J-Rich for Gasol/KG (added KG after coach fired today)?

Discuss any moves or trades here, real, rumored, made up, you name it!

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 4:55 am
You know, with the way Boston is playing, I wouldn't be surprised to see PP asking to be traded next season. Everybody is doing so lately...

And we would play with the advantage of being a Western team. It hurts us to trade for Gasol, KG and other players... but we can benefit from that in other cases.

Rookie
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 1:43 am
Yea I say we keep JRich now over Baron.

Monta given time can run the point, it might take a year, maybe two, but Nash wasnt Nash until 4 or 5 years into this thing.

I still think we need a Power Forward with key word being Power.

Harrington is just too small and doesnt have the right mindset to be a power forward. Hes much better suited for the SF position.

Keep Biedrins at C, no problems there.

Being honest i think we can only win starting these lineups.

Baron, Monta, JRich, New PF, Biedrins
Monta, JRich, Harrington, New PF, Big B
and thats all....

Only three must for me, Monta and Big B starting and Harrington not playing PF. The new PF doesnt have to be a big name just a guy who can rebound, defend and catch the pass and take it to the hoop hard ie Steven Hunter.
formerly known as tradedunleavy
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 28
PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 7:45 pm
montastic wrote:Yea I say we keep JRich now over Baron.

Monta given time can run the point, it might take a year, maybe two, but Nash wasnt Nash until 4 or 5 years into this thing.

I still think we need a Power Forward with key word being Power.

Harrington is just too small and doesnt have the right mindset to be a power forward. Hes much better suited for the SF position.

Keep Biedrins at C, no problems there.

Being honest i think we can only win starting these lineups.

Baron, Monta, JRich, New PF, Biedrins
Monta, JRich, Harrington, New PF, Big B
and thats all....

Only three must for me, Monta and Big B starting and Harrington not playing PF. The new PF doesnt have to be a big name just a guy who can rebound, defend and catch the pass and take it to the hoop hard ie Steven Hunter.

Unless the team can have a structured offense where there can be one guy that is not a scorer and it not be a liability, then the PF would have to be able to score decently. I don't like Harrington at PF, at all to be honest because he doesn't really add anything special and anything that is a need right now.

Maybe a package of SJackson, Harrington and either Pietrus or Barnes for Gasol, KG or, more probable, Okafor and Knight/Ely/Carroll would give the team a PF that plays defense and score well. Okafor is someone I like but he is not a great scoer, good enough, and his defense would benefit the team so much

migya make the ring fall on ya
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 8:41 pm
TMC wrote:You know, with the way Boston is playing, I wouldn't be surprised to see PP asking to be traded next season. Everybody is doing so lately...

And we would play with the advantage of being a Western team. It hurts us to trade for Gasol, KG and other players... but we can benefit from that in other cases.

I'd go for Pierce with Harrington, SJackson and someone else! The Celts are surprisingly doing awful and Ainge might want to unload some of that young talent! Al Jefferson is the one I want most as Gerald Green likely will not be traded. Some of those young guys could really be had if more experienced, yet nothing special, players like Harrington and SJackson are offered. Delonte would be a nice addition as well

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 4:34 am
migya wrote:I'd go for Pierce with Harrington, SJackson and someone else! The Celts are surprisingly doing awful and Ainge might want to unload some of that young talent! Al Jefferson is the one I want most as Gerald Green likely will not be traded. Some of those young guys could really be had if more experienced, yet nothing special, players like Harrington and SJackson are offered. Delonte would be a nice addition as well

I'd go for Pierce with anyone... as long as it's not too much. I mean, there's not a single player I'd keep out of a trade for him... but I wouldn't give them too much. I'd go for a Baron & Pietrus, for example, but not for a Baron & J-Rich package.

Al Jefferson ain't going anywhere, unless they trade for Gasol... or, at least, that's what Ainge is saying.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 6:01 pm
TMC wrote:
migya wrote:I'd go for Pierce with Harrington, SJackson and someone else! The Celts are surprisingly doing awful and Ainge might want to unload some of that young talent! Al Jefferson is the one I want most as Gerald Green likely will not be traded. Some of those young guys could really be had if more experienced, yet nothing special, players like Harrington and SJackson are offered. Delonte would be a nice addition as well

I'd go for Pierce with anyone... as long as it's not too much. I mean, there's not a single player I'd keep out of a trade for him... but I wouldn't give them too much. I'd go for a Baron & Pietrus, for example, but not for a Baron & J-Rich package.

Al Jefferson ain't going anywhere, unless they trade for Gasol... or, at least, that's what Ainge is saying.

I wouldn't give up JRich and I think that Ainge will be under all sorts of pressure to turn things around next season as the Celts have hit rock bottom when it was expected that they would be one of the biggest improvers and one of the brightest teams for the future. Pierce and Jefferson or Perkins can be had for a package like Harrington, SJackson, Pietrus or Barnes and a future 1st rounder. Mullin should definately have a crack at getting something good from the Celtics this offseason

Rookie
PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 3:13 am
migya wrote:
I'd go for Pierce with Harrington, SJackson and someone else!

I agree at this point with this team id rather have Al Jeff or Green.

I was gung ho for Pierce not too long ago but that was before we got AL and SJax. i just dont think trading for Pierce would make us that much better. Yea Pierce is better than JRich, Al and Sjax but he doesnt make us a better defensive team nor can he play the 4.

I really really dont wanna see AL playing the 4 anymore. So if we gonna trade id want to go get a legit PF.
formerly known as tradedunleavy

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 1:46 am
montastic wrote:
migya wrote:
I'd go for Pierce with Harrington, SJackson and someone else!

I agree at this point with this team id rather have Al Jeff or Green.

I was gung ho for Pierce not too long ago but that was before we got AL and SJax. i just dont think trading for Pierce would make us that much better. Yea Pierce is better than JRich, Al and Sjax but he doesnt make us a better defensive team nor can he play the 4.

I really really dont wanna see AL playing the 4 anymore. So if we gonna trade id want to go get a legit PF.

This dudes an idiot. Flammer bandwagon warrior fan. Get a life man. Oh yea you got sand in your snatch too!!!! HAHAHAHAHAHA
Previous

Return to Trades