J-Rich for Gasol/KG (added KG after coach fired today)?

Discuss any moves or trades here, real, rumored, made up, you name it!

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 11:26 pm
#32 wrote:
But I seriously doubt Garnett will ever leave the Timberwolves. And if he does, it'll be in the twilight of his career.

You dont think he would asked for a trade if they dont become a contender soon, say in the next 1.5 years?
All Star
PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 11:34 pm
give more than a week for this lineup to work; we could be a fifty win team next year with this lineup. As monta and AB improve, we could become a perrenial playoff team. I could see Baron, Monta, and AB as the best threesome in the league in three years.

btw there's no way Memphis or Minesota would do those trades
ImageImage
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 11:36 pm
I wouldn't panic so quickly now. Every player on this Warriors squad are contributing well in this system. When the Warriors go on a 10-15 game losing steak or lose 15 of their last 18 games, then Mullin may need to pull the trigger.

What I'm trying to say is if someone needs to go, it'll be if the Warriors struggle more than ever.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
All Star
PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 11:54 pm
tHe_pEsTiLeNcE wrote:give more than a week for this lineup to work; we could be a fifty win team next year with this lineup. As monta and AB improve, we could become a perrenial playoff team. I could see Baron, Monta, and AB as the best threesome in the league in three years.

Listen to the man... we need to stay where we are for now (unless Jackson causes problems, which I don't think will happen, I kinda like him). And pest is right, I personally think he is one of the most realistic people on the board and rarely gives unwarranted praise.

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 1:29 am
John Patrick wrote:
tHe_pEsTiLeNcE wrote:give more than a week for this lineup to work; we could be a fifty win team next year with this lineup. As monta and AB improve, we could become a perrenial playoff team. I could see Baron, Monta, and AB as the best threesome in the league in three years.

Listen to the man... we need to stay where we are for now (unless Jackson causes problems, which I don't think will happen, I kinda like him). And pest is right, I personally think he is one of the most realistic people on the board and rarely gives unwarranted praise.

Have you guys been reading my post? Or do u just respond to whatever comments or questions that pop in your mind at the time???

My FIRST post in this thread says I dont wanna trade J-Rich or anyone for that matter, but does it make sense to when JRich comes back because we have tons of swingmen and not enough big guys. answer that first

Then i asked will we HAVE TO because of salary cap reasons to RESIGN monta and Biedrins????? Then IF we do have to trade someone who will/should it be??? then after that........

Lastly i was speculating on who is out there and who could fit with this team IF we have to trade someone to resign the young guys...

Make sense?

And 99.9% of what is discussed in this part of the message board never comes to fruition anyways, its just fun to SPECUALTE on what the warriors should and will do.

But seriously I want the Warriors to resign Biedrins and monta for the next 6-7 years and Im pretty sure we are gonna have to move someone this summer to make that happen....thats where this whole thread started if you were paying attention.

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 2:10 am
All this rukus caused me to go look it up.

Monta is a free agent after the 2007/2008 season.

So if the cap keeps bumping at around 4 million a year then 2008/2009 cap will be 73-75 million.

We will be at 55 million only having Baron, JRich, Foyle, Harrington, Jackson, Biedrins and OBryant on the books. So that leaves us with plenty of money to resign Monta.

Next year 2008/2009 only change is Baron comes off at 17 mil and Biedrins is a free agent, so we will resign Biedrins too.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 4:31 am
tradedunleavy wrote:All this rukus caused me to go look it up.

Monta is a free agent after the 2007/2008 season.

So if the cap keeps bumping at around 4 million a year then 2008/2009 cap will be 73-75 million.

We will be at 55 million only having Baron, JRich, Foyle, Harrington, Jackson, Biedrins and OBryant on the books. So that leaves us with plenty of money to resign Monta.

Next year 2008/2009 only change is Baron comes off at 17 mil and Biedrins is a free agent, so we will resign Biedrins too.

When did we pick the option on Monta's contract?. I was sure he was going to be a free agent this offseason... but seems like I was wrong.

WEEEEEEE!!!!

btw, Biedrins becomes a free agent the same year Monta does (2007-2008). What you've seen is the qualifying offer we'll have to make him to keep matching rights.

I also think we should keep this roster together for a while and see what happens, and Gasol (tho I love him) doesn't strike me as a good fit for Nellie.

