Diogu again

Discuss any moves or trades here, real, rumored, made up, you name it!

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 28
PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 1:18 am
I believe the only reason why Biedrins is playing this well is simply because he got the chance! He would have done this last season if given the adequate opportunity. The fouls were still up early in the season but he fixed that with the continued opportunity

migya make the ring fall on ya
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 53
PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 1:39 am
:-s

Biedrins' fouls per game average in the first month was 3.9 per game.
Biedrins' fouls per game average on the season is 3.8 per game.

I don't believe the hacking was solved early in the season; it was solved before the season began. If Biedrins was still fouling people like he did last season, he'd still be on the bench. In double the playing time, he's only averaging 1 more foul per night. That's a huge improvement.

Ike Diogu can make the same sort of improvement if he could just develop.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 3:41 am
migya wrote:I believe the only reason why Biedrins is playing this well is simply because he got the chance! He would have done this last season if given the adequate opportunity. The fouls were still up early in the season but he fixed that with the continued opportunity

I'm with migya here. Biedrins only issue last year was the constant fouling... but he would have been able to solve that with minutes. I mean, he'd realize that he played always like that, he'd foul out in 10 minutes. That happened this year, but would have happened much faster with minutes during last season.

About Ike, I don't think he's ready to start... but having him at the end of the bench makes no sense. That's hindering his development.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 28
PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 4:24 am
TMC wrote:
migya wrote:I believe the only reason why Biedrins is playing this well is simply because he got the chance! He would have done this last season if given the adequate opportunity. The fouls were still up early in the season but he fixed that with the continued opportunity

I'm with migya here. Biedrins only issue last year was the constant fouling... but he would have been able to solve that with minutes. I mean, he'd realize that he played always like that, he'd foul out in 10 minutes. That happened this year, but would have happened much faster with minutes during last season.

About Ike, I don't think he's ready to start... but having him at the end of the bench makes no sense. That's hindering his development.

Playing more solves alot of problems for players as it forces them to get better or go to the bench. There just is no reason for Diogu to be playing the short minutes he is playing and with the recent losses, it is Nelson who is looking like the fool

migya make the ring fall on ya
Previous

Return to Trades