Diogu for JHoward

Discuss any moves or trades here, real, rumored, made up, you name it!

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 21211
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2005 7:50 am
Location: Perth
Poster Credit: 25
PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 12:32 am
This trade is a viable trade because it really does look like Diogu will not get much opportunity with Nelson as coach!

Diogu for Josh Howard straight up!

Diogu would be a player that can draw double teams and pass out to Dirk and other shooters like Terry for open jumpshots. Diogu would give the Mavs a talented big next to Dirk for probably the first time ever!

JHoward gives us a real sF that can do it all, especially play the defense and take it to the basket
Image



Image


migya make the ring fall on ya
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 18461
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:48 am
Location: Somewhere in this site...
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 2:33 am
migya wrote:JHoward gives us a real sF that can do it all, especially play the defense and take it to the basket


Exactly. And that's why Dallas wouldn't make this trade. He's their best defensive player (some would say the only defensive player), and he contributes a lot on other aspects of the game. Why trade him for a guy that may not fit well there? (I think they would have the same problems with Ike we have here. Ike is a much better fit for a team like Detroit or San Antonio...)

But stop with this ideas of trading Ike. Fire Nellie ASAP if needed, but I want to keep Ike.
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 21211
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2005 7:50 am
Location: Perth
Poster Credit: 25
PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 3:10 am
TMC wrote:
migya wrote:JHoward gives us a real sF that can do it all, especially play the defense and take it to the basket


Exactly. And that's why Dallas wouldn't make this trade. He's their best defensive player (some would say the only defensive player), and he contributes a lot on other aspects of the game. Why trade him for a guy that may not fit well there? (I think they would have the same problems with Ike we have here. Ike is a much better fit for a team like Detroit or San Antonio...)

But stop with this ideas of trading Ike. Fire Nellie ASAP if needed, but I want to keep Ike.



The contract negotiations not seemingly going well with JHoward might be a good reason to try and get him now. The Mavs don't have any other big guy other than dirk and he is not the post player kind that draws alot of double teams. Diogu could be a great fit there.

Nelson won't be fired in favour of Diogu so forget that idea!
Image



Image


migya make the ring fall on ya
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 18461
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:48 am
Location: Somewhere in this site...
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 3:12 am
migya wrote:Nelson won't be fired in favour of Diogu so forget that idea!


He should be. Larry Brown would know what to do with Ike. :mrgreen:
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 21211
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2005 7:50 am
Location: Perth
Poster Credit: 25
PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 3:27 am
I just don't want Diogu to go for nothing and think that a player that fits into Nelson's style can be obtained by using Diogu in a trade
Image



Image


migya make the ring fall on ya
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 18461
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:48 am
Location: Somewhere in this site...
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 3:30 am
migya wrote:I just don't want Diogu to go for nothing and think that a player that fits into Nelson's style can be obtained by using Diogu in a trade


Yeah, probably. Just not Howard. Dallas needs more that kind of player than Ike.

Maybe Rashard Lewis could be attainable... even more if Seattle doesn't have a good season.
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 21211
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2005 7:50 am
Location: Perth
Poster Credit: 25
PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 3:36 am
TMC wrote:
migya wrote:I just don't want Diogu to go for nothing and think that a player that fits into Nelson's style can be obtained by using Diogu in a trade


Yeah, probably. Just not Howard. Dallas needs more that kind of player than Ike.

Maybe Rashard Lewis could be attainable... even more if Seattle doesn't have a good season.



Right now, Lewis is a one dimensional player - A scorer
I don't want anymore of those on the team! An allround player that can defend is needed
Image



Image


migya make the ring fall on ya
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 18461
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:48 am
Location: Somewhere in this site...
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 3:38 am
migya wrote:Right now, Lewis is a one dimensional player - A scorer
I don't want anymore of those on the team! An allround player that can defend is needed


And even that would be an improvement over Dun. Rashard would be a much better fit at PF than Dun for Nellie. Sort of a poor man Nowitzky.

