J-Rich for Gasol/KG (added KG after coach fired today)?

Discuss any moves or trades here, real, rumored, made up, you name it!

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 7:54 pm
I dont neccesarily want Mullin to trade J-Rich hes been the heart of the Warriors for a few years now, and his game defintely needs work if hes gonna be an All-Star but hes been loyal and always plays with energy and pride....but

if we are going to trade one of our swingmen would trading J-Rich (he has the most trade value) make the most sense for us?

I checked it out and J-Rich for Gaosl works straight up or we can add either Pieturs or OBryant to the deal if JRich for Gasol is not good enough and our first rounder this year.

Gasol is exactly what we need at PF, and we can move Harrington to SF. this wont be an issue like it was in Indy because we gonna run so much AL will get his looks. Gasol wants to win a Championship so he shouldnt cry about his looks getting diminished.

Memphis gets J-Rich which will bring fans to the arena more so than Gasol and maybe Pietrus (we can fill his minutes with Monta and Azubuike off the bench).

PG-Baron, Roonie
SG-Jackson, Monta (probably time split)
SF-Harrington (Barnes)
PF-Gasol (Harrington/Barnes)
C-Biedrins (Gasol/Foyle)

what do Warrior fans think?
Last edited by ------------------------- on Tue Jan 23, 2007 5:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
All Star
PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 8:06 pm
No thanks. I think we need to focus on our perimeter (we already have one of the best ones, if not the best one, in the NBA).

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 9:05 pm
John Patrick wrote:No thanks. I think we need to focus on our perimeter (we already have one of the best ones, if not the best one, in the NBA).

We have one of the best PF's in the NBA???
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 10:25 pm
tradedunleavy wrote:
John Patrick wrote:No thanks. I think we need to focus on our perimeter (we already have one of the best ones, if not the best one, in the NBA).

We have one of the best PF's in the NBA???

I think he meant we have one of the best perimeter oriented teams. Jackson, Monta, Jrich, Harrington, Baron, Pietrus, ect.

But then the only reason why this trade won't work is because the Grizz are in love with Gordon and Deng and they are willing to go to the heights to get 'em.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 12:55 am
I really want to keep this backcourt for now. Gasol would be alright but Nelson wants the run and gun and goes with guard scoring more than anything else so Gasol wouldn't be a huge factor. Signing the young guys is #1 personnel thing now

migya make the ring fall on ya

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 1:59 am
migya wrote:I really want to keep this backcourt for now. Gasol would be alright but Nelson wants the run and gun and goes with guard scoring more than anything else so Gasol wouldn't be a huge factor. Signing the young guys is #1 personnel thing now

I agree signing Monta and Biedrins should be the #1 priority. So that means hold onto JRich. I know we have to move someone to clear space, and SJax sounds like hed be tought to move. So who else we gonna trade besides Foyle (close but not impossible)?
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 4:48 am
tradedunleavy wrote:what do Warrior fans think?

Even tho I like the idea (would rather see other players traded instead of J-Rich, but I'd be able to live with it), I don't think there's any chance the Grizz trade Gasol to a Western conference team.

From what I've read, Chicago, the Nets and Boston are the runners up (with Boston being a long shot).
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 52
PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 12:38 pm
The reason I'd say no to it is because Gasol absolutely wouldn't fit in Nelly's run'n'gun style. He's a halfcourt oriented player. Richardson isn't.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD

All Star
PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 5:01 pm
Gasol would take away from Al's postup game!!! And Gasol isn't a great defender!!! I'm backing off from my Gasol trade idea!!! Get someone else for J-Rich!!!

If J-Rich can't get back to his 20pts a/game scoring average trade him instead for more vets and to clear more cap room to sign another free agent!!! Plus he's a terrible FT shooter!!! Love his game but someone has got to go!!!
All Star
PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 5:10 pm
Gasol is a great player, but not in a Nelson system - I am not saying keep JRich, but he is a hugely valuable chip. Nelson would have to change the way he's run a team the past 30 years for Gasol to make sense here.

Gasol would be monstrous on the Avery Johnson Mavs or on the Lakers.
To Live is A Value Judgment - Albert Camus
3 reasons for living: Jazz, Hoops and women

President Barack Hussein Obama - America chose Hope over Fear
ImageImage

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 5:21 pm
coltraning wrote: Nelson would have to change the way he's run a team the past 30 years for Gasol to make sense here.

Gasol would be monstrous on the Avery Johnson Mavs or on the Lakers.

So we need to trade for a PF/C who can play defense/rebound AND run the break. Thats not a common combination, so whose available and fits this mold?

Varejo from Cleveland, Steven Hunter from Philly? I think we can either of these guys for Pietrus whe J-Rich gets back....but then another question

Do we have cap space to resign Monta and Biedrins if we keep Baron, Harrington, J-Rich, SJax and Foyle (i know no one wants him here but we MIGHT be stuck with him)???? Or do we have to move one of them?

If we do have to move one i would prefer moving SJax but i guess with his rep it will be harder and his value is down, do we finally have a package suitable for KG if we include J-Rich? Only reason i bring this up is because they just fired their coach.

JRich, Pietrus, OBryant and 2 first rounders?

Hmm.

PG-Baron (roonie)
SG-SJax (monta)
SF-Harrington (Barnes)
PF-KG (Barnes?)
C-Biedrins (Foyle)
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 5:41 pm
Never gonna happen. Minny's in love with KG and they already have their future backcourt (Ricky Davis and Randy Foye). Besides, they're woefully underpaid in this trade.

I'd be shocked (but overjoyed) if this happened.

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 7:43 pm
#32 wrote:Never gonna happen. Minny's in love with KG and they already have their future backcourt (Ricky Davis and Randy Foye). Besides, they're woefully underpaid in this trade.

I'd be shocked (but overjoyed) if this happened.

Yea from Minny's point of view they dont wanna trade KG, but if KG wants out they have to trade him. SO if they trade him who has the best package, Boston, Chicago ect...

Our package has to be JRich, Pietrus, Zarko and Obyant to fit salary cap wise. And i think two first rounds picks would work. Minny gets J-Rich to bring in fans and build around while saving a ton of money off the cap with Pietrus and Zarko coming off and J-Richs contract alot cheaper than KG's. They get Obryant to develop and multiple picks. and around 10-12 million in cap space after this season.

If boston gives up Al Jefferson, Gerald Green i think they get the deal done, but our team has a better chance to win AND i dont think Celts are too high on trading Al Jeff after his recent explosion
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 9:38 pm
If we trade for Kevin Garnett, we'd need to include Monta Ellis or Andris Biedrins. No question. Those two are who the entire league's after when it comes to the Warriors.

Richardson, Biedrins, Pietrus, and a first round pick for Garnett and fillers would be a more likely trade... and I wouldn't be totally opposed to it, either. In fact, if Mullin could swing that, I'm sure he'd go for it, too.

But I seriously doubt Garnett will ever leave the Timberwolves. And if he does, it'll be in the twilight of his career.
All Star
PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 10:22 pm
I wouldn't do that trade, the players we have compliment Nelson's lineup just fine.
Next

Return to Trades