How about These Trades?

Discuss any moves or trades here, real, rumored, made up, you name it!

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Rookie
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 5:30 pm
For fun here and these trades will never happen but what do you think?

1. Send Richardson and Diogu to Utah for Andrei Kirilenko. He's been injured and has struggled since coming back, but the Jazz are still winning thanks to Williams and Boozer. Their biggest need is a shooting guard and Jason could be their answer while inserting the rookie Ronnie Brewer at the SF spot. Diogu gives them a solid back up to Boozer while Williams and Richardson forms a great backcourt. Kirilenko would be a perfect fit for Nellie. He's athletic, quick, can defend, rebound, pass, handle the ball, and finish.

2. Send Murphy, Ellis, and Cabarkapa to Cleveland for Gooden and Snow. With Hughes and Lebron both having great PG skills and the ability to handle the ball, they don't have the need for a pure point guard. Ellis, Huhes, James, Murphy, and Z make a great line up. For the Warriors, they just need an athletic 4 that can rebound and block shots. Gooden is just that. He can get up and down the floor better than any power forward the Warriors have now. Snow is a veteran and can insure that Baron doesn't log in 42 minutes every game.

3. Send Dunleavy and O'Bryant to the Clippers for Maggette and a future 2nd round pick. Senior want his son and Maggette wants out. Its pretty simple. MD Sr. is looking on a long extension to his contract and may have some pull in getting what he wants.

Yes, its a complete overhaul for the better....line up:

PG Davis - Snow - Mcleod
SG Maggette - Azuibeke
SF Kirilenko - Pietrus
PF Gooden - Barnes
C Biedrins - Foyle
All Star
PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 6:25 pm
RUNTMC2007 wrote:For fun here and these trades will never happen but what do you think?

1. Send Richardson and Diogu to Utah for Andrei Kirilenko. He's been injured and has struggled since coming back, but the Jazz are still winning thanks to Williams and Boozer. Their biggest need is a shooting guard and Jason could be their answer while inserting the rookie Ronnie Brewer at the SF spot. Diogu gives them a solid back up to Boozer while Williams and Richardson forms a great backcourt. Kirilenko would be a perfect fit for Nellie. He's athletic, quick, can defend, rebound, pass, handle the ball, and finish.

Do I even need to say anything? EVEN ASSUMING Kirilenko is healthy, we're getting a LOT less in return. We already have Biedrins for rebounds and blocks, and Kirilenko is a shitty scorer, which is not good. And he's always injured! Pairing him up with Baron is not a good idea.

2. Send Murphy, Ellis, and Cabarkapa to Cleveland for Gooden and Snow. With Hughes and Lebron both having great PG skills and the ability to handle the ball, they don't have the need for a pure point guard. Ellis, Huhes, James, Murphy, and Z make a great line up. For the Warriors, they just need an athletic 4 that can rebound and block shots. Gooden is just that. He can get up and down the floor better than any power forward the Warriors have now. Snow is a veteran and can insure that Baron doesn't log in 42 minutes every game.

No way. Gooden is mad inconsistent, and giving up Ellis is too much. Forget about it.

3. Send Dunleavy and O'Bryant to the Clippers for Maggette and a future 2nd round pick. Senior want his son and Maggette wants out. Its pretty simple. MD Sr. is looking on a long extension to his contract and may have some pull in getting what he wants.

This trade is good but why would the Clippers wanna do this... The Clips are being ripped in this trade.

PG Davis - Snow - Mcleod
SG Maggette - Azuibeke
SF Kirilenko - Pietrus
PF Gooden - Barnes
C Biedrins - Foyle

No thanks. Trading away our young, promising players for washed up, injury prone, inconsistent ones is NEVER a good idea. We'd throw away our team.
All Star
PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 6:38 pm
# 3 I would do, #1 and #2 seem like they're written in the perspective of a fan of the other team and we're giving up a shitload
ImageImage

Role Player
PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 9:16 pm
no problem with #3, but whats with #2, we cant give up cabarkapa!!! .... and i guess ellis too
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 25
PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 9:30 pm
John Patrick wrote:
RUNTMC2007 wrote:For fun here and these trades will never happen but what do you think?

Do I even need to say anything? EVEN ASSUMING Kirilenko is healthy, we're getting a LOT less in return. We already have Biedrins for rebounds and blocks, and Kirilenko is a shitty scorer, which is not good. And he's always injured! Pairing him up with Baron is not a good idea.

No way. Gooden is mad inconsistent, and giving up Ellis is too much. Forget about it.

This trade is good but why would the Clippers wanna do this... The Clips are being ripped in this trade.

PG Davis - Snow - Mcleod
SG Maggette - Azuibeke
SF Kirilenko - Pietrus
PF Gooden - Barnes
C Biedrins - Foyle

No thanks. Trading away our young, promising players for washed up, injury prone, inconsistent ones is NEVER a good idea. We'd throw away our team.

Well said JPat! On the money

migya make the ring fall on ya
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 51
PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 10:07 pm
tHe_pEsTiLeNcE wrote:# 3 I would do, #1 and #2 seem like they're written in the perspective of a fan of the other team and we're giving up a shitload

Ditto.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 5:05 am
I'm with everybody else. The first two trades are terrible for us. The last one is terrible for the Clips.

