More Trading?

Discuss any moves or trades here, real, rumored, made up, you name it!

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Role Player
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 4:30 pm
Do you guys think the Warriors will be involved in any more deals over the next few days? Seems like Both the Warriors and Indy can stand to work another deal with other teams now that both their rosters have changed a lot. For us, it seems like Stephen Jackson is pretty expendible at this point. He plays the 2/3, a position that we're now kind of logjammed at with Monta, Barnes, JRich and MP all able to play one or both of those positions. Swinging something for Maggette would be great, but it seems like Indy is more in line to do it now that they can ship Dunny over to LA. Thoughts?
Basketball hope in the City Of Dope?
All Star
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 5:06 pm
I don't think magette is the answer, he's a stephen jackson clone without the tude, we need a backup PF/C.

Jackson for Eddie Griffin and Justin reed would be the only real way to unload jackson and get a PF/C. They would help us financially while filling the PF and C spots. We, while getting worse talentwise, would have no holes in our lineup. The timberpuppies would improve too.
ImageImage

All Star
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 5:59 pm
Nazr Mohamoud is available and Mullin was interested in him before :dontknow:
The Broe Knows Dont Hate....

All Star
Poster Credit: 7
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 6:59 pm
O.G. broe wrote:Nazr Mohamoud is available and Mullin was interested in him before :dontknow:

How about Foyle for Mohammad? Do the cap numbers work out?
All Star
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 8:26 pm
No. Mouhammed has 5 more years left on his contract. No thanks.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 28
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 8:46 pm
John Patrick wrote:No. Mouhammed has 5 more years left on his contract. No thanks.

Rather have Mohammed though, even though he is not much better and would be coming off the bench

migya make the ring fall on ya
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 28
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 8:47 pm
tHe_pEsTiLeNcE wrote:I don't think magette is the answer, he's a stephen jackson clone without the tude, we need a backup PF/C.

Jackson for Eddie Griffin and Justin reed would be the only real way to unload jackson and get a PF/C. They would help us financially while filling the PF and C spots. We, while getting worse talentwise, would have no holes in our lineup. The timberpuppies would improve too.

Going for Griffin would be a great move because SJackson makes it three SFs on the team. Griffin could be real good but right now he gives some scoring and shotblocking so he is alright

migya make the ring fall on ya
Role Player
PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 3:20 am
Yeah, the Griffin thing would be real nice, but I'm kinda thinking that no one's gonna want to take Jax now. He was such a problem in Indy, it's like he had to be included in this huge trde to be moved at all. If we were goona get those two guys (Griffin and Powell) we'd probably have to givee up something like Barnes and Powell. But then again, who really wants Barnes? I t seems like we're kind of handcuffed now, as far as trading for a mediocre PF goes. I mean, Harrington and Jax aren't going anywhere, we probably want to keep Jasikevicious, Powell and Barnes won't get much in return, no one will take on Foyle, Baron, Jrich, Monta and Biedrins are off-limits unless it's something big, so that pretty much leaves MP as our trade bait (with the ability to throw in Barnes, Powell or POB), and i wouldn't want to trade him for Eddie Griffin. Any other PF's on the block who would be closer to an equal trade for MP?
Basketball hope in the City Of Dope?
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 4:55 am
baytobrooklyn wrote:Yeah, the Griffin thing would be real nice, but I'm kinda thinking that no one's gonna want to take Jax now. He was such a problem in Indy, it's like he had to be included in this huge trde to be moved at all.

Yep. I'm sure one of the motives Indy had for this trade was getting rid of Jackson. Guy was a cancer for them. Not for the way he played, but he managed to alienate the whole fanbase of the Pacers.

