Another Chicago Trade

Discuss any moves or trades here, real, rumored, made up, you name it!

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes


Rookie
Posts: 19
Joined: Tue Jul 25, 2006 3:38 pm
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 2:14 pm
If in fact, Paxon is still interested in Murphy then the Warriors should be able to accomodate them. The Bulls lack a PF to go with their solid backcourt, Deng, and Wallace. Tyrus Thomas is more of a SF. Having a guy like Murphy can definitely help their team but they may need some young players to entice them.

Send Murphy, O'Bryant, and Ellis to Chicago for PJ Brown, Duhon, and a 2007 1st round pick. This gives the Warriors that expiring contract they desparately need and a great back up pg for Baron in Duhon which they have been lacking as well. The 1st round pick would be compensation for Ellis and insures Pietrus can be re-signed. This would give them two first round pick which could be a lottery pick from NY (owed for Curry).
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 18461
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:48 am
Location: Somewhere in this site...
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 3:08 pm
First, Chicago doesn't have NY's pick. They have the rights to change position with NY in the draft (that is, if NY chooses before the Bulls, as will happen, the Bulls pick in the spot NY has and the Knicks will do it in Chicago's).

And second, why would they trade for Monta having basically the same player in Ben Gordon?

I found more logical a Murphy for PJ Brown swap. I don't think he's a good fit for Chicago, but hey... it's worth a try.
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 21380
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2005 7:50 am
Location: Perth
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 5:44 pm
TMC wrote:First, Chicago doesn't have NY's pick. They have the rights to change position with NY in the draft (that is, if NY chooses before the Bulls, as will happen, the Bulls pick in the spot NY has and the Knicks will do it in Chicago's).

And second, why would they trade for Monta having basically the same player in Ben Gordon?

I found more logical a Murphy for PJ Brown swap. I don't think he's a good fit for Chicago, but hey... it's worth a try.



Yea, that and the Bulls are looking real good after a bas start this season and could realy be a top3 team in the East at the end of the season. There is no need to change anything and Murphy is definately something they should not want and don't need
Image



Image


migya make the ring fall on ya
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 18461
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:48 am
Location: Somewhere in this site...
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 4:23 am
migya wrote:Yea, that and the Bulls are looking real good after a bas start this season and could realy be a top3 team in the East at the end of the season. There is no need to change anything and Murphy is definately something they should not want and don't need


Unless Miami gets healthy soon (they might even miss the playoffs if not), the Bulls are my pick for winning the east. Not that there's much to choose from, tho. Even Toronto could be a playoff team in that lousy conference.
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 21380
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2005 7:50 am
Location: Perth
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 4:32 am
TMC wrote:
migya wrote:Yea, that and the Bulls are looking real good after a bas start this season and could realy be a top3 team in the East at the end of the season. There is no need to change anything and Murphy is definately something they should not want and don't need


Unless Miami gets healthy soon (they might even miss the playoffs if not), the Bulls are my pick for winning the east. Not that there's much to choose from, tho. Even Toronto could be a playoff team in that lousy conference.



That's going too far. The Bulls are looking good but they are not as good as the Pistons and Cavs. I'd say the Magic and Bulls are pretty even. It will be interesting who the Bulls are able to keep when their contracts are up
Image



Image


migya make the ring fall on ya
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 18461
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:48 am
Location: Somewhere in this site...
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 4:49 am
migya wrote:That's going too far. The Bulls are looking good but they are not as good as the Pistons and Cavs. I'd say the Magic and Bulls are pretty even. It will be interesting who the Bulls are able to keep when their contracts are up


Well, the Bulls are the best defensive team of the conference, and they have players at every position that can deliver when needed, including one of the clutchest players of the league in Ben Gordon. They have a chance as good as anybody.

The Cavs just have Lebron. Even MJ in his prime needed Pippen. Lebron enough won't be enough to win the conference. Won't go past the second round.

The Magic are too young and lack a go-to guy. They have lots of role players and Dwight Howard, so they're in the right track, but it's too early. First round exit, in case they make the playoffs. I'm not sure of that, tho.

The Pistons have a choker coaching, their defense is worse than it was an, even tho still a good team, don't look like a contender right now. Conference finals if they're lucky with the matchups. Second round if not.

Three teams to notice in the rest of the conference:

Washington.- Arenas is the second best player of the conference (behind Lebron), so they have a chance... to make it to the second round or even conference finals. But they do not have any defense, so they'll fail.

Milwaukee.- Good young team that has an inept coaching them. I like the roster, but I wouldn't be surprised if they can't even make the playoffs.

New Jersey.- Krstic injury is going to prove costly in the end. Unless they make a trade, they're first or second round fodder.

