Nelson Asking For Pre-Deadline Deal

Discuss any moves or trades here, real, rumored, made up, you name it!

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Will MP stay a Warrior this season?

Yes
43%
No
57%

Total votes : 7

Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 8:36 pm
Though the Warriors already pulled off the biggest trade of the season -- Mike Dunleavy, Jr., Ike Diogu, Troy Murphy and Keith McLeod to the Pacers for Al Harrington, Sarunas Jasikevicius, Stephen Jackson and Josh Powell -- Don Nelson is said to be itching for one more pre-deadline deal. Expect Mickael Pietrus to be dangled but only if GM Chris Mullin can get value in return. Pietrus intrigues a lot of teams, but when Jason Richardson is fully healthy, there won't be a lot of playing time for him.

It'll be interesting to see what we could get in value for Pietrus + another Warrior. Suggestions?
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 5:30 am
I doubt we get much for him. We're probably looking at some inside help... and who's going to give up a good inside player for MP (and fillers, as I doubt we'd throw one of our studs in there)?.

I think MP will stay a Warrior til the end of the season... and then we'll see. If he asks for too much to re-sign, maybe we'll be able to do a sign-and-trade and get something for him.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 52
PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 9:26 am
Agreed. Pietrus isn't attractive enough to get anything worthwhile yet.

I think if we trade anybody, Barnes will be involved. Harrington seems to do everything Barnes does... and does it better. Besides, I don't think Nelly likes his streakiness.

Barnes, MP, and Azuibuke is a very attractive package to teams.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD

All Star
PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 6:07 pm
Azuibuke definitely needs more PT!!! He a more complete player than MP and Barnes!!! With the small amount ot PT that he gets, he comes through!!!
All Star
PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 7:46 pm
I would move Pietrus/Barnes, but we sure as f**k better get a strong rebounder back, cause they are 2 of our 3 best rebounders right now...sad but true
To Live is A Value Judgment - Albert Camus
3 reasons for living: Jazz, Hoops and women

President Barack Hussein Obama - America chose Hope over Fear
ImageImage
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 9:05 pm
I'd think the reason for this rumor is because Mullin sees something in Azubuike. The only positive I could see coming out of losing Pietrus is one contract the Warriors don't have to worry about resigning, but that means they wouldn't be trading for player(s), only draft picks + cash.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 3:06 am
xbaywarrior wrote:I'd think the reason for this rumor is because Mullin sees something in Azubuike. The only positive I could see coming out of losing Pietrus is one contract the Warriors don't have to worry about resigning, but that means they wouldn't be trading for player(s), only draft picks + cash.

Actually, I'd rather keep Azu than MP or Barnes... so it wouldn't be a bad thing if we trade MP for a pick (as long as that allows us to sign Azu).

Rookie
PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 8:25 am
Buke rules!
I dunk like Tolbert
Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 9:37 pm
**** yeah, Azibuike aint going anywhere. Barnes shouldn't either, he's too good coming off the bench. Trade MP. We absolutely must retain Biedrins and Ellis.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 11:46 pm
David Wood wrote:**** yeah, Azibuike aint going anywhere. Barnes shouldn't either, he's too good coming off the bench. Trade MP. We absolutely must retain Biedrins and Ellis.

Going off this quote... who would you consider tradeable? Just MP?

Baron's injured, so he can't get dealt.
Al, SJax, Roony, and Powell can't be packaged, so they'll likely stay put.
And you've eliminated Kelenna, Barnes, Biedrins, and Ellis.

Do you really think teams will solely go for a package that includes Jason Richardson, Mickael Pietrus, Adonal Foyle, and/or Patrick O'Bryant? To get something good, you gotta give up something good. If it means losing Azuibuke or Barnes, I'm willing to do it.

All Star
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 1:20 am
I will be shocked if Mullin doesn't make a move before the deadline, either immediate help down low or another blockbuster deal :salute:
The Broe Knows Dont Hate....

All Star
Poster Credit: 5
PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 12:21 am
im not banking on anything major. frankly what i think they need right now is to move pietrus/barnes, move harrington to the 3, but still do his thing since biedrins who i will now have playing at the 4 spot, wont be getting in his way in the box, but will rather be snatching his misses. o'bryant will then be in the game at C solely to set good screens, get rebounds, and block shots. it would be a 2 headed monster indeed. this would help our rebounding substantially, as well as our interior defense.
could you imagine how good beidrins will be playing against power forwards instead of C? he'd dominate with his quickness and defensive prowess. also be able to post up smaller players.
one problem will be o'bryant isnt going to get a lot of calls, so foul trouble could emerge frequently so we'll see how quickly he can adapt.
"Losing is inevitably close to winning," Guber said. "They're inches apart. Drama. If you have drama, you've got a ticket to sell." "They're not real fans," Lacob said. "They don't have season tickets."
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 6:51 am
ChronicallyInclined wrote:could you imagine how good beidrins will be playing against power forwards instead of C? he'd dominate with his quickness and defensive prowess. also be able to post up smaller players.
one problem will be o'bryant isnt going to get a lot of calls, so foul trouble could emerge frequently so we'll see how quickly he can adapt.

I can't see Biedrins at PF, sorry. I'd like our PF to be able to hit something else than layups...

I'm quite happy with him staying at C. If anything, trade POB in a package to get a true PF.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 10:29 am
ChronicallyInclined wrote:im not banking on anything major. frankly what i think they need right now is to move pietrus/barnes, move harrington to the 3, but still do his thing since biedrins who i will now have playing at the 4 spot, wont be getting in his way in the box, but will rather be snatching his misses. o'bryant will then be in the game at C solely to set good screens, get rebounds, and block shots. it would be a 2 headed monster indeed. this would help our rebounding substantially, as well as our interior defense.
could you imagine how good beidrins will be playing against power forwards instead of C? he'd dominate with his quickness and defensive prowess. also be able to post up smaller players.

Wait a second...

You pick apart MY trade ideas and call them ludicrous, and then you go on some sort of sadistic rant about moving Biedrins to PF, starting Patrick O'Bryant THIS SEASON, and letting Al Harrington take the majority of the shots...?

You don't see the problem in starting TWO CENTERS in a Nelly-style, run-and-gun offense?

...? I'm deeply confused. :oops:

All Star
Poster Credit: 5
PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 11:54 am
well in the nellie style the guards and small forwards take the majority of the shots anyway. since they miss so much why not at least have a chance to rebound the damn ball! we've NEVER had a legit PF, and just because i say put andris there you flip? andris would be hands down better than any we've had come through here in a long time. so what if he doesnt have a turn around fadaway, he doesnt need one. he knows how to get open and how to finish thats all that matters. it was just an idea since we are such a small team and are last in rebounding. just in case you wondered why every other game we get blown out. its called no interior defense and 2nd chance points.
"Losing is inevitably close to winning," Guber said. "They're inches apart. Drama. If you have drama, you've got a ticket to sell." "They're not real fans," Lacob said. "They don't have season tickets."
Next

Return to Trades