More Trading?

Discuss any moves or trades here, real, rumored, made up, you name it!

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

All Star
Poster Credit: 8
PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 1:54 am
O.G. broe wrote:"Nellie and I speak every day about how to make the team better," Mullin said. "We see the game the same way. We believe in the same style of play. This is what we both feel good about, and we're going to move forward with it." :D
I believe Mullin will make another move for a Reb/Defending Big.....

With Webber now in Detroit, Antonio McDyess may be available.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 3:04 am
#32 wrote:If I'm Stephen Jackson, I'm just happy to be in California. If I were at a club in the heart if French Lick, Indiana... I'd probably pull a gun out, too. I can't imagine partying well in a place like Indy.

That's true. For a guy like Jackson, living in Indiana must be akin to living in hell (altough it could be worse. Imagine if he were traded to the Jazz...)

I really hope that going to Cali can help with his behavior... maybe, in this case, a change of scenery is what he needed.

I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt. He proved to be a very good player for the Spurs and Hawks (even, at times, for Indy)... so, even tho I don't like adding thugs to the roster, I'm willing to wait and see what happens.

Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 3:00 am
I agree we if we are going to go far in the playoffs were gonna need another PF/C.

I think Reggie Evans from Denver would perfect, plus we could probably move Pietrus for him straight up. Pietrus will not be a Warrior next season (and i really like him too, buts we got the SG/SF's spots covered for years)

I could Evans coming off the bench and giving us what we want from Foyle. Imagine a crunch time playoff lineup of

PG. Baron
SG. JRich
SF. Harrington
PF. Evans
C. Biedrins

Thats money right there if we need defense.

Offense move Harrington and Richardson down a spot and stick Monta at SG.

I dont like Nazr, he makes like 10 million a year and wouldnt get that much more PT than hes getting now in detroit. Plus he sucked all year long this year.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 3:23 am
tradedunleavy wrote:I agree we if we are going to go far in the playoffs were gonna need another PF/C.

I think Reggie Evans from Denver would perfect, plus we could probably move Pietrus for him straight up. Pietrus will not be a Warrior next season (and i really like him too, buts we got the SG/SF's spots covered for years)

I like Evans, but he re-signed this past offseason with Denver and is signed til the 2011 season (not for big bucks, tho. He barely goes over $5 million in the last year of his contract).

The numbers work with Jasikevicius or a package of Pietrus and POB (or Zarko, but I really doubt Denver would have any interest in him)... but I'm not sure if he's worth that much.

Also, he's a liability on offense, so he probably woudn't play much for Nellie.

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 3:29 am
TMC wrote:
Also, he's a liability on offense, so he probably woudn't play much for Nellie.

Right, but all we need from our backup PF/C is someone who can defend and rebound and catch the ball and lay it up. Our Big Men are gonna be getting alot of easy baskets like Biedrns has been getting all year (Biedrins gets the hard ones too). But we dont need Evans to create for himself, just hit the 4 foot jumper and catch and dunk the ball. Doesnt seem like it askng alot, until you see foyle out there.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 3:52 am
tradedunleavy wrote:we dont need Evans to create for himself, just hit the 4 foot jumper and catch and dunk the ball. Doesnt seem like it askng alot, until you see foyle out there.

Yeah, true... but as Foyle doesn't play, I wonder what Nellie would do with Evans.
All Star
PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 3:06 pm
#32 wrote:I don't have a problem with Stephen Jackson. Despite his numbers this year, he's a better shooter than Barnes or Pietrus (and outside shooters are always welcomed in Nelly's camp). Besides, I don't see any sort of logjam for a guy like Don Nelson. If a guy can play 2-3 different kinds of positions, he will. The following players can be multi-positional in Nelly's offense:

Kelenna Azubuike (SG, SF)
Matt Barnes (SF, PF... seen once this year at C)
Baron Davis (PG, SG)
Monta Ellis (SG, PG)
Al Harrington (PF, SF... occasionally C on a Nelly-team)
Stephen Jackson (SF, SG)
Sarunas Jasikevicius (PG, SG)
Mickael Pietrus (SG, SF... seen once this season at PF)
Jason Richardson (SG, SF)

The only players who are stuck with one position are the centers. Adonal Foyle and Patrick O'Bryant have never played anything but center... and Andris Biedrins only shifted to PF once this year (to play alongside Foyle for a brief amount of time).

