tell ya who id prefer...

Discuss any moves or trades here, real, rumored, made up, you name it!

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 1:55 pm
ok the iverson thing was a nice thought......Pass. Gasol is sayin he'd rather play for a contender.With Gasol,is that what we could be?

maybe a lil fair fetched,but what would u guys give up to get Pau?

Poster Credit: 21
PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 2:18 pm
Quazza wrote:ok the iverson thing was a nice thought......Pass. Gasol is sayin he'd rather play for a contender.With Gasol,is that what we could be?

the only guys THEY might consider would be giving up davis and j-rich and in return recieving pao, multiple year contract staudimire, and expiring eddie jones...

NOW im definatly down getting rid of one of our guards, NOT both and murphy and recieving an expiring eddie jones contract. Money matches up, but unless we offer some youth, it wont happen.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 3:21 pm
Quazza wrote:ok the iverson thing was a nice thought......Pass. Gasol is sayin he'd rather play for a contender.With Gasol,is that what we could be?

He has named in the spanish media the few teams he would accept a trade to (Lakers, Suns, Bulls, Heat...), all contenders. I don't think he considers the Warriors as contenders.

Also, the new owners of the Grizz want to reduce the payroll (or so the rumors say) which would rule out a trade, as we don't have expirers to offer.

Add to that that, first, they'll try to trade him to the east coast...

I think it would be a lot harder to trade for Pau than for AI (although I'd love to see Gasol in a Warriors jersey). It would probably take J-Rich and Biedrins or something crazy like that. I'd pass at that prize.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 6:07 pm
ajcardenas123 wrote:

the only guys THEY might consider would be giving up davis and j-rich and in return recieving pao, multiple year contract staudimire, and expiring eddie jones...

NOW im definatly down getting rid of one of our guards, NOT both and murphy and recieving an expiring eddie jones contract. Money matches up, but unless we offer some youth, it wont happen.

Getting Eddie's expiring contract would be great but the Grizz would want Diogu, one of the guards (Monta including) and one other young guy, probably Pietrus. Just too much to give up for a guy, who though effective, isn't a superstar and might never be. Gasol is allstar type but he has never been anything huge and wouldn't be in the Warriors. I'd prefer to target the Celt's Jefferson and/or Perkins because it would be cheaper, easier and might end up as good if not better

migya make the ring fall on ya
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 2:50 am
migya wrote:I'd prefer to target the Celt's Jefferson and/or Perkins because it would be cheaper, easier and might end up as good if not better

You're crazy, miggy. Jefferson has a chance to be a good player (although I don't think he'll ever be an all star), and Perkins is a decent role player. That's all.

If we could have Gasol for Diogu, Monta and Pietrus, I'd say go for it. A lineup of Baron, J-Rich, Barnes (or whomever plays SF), Gasol and Biedrins is not only playoffs, but a sure second rounder... and maybe more.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 7:07 am
TMC wrote:
migya wrote:I'd prefer to target the Celt's Jefferson and/or Perkins because it would be cheaper, easier and might end up as good if not better

You're crazy, miggy. Jefferson has a chance to be a good player (although I don't think he'll ever be an all star), and Perkins is a decent role player. That's all.

If we could have Gasol for Diogu, Monta and Pietrus, I'd say go for it. A lineup of Baron, J-Rich, Barnes (or whomever plays SF), Gasol and Biedrins is not only playoffs, but a sure second rounder... and maybe more.

That's coming from your Spanish heart my friend! :)

Gasol has gotten better every season but he is not at the level of Duncan, Brand, KG, Bosh ie. Superstar level. Gasol would not get the numbers he gets in the Grizz in the Warriors because he would not see the ball as much.

As for Jefferson and Perkins - Jefferson is finally showing lately how good he can be but Perkins has yet to be as effective as he can be. Both will be great in the right situation and with the chance. I'd rather have Diogu over Gasol, Jefferson and Perkins anyway because he has a better inside game than them all, yes, including Gasol who is nifty but not much more.

Just too much to give up for Gasol

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 7:18 am
migya wrote:That's coming from your Spanish heart my friend! :)

::lol:

That could be... although I've been called a Gasol-hater for saying that he had parts of his game to improve. The media here is extremely lenient with our players in the NBA. If you don't follow the league, all you read is that ALL of our players deserve to go to the all star... and if you don't think so, you're a hater. Don't you love hype? :wink:

migya wrote:Gasol has gotten better every season but he is not at the level of Duncan, Brand, KG, Bosh ie. Superstar level. Gasol would not get the numbers he gets in the Grizz in the Warriors because he would not see the ball as much.

Well, I never said he was at KG's or Duncan's level... but I don't think there's so much difference with Brand or Bosh. At least he's been able to lead Memphis to the playoffs... something those other players have struggled to do (Brand had to wait til last season to have any kind of succes in any team he's been with and Bosh... well, take a look at Toronto's record this last few years and you'll see what Bosh has done for his franchise success).
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 11:22 am
Gasol has been surrounded by some decent talent in his years at the Grizz. Mike Miller, Battier, Posey and Eddie Jones are among the good players that Gasol has had. That is why the Grizz went to the playoffs. Put Gasol on a team like the current Raptors and they fair no better than what they do with Bosh

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 1:09 pm
i got two trades from the trade machine. one is pau and stoudemire for murph, pietrus, and foyle.

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/t ... ~29~29~9~9

the other one is the BEST one. we get warrick, gasol, and damon for murph, pietrus and foyle.

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/t ... 9~29~9~9~9

pau for replacing murphy would definetley help out the team. pau is an all star, murphy is a dissapointment.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 3:15 am
d1mex wrote:i got two trades from the trade machine. one is pau and stoudemire for murph, pietrus, and foyle.

the other one is the BEST one. we get warrick, gasol, and damon for murph, pietrus and foyle.

pau for replacing murphy would definetley help out the team. pau is an all star, murphy is a dissapointment.

All great... for us. But Memphis will want to cut payroll after the owner change (or so the rumors say) so they'll want young, cheap guys and expirers. Maybe picks too...

Poster Credit: 21
PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 12:40 pm
d1mex wrote:i got two trades from the trade machine. one is pau and stoudemire for murph, pietrus, and foyle.

if only it was that easy!

Rookie
PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 5:06 pm
http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/t ... ams=30~9~9

lol, highly unlikely trade, but when it said accepted, it gave me a good laugh
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 7:39 pm
Funny but not going to happen

Return to Trades