Pest is right about the PF hole, tho. We'll play Al and Barnes there, but we need something else. Maybe Pietrus may be used as a bait if the team doesn't plan to re-sign him... I wouldn't be surprised if they try to deal for Melvin Ely (not that I like him much, but he wants out of Charlotte and the W's were interested in him this past offseason)
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 53
PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 10:32 am
I don't have a problem with Stephen Jackson. Despite his numbers this year, he's a better shooter than Barnes or Pietrus (and outside shooters are always welcomed in Nelly's camp). Besides, I don't see any sort of logjam for a guy like Don Nelson. If a guy can play 2-3 different kinds of positions, he will. The following players can be multi-positional in Nelly's offense:

Kelenna Azubuike (SG, SF)
Matt Barnes (SF, PF... seen once this year at C)
Baron Davis (PG, SG)
Monta Ellis (SG, PG)
Al Harrington (PF, SF... occasionally C on a Nelly-team)
Stephen Jackson (SF, SG)
Sarunas Jasikevicius (PG, SG)
Mickael Pietrus (SG, SF... seen once this season at PF)
Jason Richardson (SG, SF)

The only players who are stuck with one position are the centers. Adonal Foyle and Patrick O'Bryant have never played anything but center... and Andris Biedrins only shifted to PF once this year (to play alongside Foyle for a brief amount of time).

This gives Nelson a huge amount of combinations to try. Stephen Jackson won't roadblock anyone at SF; Nelson will just continue to match players, like he has all season.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
All Star
PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 10:41 am
#32 wrote:I don't have a problem with Stephen Jackson. Despite his numbers this year, he's a better shooter than Barnes or Pietrus (and outside shooters are always welcomed in Nelly's camp). Besides, I don't see any sort of logjam for a guy like Don Nelson. If a guy can play 2-3 different kinds of positions, he will. The following players can be multi-positional in Nelly's offense:

Kelenna Azubuike (SG, SF)
Matt Barnes (SF, PF... seen once this year at C)
Baron Davis (PG, SG)
Monta Ellis (SG, PG)
Al Harrington (PF, SF... occasionally C on a Nelly-team)
Stephen Jackson (SF, SG)
Sarunas Jasikevicius (PG, SG)
Mickael Pietrus (SG, SF... seen once this season at PF)
Jason Richardson (SG, SF)

The only players who are stuck with one position are the centers. Adonal Foyle and Patrick O'Bryant have never played anything but center... and Andris Biedrins only shifted to PF once this year (to play alongside Foyle for a brief amount of time).

This gives Nelson a huge amount of combinations to try. Stephen Jackson won't roadblock anyone at SF; Nelson will just continue to match players, like he has all season.

I'm with you on this one, 32. Jackson is a loose cannon for sure, but some of it has to do with cultures. Jackson might feel more at home, more accepted in the free spirit vibe of the Bay as opposed to the straightlaced heartland of Indiana, whereas Murphy and Dunleavy are maybe more what the comfort zone is for Indiana. Jackson has always struck me as a pretty talented player (has hurt the Ws at least a couple of times), even if he is somewhat gangsta...hey, it's Oakland 8)
To Live is A Value Judgment - Albert Camus
3 reasons for living: Jazz, Hoops and women

President Barack Hussein Obama - America chose Hope over Fear
ImageImage
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 53
PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 11:37 am
If I'm Stephen Jackson, I'm just happy to be in California. If I were at a club in the heart if French Lick, Indiana... I'd probably pull a gun out, too. I can't imagine partying well in a place like Indy.

Of course, I'll bet Murph and Dunleavy will host some bad ass Pokemon tournaments in the Pacer locker room now. :wink: Talk about fun!!!
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD

All Star
Poster Credit: 5
PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 5:25 pm
yea i dont think getting rid of jackson is the answer. i think he can help us alot. he will do better in the open court game, and his defense is sorely needed on this team. im licking my chops at our perimeter d with jackson and pietrus.
"Losing is inevitably close to winning," Guber said. "They're inches apart. Drama. If you have drama, you've got a ticket to sell." "They're not real fans," Lacob said. "They don't have season tickets."
All Star
PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 10:57 pm
ive always like jackson.And lets face it,no ones startin **** with any warrior now that hs on our team lol(ok maybe artest)

All Star
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 1:38 am
"Nellie and I speak every day about how to make the team better," Mullin said. "We see the game the same way. We believe in the same style of play. This is what we both feel good about, and we're going to move forward with it." :D
I believe Mullin will make another move for a Reb/Defending Big.....
The Broe Knows Dont Hate....
Next

Return to Trades