Trade for Ike

Discuss any moves or trades here, real, rumored, made up, you name it!

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 11:45 pm
Hey there BayAreaWarrior, #32 and OG bro read my comment under Trade Diogu for Howard...

Try to disprove my opinions about Diogu's game...Please try your best and use some facts to backup your comments!!! And please don't make a fool out of yourself in doing so!!!

I bet all three of your probably just reached puberty and you guys really don't know how Nellie plays his players!!! Have any of you personally watched the W's since 1987? Or while Nellie coached his previous teams???
Last edited by J-Rich on Wed Oct 25, 2006 11:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 11:48 pm
The only reason I proposed some two weeks ago that Diogu should be traded is not because he is a bad player, dumb player or anything negative relating to him!!!!!!!!

The only reason is because Nelson has made it clear that Diogu is not going to play much time! This does not look like it is going to change UNLESS dun or Murphy really screw up and perform bad! Even then, Biedrins might even be favourd ahead of Diogu and he still might not get much time!

Keeping him would be great because he'd be here and could be called upon any time but he would likely not resign after his contract expires and who could blame him!

Diogu is a potentially great player (more so than many of the potentially great players in the Warriors) but him being very underused is just not right and that is what is happening

migya make the ring fall on ya

All Star
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 12:13 am
Ike Diogu, Nelson cited as "the reason we won" on Friday against the Los Angeles Clippers.
The Broe Knows Dont Hate....

All Star
PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 1:36 am
Nelson is challenging, pushing and teaching each and every player on the TEAM and it is up to the player to respond, Ike has struggled this camp with the plays and execution and has picked up quick fouls ( I have seen some Wack Tiki Tak call's though) but that is expected for a 2nd year player like Ike :!:

But in two preseason games I have also seen Ike run the break, fill the lane, finish with authority in traffic 5x, Hit the J, beat a double team in the low block with 1 player flying in the air off the up fake and Magloire fouling him for a powerful and1 hook shot, Also he played good 'D' in the Portland game and kept Hamilton off the boards after he was killing Bedrins and Foyle early in the game, when Ike checked into the game the Warriors were down 18 pts, he got Magloire in foul trouble (who ended up fouling out) and Ike scored 9 pts with the Warriors taking the lead before Ike checked out :D Were you at the game J rich :?: How about you migya :?:

Box scores and Premature System Stereotyping isn't always a accurate barometer :!:
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 4:01 am
For all future "trade Ike" ideas that may be posted in this board:

WE BETTER GET THE F*CKING PAUL PIERCE FOR HIM.

Trade him for potential is just a poor idea. We already have potential in Ike.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 52
PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 8:00 am
O.G. broe wrote:Box scores and Premature System Stereotyping isn't always a accurate barometer :!:

Very true.

TMC wrote:Trade him for potential is just a poor idea. We already have potential in Ike.

Equally true. :wink:
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD

All Star
PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 8:28 am
Let me remind you OG Bro it's a preseason game!!! And did J-Rich buddy play in the game (Zach)? Ok enough said...

Ike playe against a bunch of 2nd and 3rd stringers!!! i.e Outlaw and who the hell is Hamilton? Already Ike had 3 fouls in 10 mins. Very unacceptable!!!

And BD 30 game against Juan Dixon please???

All Star
PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 8:34 am
Once again!!! Another bandwagon fan!!! Who bases how the team plays by what he see on each game!!! Definitely not a true fan!!!

Base your opinions on games that were played against quality teams not the lowly Jailblazers!!!

Better luck next time ok OG? Try again next time!!! Next!!!

All Star
PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 9:04 am
NO j rich I am talking about Ike playing in Don Nelson's system :!: You didn't answer my question have you seen Ike play in Don Nelson's system yet :?: And because it's preseason how are you able to accurately judge Ike's future especially if you haven't even seen him play this year which I have :!: Where's your fact's :?: Me a Bandwagon Fan, please dude I was mimicking Rick Barrys free throws at 8 years old :!: Wheres your credibility :?: Let's hear your Factual Eye Witnessed Answer's..........Tick Tock your on the Clock.
All Star
PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 3:42 pm
J-Rich wrote:Another bandwagon fan!!

how can we get through your head that there is no such thing as a bandwagon warriors fan?
ImageImage
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 8:21 pm
tHe_pEsTiLeNcE wrote:
J-Rich wrote:Another bandwagon fan!!

how can we get through your head that there is no such thing as a bandwagon warriors fan?

I dunno about this one... a helluva lot more people jumped back on the train after the Baron Davis trade.
All Star
PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 8:23 pm
Yeah and expect more people to come with the return of Nellie...
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 10:19 pm
And if the Warriors make the playoffs, just watch. That bandwagon will overload. I know a bunch of people who just couldn't support the Warriors during their horrible era. While I kept watching them play and try and improve, they went over the Queens and cheered for the Peja/Webber/Divac combo with Bibby on the side. I have a hard time believing them when they say, "I'm a die hard Warriors fan through thick and thin." That statement made me laugh.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 8:49 am
Ike Diogu goes for 25 and 8 in 41 minutes against the Sonics.

Man, all these Diogu trades are looking pretty stupid about now... ::lol:

All Star
PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 12:37 pm
Like I said when Diogu is the focal point of the offense he gets his points.
Who didn't play last night? BD, MD, Pietrus, Richardson, Murphy who else is the offense suppose to run through?

You also forget the 8 turnouts!!! That is way too many even for two games!!!
PreviousNext

Return to Trades