A trade of Ike and Dun for Wilcox and Rashard would be a great trade for us (under the assumption that Ike won't play under Nellie, of course).

I would also like a trade for Caron Butler (once again, if there's no option to keep Ike), but there aren't many more trades that make sense for both teams...
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 21211
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2005 7:50 am
Location: Perth
Poster Credit: 25
PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 5:43 am
TMC wrote:
migya wrote:Right now, Lewis is a one dimensional player - A scorer
I don't want anymore of those on the team! An allround player that can defend is needed


And even that would be an improvement over Dun. Rashard would be a much better fit at PF than Dun for Nellie. Sort of a poor man Nowitzky.

A trade of Ike and Dun for Wilcox and Rashard would be a great trade for us (under the assumption that Ike won't play under Nellie, of course).

I would also like a trade for Caron Butler (once again, if there's no option to keep Ike), but there aren't many more trades that make sense for both teams...



I want a guy that plays some defense as well as score some. Josh Howard would go great in the Warriors. There are a few possibilities if Diogu is better off being traded
Image



Image


migya make the ring fall on ya
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 18461
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:48 am
Location: Somewhere in this site...
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 10:38 am
migya wrote:I want a guy that plays some defense as well as score some. Josh Howard would go great in the Warriors. There are a few possibilities if Diogu is better off being traded


Yeah, but keep in mind that any trade also has to make sense for the other team. We won't get Josh Howard for nothing short of J-Rich...
User avatar
Starting Lineup
Posts: 513
Joined: Fri Apr 22, 2005 2:00 pm
Location: Mill Valley
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 10:39 am
I would love to see JHoward here (if we cant keep Ike) he would fit in perfectly, but I doubt thet Dallas would do it.

Rookie
Posts: 27
Joined: Sun Sep 24, 2006 10:20 pm
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 11:06 am
Ok, you guys have to be dreaming. There's no way Dallas give, up on Josh Howard for any body on the Warriors. Why would they let a young guy get away, who helped them get to the promise land? That trade wouldn't make sense because none of the players we have ,or the players you are suggesting to trade have the skill level like a Josh Howard. So, I say no way they do that in a million year. Another question, why would Cuban help Don Nelson in anything? WE PLAY IN THE WEST!!!!!.
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 2558
Joined: Thu Mar 23, 2006 8:53 am
Location: where you aren't
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 5:30 pm
right, because dallas doesn't have any decent power forwards.......


There's no way that they'd trade Josh howard straight up for any warrior except BD or JRich
ImageImage
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 21211
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2005 7:50 am
Location: Perth
Poster Credit: 25
PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 9:48 pm
TMC wrote:
migya wrote:I want a guy that plays some defense as well as score some. Josh Howard would go great in the Warriors. There are a few possibilities if Diogu is better off being traded


Yeah, but keep in mind that any trade also has to make sense for the other team. We won't get Josh Howard for nothing short of J-Rich...



As much as I personally like JHoward, he has not done much so far and is definately not a star yet!

Like I said, the Mavs are weak down low and things would be easier for players like Dirk and Terry with a great low post player like Diogu drawing double teams and kicking it out. Because they traded Marquis Daniels, it is unlikely that they'd be willing to part with Howard so easily now but they still do have Stackhouse, who can play SF also quite well.

I do think this is a fair trade
Image



Image


migya make the ring fall on ya
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 21211
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2005 7:50 am
Location: Perth
Poster Credit: 25
PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 9:51 pm
tHe_pEsTiLeNcE wrote:right, because dallas doesn't have any decent power forwards.......


There's no way that they'd trade Josh howard straight up for any warrior except BD or JRich



Dirk is not much of an inside player and would get more open shots with a great inside player like Diogu!

JHoward has promise but he hasn't shown that he is the player that JRich is
Image



Image


migya make the ring fall on ya
Next

Return to Trades

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest