A second chance for Artest

Discuss any moves or trades here, real, rumored, made up, you name it!

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 7:58 pm
Artest looks like he's on the move again. I was looking forward to him coming last year, but that didn't work out. So now we have another chance to get him.

I would love to get Artest. This move actually would make sense for us. Rather than AI, we need Artest. He's a major upgrade from Murphy.

I tried a simple Murphy for Artest trade and that worked out. But Sac may not do that because of Murph's injury woes. But I think If we have the chance to get him, we should.

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/t ... teams=23~9

Baron
J-Rich
Pietrus/Monta
Artest
Biedrins

That looks like a playoff lineup to me.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 8:46 pm
I don't want Artest and I don't think the Kings would take Murphy, they might if Pietrus and even a 1st rounder go with him.

Artest looks like he is a nuisance and I don't know what reason he has for wanting out of the Kings. He is just too much of a headcase and would risk destroying the team if he was here!

migya make the ring fall on ya
Role Player
PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 9:32 pm
migya wrote:.

Artest looks like he is a nuisance and I don't know what reason he has for wanting out of the Kings. He is just too much of a headcase and would risk destroying the team if he was here!

I heard on ESPN said that he want to be a King,Anyway the queens will never make this trade
This is the year
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 10:43 pm
He seems frustrated with the way things are going in Sacramento. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I do remember reading a column on Artest sounding his frustration with the Kings losing.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.

Role Player
PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 2:29 am
Dont want him, doesnt fit the system. Shoots a horrible percentage (Like 38%) and 25% from three but hes still shot 75 this year.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 3:29 am
migya wrote:I don't want Artest and I don't think the Kings would take Murphy, they might if Pietrus and even a 1st rounder go with him.

Pietrus and a first would do for sure... but it's not worth it (much less with the upcoming draft). It will certainly work for one year, but he's bound to become a problem later.

He'll probably land in LA for Maggette.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 8:14 am
I reckon Artest really wants to go to a contender. He seems to be doing the gold digger thing and wanting just for himself and that's it. I reckon he might just leave the nba in a few years because he gets bored and/or pissed of too much

All Star
PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 12:18 pm
migya wrote:I don't want Artest and I don't think the Kings would take Murphy, they might if Pietrus and even a 1st rounder go with him.

Agreed. Doesn't it say something about the guy is the Kings are looking to move him yet AGAIN?

C'mon, at this points it's like thinking "TO's not going to be a distraction on our football team. We have Parcells and he won't put up with it."

Tigers don't change their stripes.

Although I am down to be involved in the Artest deal if it is a three teams deal that nets the W's Rashard Lewis.

Does this work?

Sonics get Artest and Murph
Kings get Dunny and Fortson (expiring)
Warriors get Rashard Lewis
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 12:29 pm
Thunder wrote:Does this work?

Not even close. The Kings would lose Artest (who earns $7 million) and recieve Dun (I'm not sure about his salary in trades, as he's a BYC player and I haven't calculated how much he's valued in trades, but can't be less than $ 4.5 million) and Fortson (who is over $6 million). Doesn't work on that side, so I haven't even checked the others. Nice idea, tho.
All Star
PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 2:25 pm
TMC wrote:
Thunder wrote:Does this work?

Not even close. The Kings would lose Artest (who earns $7 million) and recieve Dun (I'm not sure about his salary in trades, as he's a BYC player and I haven't calculated how much he's valued in trades, but can't be less than $ 4.5 million) and Fortson (who is over $6 million). Doesn't work on that side, so I haven't even checked the others. Nice idea, tho.

Ahhh. For whatever reason I thought Artest was closer to the 10 million range.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 2:25 pm
Thunder wrote:Ahhh. For whatever reason I thought Artest was closer to the 10 million range.

That nobody thought he deserved that much really says something about him...
All Star
PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 4:12 pm
NO. If Artest doesn't wanna be on the Kings 'cause he's frustrated with the way things are going, do you actually have the notion that he will be happy on the Warriors?
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 7:37 pm
Thunder wrote:Although I am down to be involved in the Artest deal if it is a three teams deal that nets the W's Rashard Lewis.

Trying to swing a three team trade that gets Lewis could be nice. There are many options that Mullin can try but he has to find one fairly fast because it looks like Murphy wil very hard to trade after this season if he continues producing the way he has

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 2:36 am
migya wrote:
Trying to swing a three team trade that gets Lewis could be nice. There are many options that Mullin can try but he has to find one fairly fast because it looks like Murphy wil very hard to trade after this season if he continues producing the way he has

Getting Lewis (although I'd love that move) would be just for the remaining of the season. We have several players to re-sign, and not enough money for everybody (as Lewis will require a new contract starting at $11 million, at least).
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 3:19 am
TMC wrote:
migya wrote:

Getting Lewis (although I'd love that move) would be just for the remaining of the season. We have several players to re-sign, and not enough money for everybody (as Lewis will require a new contract starting at $11 million, at least).

It's like getting rid of Murphy and maybe Pietrus for an expirer which then opens up the possibility of signing Monta, Biedrins and Barnes (if he's worth it). Sounds great! If Lewis wants to stay, try to sign him for Murphy kind of salary and it should be a gain anyway. Pietrus can walk and then Mullin can work on getting rid of dun and/or Foyle to setup signing the other young guys

Next

Return to Trades