In fact, the only move I'd do right now (as Powell seems like he could have a place in the roster, given how short on bigs we are) is adding Dwane Casey to the coaching staff. I've always liked him and he did a pretty decent job in Minny with the players he had. It's McHale's fault they're not going anywhere, not Casey's. That's one guy I'd like to see being groomed to replace Nellie when he ends his contract (much more than Keith Smart, at least).
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 28
PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 6:41 am
I'd be all for etting Garnett (ofcourse :mrgreen: ) but I realy want to see how this lineup goes. If the Clippers keep losing like they have been and do again next season, they could look for a revamp and Brand could be gettable. A long shot but something to think about that is a possibility for guys like Harrington and Pietrus. Better to stay put for now

migya make the ring fall on ya

All Star
PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 10:56 am
I would trade J/Rich or Monta to pickup Gasol or AK-47!!! Very few times do you get a chance to pickup a above average big men!!! I would roll the dice and rather have them compete right now than later on when Monta develops!!!

We still have alot of problems with rebounding and interior defense!!! This trade should help us out alittle bit!!!
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 1:14 pm
The Bulls have just offered Gordon, PJ Brown and this year's first rounder... seems like Gasol is closer than ever to Chicago. West is asking for Luol Deng, but I've got the feeling that he'll settle for this offer.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 28
PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 12:16 am
TMC wrote:The Bulls have just offered Gordon, PJ Brown and this year's first rounder... seems like Gasol is closer than ever to Chicago. West is asking for Luol Deng, but I've got the feeling that he'll settle for this offer.

The Grizz should push to get Deng! I'd rather him than Gordon but they could get both.

AK47 would be nice at PF, even though he hasn't been that great this season, and he would certainly give great interior defense! I reckon JRich for Kirilenko straight up would work but I'd rather keep JRich right now to be honest

migya make the ring fall on ya
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 1:37 am
migya wrote:AK47 would be nice at PF, even though he hasn't been that great this season, and he would certainly give great interior defense! I reckon JRich for Kirilenko straight up would work but I'd rather keep JRich right now to be honest

Yep. Me too. AK's game is a bit uncertain at the moment. For the money he makes, I'd rather stick with J-Rich for a while...

We have to give this team a chance to prove themselves. I think they're definitely playoff worthy. It's just that we have a few new players that still don't know the system combined with some injuries that are killing us. I'd like to add a cheap backup PF, but that's all.

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 4:18 am
We have to give Monta minutes, even when JRich comes back. Cause Monta is better than JRich has ever been. Dont get me wrong i still got love for JRich nothing personal, but our present and future is just brighter with monta at the SG.

Id prefer to trade SJax but we are going to have to move either SJax or JRich and like I said JRich has way more value. I dont see SJax or JRich both being happy with limited role.

Im saying it here first, we need to trade JRich or SJax before the start of next season to keep the team chemistry and morale high. I hope im wrong but i dont see either one being happy becoming a back-up SF.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 4:25 am
tradedunleavy wrote:We have to give Monta minutes, even when JRich comes back. Cause Monta is better than JRich has ever been. Dont get me wrong i still got love for JRich nothing personal, but our present and future is just brighter with monta at the SG.

Id prefer to trade SJax but we are going to have to move either SJax or JRich and like I said JRich has way more value. I dont see SJax or JRich both being happy with limited role.

Im saying it here first, we need to trade JRich or SJax before the start of next season to keep the team chemistry and morale high. I hope im wrong but i dont see either one being happy becoming a back-up SF.

I'm a bit worried about J-Rich's future. Nellie has said that he doesn't like playing J-Rich at SF... and that doesn't bode well for his future with Monta behind him. And all these rumors about him being traded the next offseason... I'd rather trade Jax, but maybe Mullin has been asking what he could get for J-Rich in a trade. That could be the origin of the rumors.

I'd hate to see him leave... but I'm open to any trade, if it makes us a better team. With that said, we better get a Paul Pierce or something like that if we trade J-Rich...

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 4:31 am
TMC wrote:I'd hate to see him leave... but I'm open to any trade, if it makes us a better team. With that said, we better get a Paul Pierce or something like that if we trade J-Rich...

I agree 100%, I dont want to see us trade JRich, id prefer SJax be traded in a heartbeat, but i just think we can get so much more for JRich than we could for SJax. We trade for Pierce with a package of JRich and fillers/draft picks.

PG-Baron
SG-Monta
SF-Pierce
PF-Harrington
C-Biedrins

WOW
PreviousNext

Return to Trades