I Got A Feeling...

Discuss any moves or trades here, real, rumored, made up, you name it!

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Do you think Jason Richardson will get traded by the deadline?

Yes, we'll probably downgrade to solve other problems (ala Derek Fisher).
7%
Yes, but only if we get equal value in return.
29%
No, Richardson won't get dealt.
64%

Total votes : 14

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 52
PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 12:14 am
I got a feeling Jason Richardson is gonna get dealt before the trade deadline. Call it a hunch, but the guy's healthy (so he's tradeable), he's worth a lot of talent in return, and Nelson's never seen the best of him (so he's probably not attached to him at all).

I think Nelson believes that Monta Ellis is ready to start. If that's the case, than Richardson could be dealt for 2 extremely talented role players off the bench (probably, a couple big men: one nasty guy and another athletic big).

I don't want it to happen (and, in all likeness, it's probably just a bad feeling), but I still have a hunch. Right now, MP is being shopped around publically by Chris Mullin... but he might also be seeing what's on the market for a player like JRich. Mullin said, besides Biedrins and Ellis, that Richardson's the most requested player in trades this season. We'll see what happens.

Would anyone be opposed to Jason Richardson being dealt for Anderson Varejao, Sasha Pavlovic, and Donyell Marshall?

For Cleveland's end, either Richardson or Hughes would become the most lethal 6th man in the league. They'd have a 3-man rotation between LeBron, JRich, and Larry Hughes that would be unmatched in the NBA.

For Golden State, Pavlovic is an interesting young prospect that Nelly would love. Varejao would solve most of our rebounding woes (imagine teaming him with Biedrins) and is athletic enough to keep up. Plus, Marshall has become a reliable bench shooter in his twilight years.

I know, on paper, its ugly for us... but it gives is a lot of pieces we can use. And I just can't shake the feeling that Richardson's on the block.

FOR THE SLOW: I DO NOT WANT TO TRADE RICHARDSON... I SIMPLY HAVE A BAD FEELING WE'RE GOING TO!
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 12:38 am
I too have that weird gut feeling. The only thing I can see positive from him leaving is the value we'd receive in return. Mullin has shown he can get good value in trade, but the thing is, will Mullin be trading JR for a salary dump or to upgrade their chances at a playoff?

But all in all, I DO NOT want Jason leaving. Yes, I know, I've said that if we had to trade certain favorites away to boost our chances at the playoffs, I'd take it. But guys like Jrich and Monta have given us a lot of hope to still believe, and I'd hate to lose that hope if all of a sudden the trade doesn't work well. Like I said, it just depends... are we getting real good value in the trade? or are we doing so just to keep guys like Monta, Biedrins, Azubuike, ect for a more deserving price? I don't know, but I do know I'd really hate to see Jrich leave. Mullin has been very quiet, and when he is, you know he's working on another trade.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 12:45 am
I seriously doubt Richardson will be dealt as a salary dump. If he's traded, it'll either be for an equal star or for talented, reliable role players.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 12:48 am
That's true, I can't really see Jason leaving unless it's a talent for talent trade. But you know, the NBA can be unpredictable these days.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 12:58 am
That's right.

And after Mullin pulling off genius moves like the Baron trade, the Pacers trade, drafting a bunch of future stars, and signing a lot of key roles players... his luck might be running out. Who knows.

All Star
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 1:49 am
I think J Rich is one of Mullin's made men along with Bedrins, Monta, Baron (although Kidd rumors are resurfacing) Harrington & Jax :!:

If Pietrus is still a Warrior after the deadline I will be shocked :shock: Mullin has said he is constantly looking to get better and the Warriors still desperately need help down low, with J Rich coming back, the emergence of Jax & Azub & surplus of guards I expect a deal involving MP... Just a hunch though
The Broe Knows Dont Hate....
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 11:39 am
Problem with that is that nobody will give up inside help for Air France.

