undersized W's!!!

Harrington is not the answer at the 4!!! Both Gooden and Varejao are both 6'10 and 6'11!!! Both players like to play defense and rebound!!! Varejao is an energy player that W's desparately need!!!

To get someone like Richardson you better start with Gooden and Varejao why would we what to reaquire Marshall??? If like what you said we would have a logjam at the 4??? What is so special about Sasha whatever his name is??? He definitely won't get major minutes at either the 1 or 2?

All Star
PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 11:22 pm
You forget that Gooden is not a backup player for the Cavs!!!

Maybe you and Mully need to get together over dinner and discuss team trades!!!

All Star
Poster Credit: 5
PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 1:01 am
32 wrote::roll: Wow, that trade looks vaguely familiar...

32 wrote:Would anyone be opposed to Jason Richardson being dealt for Anderson Varejao, Sasha Pavlovic, and Donyell Marshall?

Less than 24 hours later, you gotta start a whole new thread just to steal my idea?

its nothing to fret about. its just a thread. and your idea's, well, he had a different one.
"Losing is inevitably close to winning," Guber said. "They're inches apart. Drama. If you have drama, you've got a ticket to sell." "They're not real fans," Lacob said. "They don't have season tickets."
Role Player
PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 9:02 pm
NO on trading jrich mostly for this player unless we get somone good if not no on trading jrich
This is the year

Rookie
PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 11:36 pm
Only one problem: Cavs don't need JRich, because there is Lebron, and Gooden + Varejao are too important in Cavs roster... no future for such trade, in my opinion..
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 1:48 am
The Cavs will never make the finals unless they have a scorer and a point guard. Jason definitely solves their problems with another scorer.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.

Rookie
PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 6:10 pm
no, the Warriors a playing good right now.

if its not broke, dont fix it.
W A R R I O R S
13 years and waiting..FINALLY WE'RE IN THE PLAYOFFS LEEEETS GOOOOO
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 28
PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 10:30 pm
JRich is a keeper unless it's for a superstar. The Cavs have Hughes who is a good enough it at SG. Though I like Varejao, giving up JRich is too much

migya make the ring fall on ya
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 12:53 am
xbaywarrior wrote:The Cavs will never make the finals unless they have a scorer and a point guard. Jason definitely solves their problems with another scorer.

And creates an even bigger problem as they would lose the only two guys that get boards on that team. Ilgauskas is not enough (actually, he's less effective with each season). If they make this trade, they might even have to play Lebron at PF...
All Star
PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 2:43 am
Eh, screw the Cavs. Unless it's like Varejao for some trash, screw that.

Return to Trades