This gives Nelson a huge amount of combinations to try. Stephen Jackson won't roadblock anyone at SF; Nelson will just continue to match players, like he has all season.

nicely broken down - it is an ideal style of team for Nelson, and gives him huge flexibility
To Live is A Value Judgment - Albert Camus
3 reasons for living: Jazz, Hoops and women

President Barack Hussein Obama - America chose Hope over Fear
ImageImage
All Star
PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 3:09 pm
TMC wrote:
#32 wrote:If I'm Stephen Jackson, I'm just happy to be in California. If I were at a club in the heart if French Lick, Indiana... I'd probably pull a gun out, too. I can't imagine partying well in a place like Indy.

That's true. For a guy like Jackson, living in Indiana must be akin to living in hell (altough it could be worse. Imagine if he were traded to the Jazz...)

I really hope that going to Cali can help with his behavior... maybe, in this case, a change of scenery is what he needed.

I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt. He proved to be a very good player for the Spurs and Hawks (even, at times, for Indy)... so, even tho I don't like adding thugs to the roster, I'm willing to wait and see what happens.

yeah, I agree. Also thug has a context I am not thrilled with. I can think of another "thug" "cancer" who only was the final piece in getting the Pistons a ring, rashweed...
<object><param></param><param></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/D9zzuqrMDLM" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>
To Live is A Value Judgment - Albert Camus
3 reasons for living: Jazz, Hoops and women

President Barack Hussein Obama - America chose Hope over Fear
ImageImage

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 4:58 pm
The real question is how much is MP worth. Jax's averaging about 7 1/4 mill over the next 3 years. I like the dude, but not over MP. I'd look to move Jax b4 the deadline, but he can't be packaged with anyone else so we may have wait awhile. ---***030***---

SJAX = REDRUM
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 3:35 am
zero3zero wrote:The real question is how much is MP worth. Jax's averaging about 7 1/4 mill over the next 3 years. I like the dude, but not over MP.

Let's wait a bit. Jackson has a much better offensive game than MP. The only concern about him is his behavior, but if he stays free of problems, I can't think of a single reason to trade him. He'd be a steal for that money...
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 3:39 am
coltraning wrote:yeah, I agree. Also thug has a context I am not thrilled with. I can think of another "thug" "cancer" who only was the final piece in getting the Pistons a ring, rashweed...

'Sheed is a great example. He's got a terrible rep, but part of it is due to his years in Po(r)tland. He's been free of problems (other than with the refs) since them.

I've always loved that kind of players. More often than not, they just need to find a place and a team that fits them.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 25
PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 8:44 am
I just want to see how things go with the current lineup for a month or so. It could be good enough for this season and then Mullin can evaluate it all at the end of the season

migya make the ring fall on ya
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 8:49 am
migya wrote:I just want to see how things go with the current lineup for a month or so. It could be good enough for this season and then Mullin can evaluate it all at the end of the season

Yeah, well, a month or so is all we have to make trades. That's when the dealine comes.

I also think we should stay put unless there's a really good option to add a PF.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 25
PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 5:33 am
TMC wrote:
migya wrote:I just want to see how things go with the current lineup for a month or so. It could be good enough for this season and then Mullin can evaluate it all at the end of the season

Yeah, well, a month or so is all we have to make trades. That's when the dealine comes.

I also think we should stay put unless there's a really good option to add a PF.

Mullin should keep his eyes and ears open for anything nice but this lineup could jel well and be successful

migya make the ring fall on ya
Previous

Return to Trades