I Got A Feeling...

Discuss any moves or trades here, real, rumored, made up, you name it!

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Do you think Jason Richardson will get traded by the deadline?

Yes, we'll probably downgrade to solve other problems (ala Derek Fisher).
7%
Yes, but only if we get equal value in return.
29%
No, Richardson won't get dealt.
64%

Total votes : 14

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 7:47 am
ChronicallyInclined wrote:you guys are losing your minds. mullin has always stated that richardson is untouchable. i dont see him changing his view because he got hurt one season. how many seasons is baron davis going to owe us before its all said and done?

True... but, you know, people lie before making any trade (well, everybody except the f*cktard of Philly, who told everybody they were going to trade AI and that ended up reducing his value).

Still, I don't think he'll be moved this season. I think they'll want to see what our roster can do when fully healthy... but there are lots of rumors about him being traded. That's for sure.

As for me, I'd trade Baron before trading J-Rich. I consider Monta, Biedrins and J-Rich as the key players on this roster.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 51
PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 10:33 am
ChronicallyInclined wrote:you guys are losing your minds. mullin has always stated that richardson is untouchable. i dont see him changing his view because he got hurt one season. how many seasons is baron davis going to owe us before its all said and done?

Perfect example of somebody not reading the entire thread before hammering a response onto his keyboard. Had you finished the initial post, you'd have seen something that looked vaguely similar to this...

32 wrote:FOR THE SLOW: I DO NOT WANT TO TRADE RICHARDSON... I SIMPLY HAVE A BAD FEELING WE'RE GOING TO!

Its just a feeling, dude. Calm down. Nobody here WANTS to trade JRich. But Nelson and Mullin are clamoring for one more, deadline deal... and who else is tradeable? That's my point. :roll:
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD

All Star
Poster Credit: 5
PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 11:47 am
i hear where you guys are coming from, but i dont see richardson leaving anytime soon, no chance. with monta playing well at point, it makes davis the guy who is more expendable than anyone. davis and pietrus to LA clippers for livingston and maggette. wouldnt happen, but it'd be nice to have ellis and livingston on the same team.
"Losing is inevitably close to winning," Guber said. "They're inches apart. Drama. If you have drama, you've got a ticket to sell." "They're not real fans," Lacob said. "They don't have season tickets."
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 12:49 pm
True... but I'm still not that sold on Livingston. I can see him as an above-average PG, purely because of his body, but I'm not one of those guys who believes he'll be one of the Top 10 players in the NBA one day...
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 25
PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 10:24 am
It could be a possibility that JRich goes but for Gasol, I wouldn't give up more than JRich and Pietrus because the team is losing alot giving up their best scorer. Don't think there wil be any trades for the team but could happen

migya make the ring fall on ya
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 4:25 pm
migya wrote:It could be a possibility that JRich goes but for Gasol, I wouldn't give up more than JRich and Pietrus because the team is losing alot giving up their best scorer.

The Warriors seem to be scoring a lot, even without Richardson. His return will bolster the roster's production, but don't be mistaken into thinking we don't have other weapons who are capable of 20 PPG (Harrington, Monta, Baron, SJax).
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 25
PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 8:59 pm
But the Grizz would be getting a new best player, as they don't have anyone better than JRich. Gasol will go to the East so looking to get guys like Al Jefferson is more likely

migya make the ring fall on ya
All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 1:41 am
agreed 32.Dunno,just the timing of him bein declared fit,just b4 the deadline?hmmmmmm
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 9:03 am
Quazza wrote:agreed 32.Dunno,just the timing of him bein declared fit,just b4 the deadline?hmmmmmm

Exactly. The circumstances wouldn't surprise me.

I wouldn't be shocked to hear that this game, against the Grizzlies, is just Mully trying to show off Richardson's skill. If JRich scores 25 or more, I expect a trade.
All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 1:25 pm
Man I'd be so pissed if they traded J-Rich. It would suck.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 1:58 pm
JayPat wrote:Man I'd be so pissed if they traded J-Rich. It would suck.

It would... but only if we got lesser or equal value back for him.

If we could pull a stud like Gasol or Pierce out of a JRich trade (whereby, Monta and Biedrins stay in Golden State), I'd happily do it. Richardson's a Warriors, through and through, which is why he'll always be loved in the Bay Area... but he hasn't reached Mullin or Barry status yet.
Previous

Return to Trades