The rest of the conference is crap, even tho some teams are showing signs for the future.
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 21380
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2005 7:50 am
Location: Perth
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 7:49 am
Well I see the bulls as a little young but BWallace certainly gives some experience. Larry Hughes, Gooden and Zydrunas give Lebron a great core around him. The rest of the East teams are pretenders except for the Pistons who I see as going to the finals pretty easily if they are fully healthy
Image



Image


migya make the ring fall on ya
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 13531
Joined: Mon Sep 19, 2005 10:03 pm
Location: Golden State
Poster Credit: 52
PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 11:58 pm
TMC wrote:And second, why would they trade for Monta having basically the same (if not better) player in Ben Gordon?

This was the first thing that came to my mind.

By the way, I fixed the quote for you, TMC. :wink:
Image
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Image
Image
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 18461
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:48 am
Location: Somewhere in this site...
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 3:31 am
#32 wrote:
TMC wrote:And second, why would they trade for Monta having basically the same (if not better) player in Ben Gordon?

This was the first thing that came to my mind.

By the way, I fixed the quote for you, TMC. :wink:


Well, yeah, thanks for clarify it. :thumbup:

That much is pretty clear, in fact. Would anyone trade Ben Gordon straight up for Monta?. No (or I don't think so). That's enough to prove the point.
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 21380
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2005 7:50 am
Location: Perth
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 5:26 am
TMC wrote:
#32 wrote:
TMC wrote:And second, why would they trade for Monta having basically the same (if not better) player in Ben Gordon?

This was the first thing that came to my mind.

By the way, I fixed the quote for you, TMC. :wink:


Well, yeah, thanks for clarify it. :thumbup:

That much is pretty clear, in fact. Would anyone trade Ben Gordon straight up for Monta?. No (or I don't think so). That's enough to prove the point.


I'd rather have Monta. I don't like Gordon and he looks every bit a ball hog
Image



Image


migya make the ring fall on ya
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 18461
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:48 am
Location: Somewhere in this site...
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 5:33 am
migya wrote:I'd rather have Monta. I don't like Gordon and he looks every bit a ball hog


Then you're wrong. :thumbup:

Don't worry, nobody is perfect. Go bang a b*tch til you're happy again. :mrgreen:
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 13531
Joined: Mon Sep 19, 2005 10:03 pm
Location: Golden State
Poster Credit: 52
PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 4:04 pm
migya wrote:
TMC wrote:
#32 wrote:
TMC wrote:And second, why would they trade for Monta having basically the same (if not better) player in Ben Gordon?

This was the first thing that came to my mind.

By the way, I fixed the quote for you, TMC. :wink:


Well, yeah, thanks for clarify it. :thumbup:

That much is pretty clear, in fact. Would anyone trade Ben Gordon straight up for Monta?. No (or I don't think so). That's enough to prove the point.


I'd rather have Monta. I don't like Gordon and he looks every bit a ball hog

What, exactly, do you see Monta as?

The kid barely squeeks out an assist or two a night, but throws away 4 turnovers while he's at it. Plus 18 points. That sounds like ballhog, to me.
Image
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Image
Image

Starting Lineup
Posts: 985
Joined: Thu Feb 16, 2006 4:53 pm
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 5:59 pm
Horrible trade idea...TM for PJ is cool. Throw in Zarko for a 2nd rounder or something. We need to get rid of him, period.---***030***---
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 21380
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2005 7:50 am
Location: Perth
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 12:11 am
#32 wrote:
migya wrote:
TMC wrote:
#32 wrote:
TMC wrote:And second, why would they trade for Monta having basically the same (if not better) player in Ben Gordon?

This was the first thing that came to my mind.

By the way, I fixed the quote for you, TMC. :wink:


Well, yeah, thanks for clarify it. :thumbup:

That much is pretty clear, in fact. Would anyone trade Ben Gordon straight up for Monta?. No (or I don't think so). That's enough to prove the point.


I'd rather have Monta. I don't like Gordon and he looks every bit a ball hog

What, exactly, do you see Monta as?

The kid barely squeeks out an assist or two a night, but throws away 4 turnovers while he's at it. Plus 18 points. That sounds like ballhog, to me.



True that Monta is shooting more but Gordon has only shot a heap ever since his rookie season. Gordon can have great games or awful ones, either way he takes 20 shots often
Image



Image


migya make the ring fall on ya
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 13531
Joined: Mon Sep 19, 2005 10:03 pm
Location: Golden State
Poster Credit: 52
PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 12:17 am
Ehhh... I dunno if I can agree with that. Gordon averages 14.0 shot attempts in 28 MPG, on his career. This season, Monta's taking 13.7 in 33 MPG.

Gordon's higher, but the difference isn't drastic enough to put them in different categories. Plus, you need to take into account that Monta throws away 3.6 turnovers a night (while Gordon throws away 2.4).
Image
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Image
Image
Next

Return to Trades

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron