Antawn jamison

Discuss any moves or trades here, real, rumored, made up, you name it!

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 11:05 pm
Yeah, hopefully Nellie can whip him into shape!
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 3:23 am
John Patrick wrote:Yeah, hopefully Nellie can whip him into shape!

I doubt that. That's not Nellie's job. That's the player's job. They do what he asks, they'll be fine. It's up to Baron to do so. If not, well, too bad for him.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
All Star
PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 6:30 am
Yeah but it's Nellie! He'll yell and scream at them! :D

All Star
Poster Credit: 5
PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 11:30 pm
for crying out loud. jamison again? this is the same team who traded vince carter FOR jamison.
"Losing is inevitably close to winning," Guber said. "They're inches apart. Drama. If you have drama, you've got a ticket to sell." "They're not real fans," Lacob said. "They don't have season tickets."
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 11:35 pm
ChronicallyInclined wrote:for crying out loud. jamison again? this is the same team who traded vince carter FOR jamison.

Though he gets paid a shiit load he is better than the SF garbage that is here right now!!!! (Dunleavy)

migya make the ring fall on ya
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 2:42 am
migya wrote:Though he gets paid a shiit load he is better than the SF garbage that is here right now!!!! (Dunleavy)

Haven't heard the news?. Dun is a PF... :banghead:
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 4:15 am
TMC wrote:
migya wrote:Though he gets paid a shiit load he is better than the SF garbage that is here right now!!!! (Dunleavy)

Haven't heard the news?. Dun is a PF... :banghead:

Yea and Earl Boykins has just been designated as center for the playoff aspiring Nuggets :wink:

All Star
Poster Credit: 5
PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 7:38 pm
TMC wrote:
#32 wrote:Troy Murphy averaged 10 rebounds a game in 34 minutes. The only people to average more rebounds in just as many minutes were Ben Wallace and Tim Duncan. The rest (Elton Brand, KG, Howard, and Marion) played an average of 39 minutes a night. 2 more boards in an extra 5 minutes is expected.

Per 48 minutes, Murphy grabs 14.2 boards (aka, 8th in the league per 48). 'The Mighty' Zaza is 29th with 11.9 rebounds. Murphy's legit.

That doesn't change my point. With the mighty Zaza by his side, Murph would average 8 rpg... he just gets more 'cos no one else does for our team. That applies no matter how many minutes he plays.

In fact, the more minutes he plays, the more overrated he gets, 'cos his numbers look better without really being.

i agree with the rebounding comment, there is no one else so they fall to murph, however, he is only one in a handful that averages a double double every game. sure his defense isnt pretty, but at least he shoots 80% from the line. more than most his size. or on his team!
"Losing is inevitably close to winning," Guber said. "They're inches apart. Drama. If you have drama, you've got a ticket to sell." "They're not real fans," Lacob said. "They don't have season tickets."
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 10:40 pm
Murphy would be at his most effective with a dominating big man that plays well in the post!

That's right we have one, Diogu :banghead:

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 2:03 am
ChronicallyInclined wrote:i agree with the rebounding comment, there is no one else so they fall to murph, however, he is only one in a handful that averages a double double every game. sure his defense isnt pretty, but at least he shoots 80% from the line. more than most his size. or on his team!

Yeah, I'm saying that Murph is overrated, not that he sucks. He's our more legit big man (besides Ike, but I'm still wondering which role will he play). He'd be, as migya says, a pretty good complement with another dominant big man.

If he plays decent at 5, and once Dun fails miserably at pf, maybe we'll try that lineup with Ike at his natural position.
Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 10:43 am
TMC wrote:
ChronicallyInclined wrote:i agree with the rebounding comment, there is no one else so they fall to murph, however, he is only one in a handful that averages a double double every game. sure his defense isnt pretty, but at least he shoots 80% from the line. more than most his size. or on his team!

If he plays decent at 5, and once Dun fails miserably at pf, maybe we'll try that lineup with Ike at his natural position.

This shouldn't take long.

I look forward to seeing Ike in the starting line up...
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 5:54 pm
If Nelson really wants dun in the starting five, it should be at SF so Diogu can maximise both dun and Murphy. Not many double teams will happen with dun and Murphy at PF and Center so both will not get many open shots

Previous

Return to Trades