Rookie
PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 11:18 am
Nellie has even said himself that this team is just an ordinary team at best. In some cases, like this, less is more. You all have to think about what this team will be like in 3-4 years and my guess is, almost exactly the same but Troy wil be making $11M and Dunleavy will be making nearly $10M. Jason will be making $13M and those three make up for more than half the cap. After all that, you know what? They still won't be a playoff team and will probably fire another coach. After numerous coaches, Mullin has to realize thats it wasn't Musselman's or Montgomery's fault. Its this roster, its chemistry, and lack of athleticism in a league dominated by great athletes (Bryant, Wade, McGrady, Garnett, and Arenas).

Everyone wants to trade Murphy and think the Warriors can just trade him straight up for a special player, but thats not going to happen. Every GM in the league sees what we see, so in order for Murphy (or Dunleavy) to be moved, Ellis or Biedrins will most likely have to be included. 7 footers like AB are much harder to come by than 6'3 combo guards. Just ask teams that got Mobley with that second round pick or the Kings who got Douby near the end of the first round. How about the Warriors picking Arenas in the 2nd round?

Yes, Kirilenko isn't your most prolific scorer, but he is one of the most rounded players in the league. He's gonna give you 15 ppg, 8 rpg, 4 rpg, to go with 3 blocks and a few steals a game. Not a lot of players in the league can boast such a line.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 11:26 am
RUNTMC2007 wrote:Everyone wants to trade Murphy and think the Warriors can just trade him straight up for a special player, but thats not going to happen. Every GM in the league sees what we see, so in order for Murphy (or Dunleavy) to be moved, Ellis or Biedrins will most likely have to be included. 7 footers like AB are much harder to come by than 6'3 combo guards. Just ask teams that got Mobley with that second round pick or the Kings who got Douby near the end of the first round. How about the Warriors picking Arenas in the 2nd round?

You know, I'd be happy just trading Dun or Murphy (or both, but that won't happen) for expirers. I wouldn't ask for anything else, not picks, not good players... just expirers. Maybe that could make the trick.

If not, I'd rather trade Monta than J-Rich. And still would be reluctant to move him unless we got something good in return. Trading Murph and Dun it's just not worthy if it involves taking a step back.

Rookie
PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 1:15 pm
TMC wrote:You know, I'd be happy just trading Dun or Murphy (or both, but that won't happen) for expirers. I wouldn't ask for anything else, not picks, not good players... just expirers. Maybe that could make the trick.

If not, I'd rather trade Monta than J-Rich. And still would be reluctant to move him unless we got something good in return. Trading Murph and Dun it's just not worthy if it involves taking a step back.

This team may need to take a step back before they can leap forward.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 5:57 pm
RUNTMC2007 wrote:Yes, Kirilenko isn't your most prolific scorer, but he is one of the most rounded players in the league. He's gonna give you 15 ppg, 8 rpg, 4 rpg, to go with 3 blocks and a few steals a game. Not a lot of players in the league can boast such a line.

AK is a great player and more expendable now than ever but he is still an integral part of the Jazz who are now successful and will likely not change anything unless it IMPROVES them. He is a player that is a real difference maker and would be great on the team but it would near impossible to get him with what we have

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 3:01 am
migya wrote:AK is a great player and more expendable now than ever but he is still an integral part of the Jazz who are now successful and will likely not change anything unless it IMPROVES them. He is a player that is a real difference maker and would be great on the team but it would near impossible to get him with what we have

AK is being a burden this season for the Jazz. I mean, a max contract for 9 points, 5 boards and 2 blocks?. He better goes out of that funk fast...
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 4:43 am
TMC wrote:
migya wrote:AK is a great player and more expendable now than ever but he is still an integral part of the Jazz who are now successful and will likely not change anything unless it IMPROVES them. He is a player that is a real difference maker and would be great on the team but it would near impossible to get him with what we have

AK is being a burden this season for the Jazz. I mean, a max contract for 9 points, 5 boards and 2 blocks?. He better goes out of that funk fast...

He doesn't get much of the ball (at least in the two games I've seen) and he is used mainly for defense. The Jazz really don't need more out of him than what they are getting because they are set in what they are doing it is working very well

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 5:10 am
migya wrote:
The Jazz really don't need more out of him than what they are getting because they are set in what they are doing it is working very well

Yeah, and that why I see his contract becoming a concern if he doesn't get back to the same level of play he had before.

You don't pay a player a max contract to be a role player (well, maybe the Knicks, but certainly not the Jazz).
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 5:13 am
TMC wrote:
migya wrote:
The Jazz really don't need more out of him than what they are getting because they are set in what they are doing it is working very well

Yeah, and that why I see his contract becoming a concern if he doesn't get back to the same level of play he had before.

You don't pay a player a max contract to be a role player (well, maybe the Knicks, but certainly not the Jazz).

If they continue to win it will be alright. They need AK for the defense because he is the best they have and not many in the nba are like him. Maybe when Deron's up for resigning his contract may become a problem but I doubt it

Return to Trades