Warriors need Size...How about some Pau or AK47?

Discuss any moves or trades here, real, rumored, made up, you name it!

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Would you trade Jason Richardson?

Yes
29%
No
71%

Total votes : 14

Rookie
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 12:24 am
Well the Warriors have an array of Guard/Forwards now, and even more when the very talented (and sadly underappreciated) J-Rich gets back (for some reason everyone has seemed to forget how good he really is, and rumors are flying he's next to leave). Well if the Warriors were to move him I've got some players I'd like to see here in a trade;

1) Andrei Kirilenko for Jason Richardson packaged with either Zarko or Pietrus: their salaries are fairly close off the top of my head what with AK in the beginning of the a fairly large 80 million some odd contract. Then with Jrich around 70 mill and both Zarko and Pietrus earning around 8 each, the Warriors could afford to dump em. Now think of this line-up:

C Andris (interchangable with Al and AK), back up Foyle/Powell
PF Harrington (interchangable with AK) back up Powell/Foyle
SF Kirilenko (interchangable with Al, Jackson), back up Barnes, Azubuike)
SG Jackson, back up Monta/Barnes/Azubuike/Sarunas
PG Baron, back up Monta/Barnes/Azubuike/Sarunas

2. Pau Gasol he makes around the same amount as AK, so the package would be about the same.

Heres the lineup:

C Andris
PF Gasol
SF Harrington
SG Jackson
PG Baron

The matchups Nellie could do, would be deadly and with the Warriors style of play I think almost unfair to other teams. The Warriors would have 4 or 5 very athletic players in the lineup almost at all times.

Sadly though, I'd hate to see Jason go. Which is why those are pretty much the only two players I'd give him up for.

what do you think of my pipe dreams?

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 1:36 am
There is a thread about JRich for Gasol in the trades section if you wanna check that out...

As for AK id say no way. Hes been playing like crap all year (hasnt developed like he should have at this point) and plus he makes way too much money. I dont want another overpaid underproducing forward on the team after living through the dunleavy hell.

I dont think we can afford another player that makes that much money if we are gonna resign Monta and Biedrins. And if we do Id only want KG or Gasol. We need to start winning games so we can get one of those "your team is straight ballin so ill sign for the veteran minimum so we can win a title" type guys.

And if we had to trade for a Jazz forward id actually like Boozer at this point more than AK, and to think the Jazz were trying to move Booz this offseason.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 4:21 am
tradedunleavy wrote:As for AK id say no way. Hes been playing like crap all year (hasnt developed like he should have at this point) and plus he makes way too much money. I dont want another overpaid underproducing forward on the team after living through the dunleavy hell.

Yep, AK has been terrible this season.

Still, I don't think those players will be traded to western conference teams.

I think Gasol will be traded (his camp is trying real hard to get something done). He has said that he'd like to go to Miami (although the Heat don't have anything worthy for that trade) but right now Chicago seems like the most likely destination for him.

As for AK... I don't know what to think. I know Sloan loves him... but the Jazz owner (not exactly the more talkative owner of the league) has already said he may be available if he doesn't step up his game.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 52
PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 10:31 am
So, moderators... does this seem like "Trade Section" material or what?
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 10:39 am
#32 wrote:So, moderators... does this seem like "Trade Section" material or what?

Yep, I'm gonna move it there.

It's just that I'd like more people to go to the other sections of the board. Only a few of us do, and that's why at times I leave threads here that belong in other forums...

All Star
PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 10:50 am
That's too bad tradedunleavy!!! Looks like I was the only person in the offseason pushing for a Boozer/Murphy trade that the W's were considering in the end of last season!!!

But everybody here said that Boozer was injury prone!!! Whatever!!! I also pushed for a Zach Randolph trade look how he's playing for the Blazers!!!

Now everybody wants a piece of the pie now!!! Freakin unbelievably!!! Just like the W's dreams of going to the playoffs!!! None whatsoever!!! It looks like a race between Denver and the Clips!!! Not the W's!!!

All Star
Poster Credit: 5
PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 4:44 pm
AK---he has played poorly this year, but that is one player i think would really benefit from nellieball. the fact that he's a lock down defender is awesome also. i dont know though. i still want to see what this team will look like when j-rich comes back! he will give us that much more depth...
"Losing is inevitably close to winning," Guber said. "They're inches apart. Drama. If you have drama, you've got a ticket to sell." "They're not real fans," Lacob said. "They don't have season tickets."

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 4:47 pm
J-Rich wrote:That's too bad tradedunleavy!!! Looks like I was the only person in the offseason pushing for a Boozer/Murphy trade that the W's were considering in the end of last season!!!

But everybody here said that Boozer was injury prone!!! Whatever!!! I also pushed for a Zach Randolph trade look how he's playing for the Blazers!!!

Now everybody wants a piece of the pie now!!! Freakin unbelievably!!! Just like the W's dreams of going to the playoffs!!! None whatsoever!!! It looks like a race between Denver and the Clips!!! Not the W's!!!

I took an extended break from this message board for awhile, if i was here i woulda backed you on the Boozer trade for sure. Maybe not the Zach Randolf (too crazy and lazy) one, even though he is balling now.

Aint you the same guy who was spaming me with private messages back then? Either way looks like you were right on about this one. So you do you think we should move either SJax or JRich for a big?
All Star
PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 7:20 pm
J-Rich wrote:That's too bad tradedunleavy!!! Looks like I was the only person in the offseason pushing for a Boozer/Murphy trade that the W's were considering in the end of last season!!!

you're ignorance never ceases to amaze me. You, dareedle, and jsw should start your own board. EVERYBODY ON THE BOARD WANTED A BOOZER TRADE, even boozer's nemesis #32. It's just we all knew that Utah wouldn't go for that trade.
ImageImage

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 7:45 pm
tHe_pEsTiLeNcE wrote:

you're ignorance never ceases to amaze me. You, dareedle, and jsw should start your own board. EVERYBODY ON THE BOARD WANTED A BOOZER TRADE, even boozer's nemesis #32. It's just we all knew that Utah wouldn't go for that trade.

HA. If this is the same J-Rich as before this makes perfect sense.

And JRich if im mixing u up with someone else, my bad.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 52
PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 7:47 pm
You're not. It's still our favorite resident troll.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 4:40 am
#32 wrote:You're not. It's still our favorite resident troll.

Ha funny stuff, but he is my favorite, and at least hes a real warrior fan unlike that daerdle guy.

Just dont send me any private messages JRich and we can start off with a clean slate.

Rookie
PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 5:27 pm
i really dont like this trade because Ak47 sucks balls :-o and Pau is just plain gay i hate him :wink: and i would never watch another warriors game with him on the te3am and i like JR better :D
All Star
PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 7:28 pm
wateva wrote:i really dont like this trade because Ak47 sucks balls :-o and Pau is just plain gay i hate him :wink: and i would never watch another warriors game with him on the te3am and i like JR better :D

Great analysis.

Return to Trades