Diogu for Gay

Discuss any moves or trades here, real, rumored, made up, you name it!

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 1:07 am
Obviously not Dunnyboy I'm talking about, I'm talking about Rudy Gay :mrgreen:

Really not liking this situation with Diogu and reckon targeting a SF that can fit well is the way to go and the way to go right now before the season starts!!!!

Gay is a rookie but has shown that he is an ath;ete with a pretty good allround game at least! He would start immediately and fit in well with Baron and JRich as well!

I wasn't for trading for Artest and that was mainly because he is a headcase but also because Diogu's name was mentioned as being involved in the trade but it is understandable that some now would be barking that that would have been the best way to go, given what is happening with Diogu now :x

migya make the ring fall on ya
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 2:29 am
I'd rather keep Ike, but if he ain't going to play, we better trade him. It's the best thing for him and probably for us.

Just not sure I'd do it for Rudy Gay. And I'm not sure Memphis would do it, either. They have more need for a SF than a PF.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 3:14 am
TMC wrote:I'd rather keep Ike, but if he ain't going to play, we better trade him. It's the best thing for him and probably for us.

Just not sure I'd do it for Rudy Gay. And I'm not sure Memphis would do it, either. They have more need for a SF than a PF.

The Grizz are full of SG/SF players! They are in need of big players, especially now that Gasol is injured

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 3:16 am
migya wrote:The Grizz are full of SG/SF players! They are in need of big players, especially now that Gasol is injured

What?. They only have Mike Miller, Eddie Jones (who is in the last year of his contract and won't be re-signed) and Gay.

On the other side, they're loaded at PF (Gasol, who will be back by late December, Swift, Warrick...).
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 3:26 am
TMC wrote:
migya wrote:The Grizz are full of SG/SF players! They are in need of big players, especially now that Gasol is injured

What?. They only have Mike Miller, Eddie Jones (who is in the last year of his contract and won't be re-signed) and Gay.

On the other side, they're loaded at PF (Gasol, who will be back by late December, Swift, Warrick...).

Warrick is more of a SF and that makes 4 very good players (MMiller, EJones, Gay and Warrick) at SF/SG. Cardinal is nothing good, same with Swift so only Gasol is really a good big for them

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 3:28 am
migya wrote:Warrick is more of a SF and that makes 4 very good players (MMiller, EJones, Gay and Warrick) at SF/SG. Cardinal is nothing good, same with Swift so only Gasol is really a good big for them

Fratello has already said the Warrick will play PF. He doesn't have any outside game to play SF. If we can play Dun at PF, they can definately play Warrick at PF.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 3:34 am
TMC wrote:
migya wrote:Warrick is more of a SF and that makes 4 very good players (MMiller, EJones, Gay and Warrick) at SF/SG. Cardinal is nothing good, same with Swift so only Gasol is really a good big for them

Fratello has already said the Warrick will play PF. He doesn't have any outside game to play SF. If we can play Dun at PF, they can definately play Warrick at PF.

My point is that the Grizz have horrible bigs except Gasol! Diogu would be such an upgrade

Role Player
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 3:54 pm
I all for this trade becuse the gizz never do this becuase of galso
This is the year

All Star
PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 5:14 pm
I'm with you on that Migya! I like that trade for Gay...

How about we try to get Prince from the Piston and giv up Ike and somebody else (Dun)? Maybe too much but Prince would be a great fit as well for this team!!!

All Star
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 6:29 pm
Can I play hypothetical fantasy GM too :?: ... Ike for Dr. J straight up :mrgreen:
The Broe Knows Dont Hate....
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 9:18 pm
J-Rich wrote:I'm with you on that Migya! I like that trade for Gay...

How about we try to get Prince from the Piston and giv up Ike and somebody else (Dun)? Maybe too much but Prince would be a great fit as well for this team!!!

Prince is probably better than his stats show and he might explode this season. He would be a nice fit here and would probably be obtained for cheaper then guys like Rashard Lewis would

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 9:19 pm
hellkiller wrote:I all for this trade becuse the gizz never do this becuase of galso

They only have Gasol as a legit big guy! That is why they could use Diogu. Gay has potential but they also have Warrick, Miller and Jones who can play SG/SF and so Gay will likely not get over 30mins a game but in the Warriors he definately would!

Franchise Player
PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 9:28 pm
migya wrote:

Prince is probably better than his stats show and he might explode this season. He would be a nice fit here and would probably be obtained for cheaper then guys like Rashard Lewis would

I doubt they'd do it though because Prince is one of their young players in that team full of vets so with Rasheed, Hamilton, and Billups older, Prince will be the future.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 10:34 pm
xBayAreaWarriorx wrote:
migya wrote:

I doubt they'd do it though because Prince is one of their young players in that team full of vets so with Rasheed, Hamilton, and Billups older, Prince will be the future.

But now that BWallace has gone, they're in need of a real; dependable and talented big guy, unless either McDyess and/or Mohammed can fill that void (possible). Diogu is a real talent and Dumars may see him as their starter at PF and Rasheed at Center. Prince is valuable to them but it is easier to get good SFs than it is to get good PFs. Diogu would have to show that he can play the defense because that is the major weapon of the Pistons

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 2:59 am
O.G. broe wrote:Can I play hypothetical fantasy GM too :?: ... Ike for Dr. J straight up :mrgreen:

Yeah, I also want to play...

We should wait. Not play Ike a single minute so everybody believes he has a world of potential and will become the next Charles Barkley... and then trade him for Lebron... DO IT, MULLY!!!!!! :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

:mrgreen:
Next

Return to Trades