Pietrus is a fairly average player. I can't see us aquiring anyone worthwhile, so long as Pietrus is the meat of the trade (which is why I have a suspicion that Richardson's name is on the table).
All Star
PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 12:58 pm
It's an intriguing trade. I like Varejao a LOT and Jrich would be an awesome tandem with James and Hughes. However, the fact that we can imagine it means it won't go down that way. One thing about Mullin, he shows NO cards prior to any trade
To Live is A Value Judgment - Albert Camus
3 reasons for living: Jazz, Hoops and women

President Barack Hussein Obama - America chose Hope over Fear
ImageImage
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 2:22 pm
coltraning wrote:One thing about Mullin, he shows NO cards prior to any trade

That's true... and it's pretty smart, as well. The guy is an expert at pulling rabbits out of his hat.

"And for my next trick... I shall turn Speedy Claxton into Baron Davis!"
Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 3:27 pm
I wouldn’t do that that deal (J-Rich for Anderson Varejao, Sasha Pavlovic, and Donyell). Varejao is a solid rebounder, very active and hustles, but he’s not much of a scoring threat and shoots poor FTs. As you mentioned, we would not get equal value in return for a *superstar such as J-Rich.

If we consider trading J-Rich (and I, too, have a hunch that his name is, at least, being brought up) I would go for a big fish and make this a blockbuster deal.

I would offer Jason Richardson, Al Harrington, Pietrus++ and fillers from Memphis for Gasol.

Otherwise, I’d rather we stand pat and see what we can do in the 2nd half healthy. If there's no complications, Baron should not miss too many games after the break. [-o<
All Star
PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 3:38 pm
Holy crap, no way. I'd hate to deal J-Rich, even for another superstar (unless it's a megastar like Dwade or Lebron... and that's never gonna happen).
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 4:33 pm
CjR wrote:If we consider trading J-Rich (and I, too, have a hunch that his name is, at least, being brought up) I would go for a big fish and make this a blockbuster deal.

I would offer Jason Richardson, Al Harrington, Pietrus++ and fillers from Memphis for Gasol.

The only problem with that trade is that Harrinton can't be packaged until next season.

None of the Indiana guys can be traded, unless it's by themselves, which makes it tough. Jackson, Harrington, and Cabbage would make a trade a lot easier.
Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 8:14 pm
32 wrote:
CjR wrote:If we consider trading J-Rich (and I, too, have a hunch that his name is, at least, being brought up) I would go for a big fish and make this a blockbuster deal.

The only problem with that trade is that Harrinton can't be packaged until next season.

None of the Indiana guys can be traded, unless it's by themselves, which makes it tough. Jackson, Harrington, and Cabbage would make a trade a lot easier.

You’re right. Two months is the minimum, and the deadline is just next week. If we were under the cap, it could be done.
I’d still put J-Rich and Pietrus ++ on the table as the centerpiece for Gasol.

I'm sure it's an opportunity for Mullin, and he might be "mulling" over parting with Dre, at this point (if they're asking for him).
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 10:39 pm
I'm sure he'd consider it. It's not brain surgery to figure out that Gasol is much better than Biedrins (and, in a Nelly-style lineup, could probably play center here).

Richardson, Pietrus and Biedrins for Gasol would be nice. That would make our lineup...

PG - Baron Davis
SG - Monta Ellis
SF - Stephen Jackson
PF - Al Harrington
C - Pau Gasol

Seems playoff worthy, to say the least. Every guy in that lineup could be considered "all-star" worthy, at one point or another.

All Star
Poster Credit: 5
PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 12:29 am
you guys are losing your minds. mullin has always stated that richardson is untouchable. i dont see him changing his view because he got hurt one season. how many seasons is baron davis going to owe us before its all said and done?
"Losing is inevitably close to winning," Guber said. "They're inches apart. Drama. If you have drama, you've got a ticket to sell." "They're not real fans," Lacob said. "They don't have season tickets."
Next

Return to Trades