What about getting back Jamison

Discuss any moves or trades here, real, rumored, made up, you name it!

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 25
PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 9:49 pm
Just a trade idea

GS trades Dunleavy, Murphy and O'bryant
for
Wiz trades Jamison and Andray Blatche.

Jamsion is an upgrade over dun and makes up for most of Murphy's rebounding, Blantche is a promising youngster that could play Center and PF. Getting rid of dun and getting Diogu the starting PF spot is major pluses. Wiz can have dun run some of the offense and Arenas play off the ball as a scorer only more often. Murphy becomes their most productive and consistent big player and O'bryant could be the Center they've needed in many years (maybe in two or three years).

Be somewhat strange to get Jamison back but he was very productive last season and could flourish with Baron and JRich

migya make the ring fall on ya

Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 12:42 am
I woulda have never agreed to getting Jamison back in a million years with that absurd contract, but then again i never thought we would have signed Foyle and Dunleavy to these contracts either.....

so in short.....Jamison for Dunleavy and Murphy? Im with it.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 4:14 am
tradedunleavy wrote:I woulda have never agreed to getting Jamison back in a million years with that absurd contract, but then again i never thought we would have signed Foyle and Dunleavy to these contracts either.....

so in short.....Jamison for Dunleavy and Murphy? Im with it.

A weird thought, I know, but it would be worthwhile because it does hit two birds with one stone. Jamison's numbers were real good last season and had the warriors had that sort of production from a SF last season, playoffs would have almost been assured

Role Player
PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 10:34 am
yea...i'm all for it...he was one of my favorites...i still like him...and it was kinda weird seeing two ex warriors on usa basketball team...how depressing...
Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 12:40 pm
I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BRING BACK JAMISON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Josh Jamison a.k.a. Adonal's The Man!
Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 10:31 pm
I’m all for it. Getting Antawn back would be awesome, and I think he’d fit in perfectly! However, his 21-22 attempts per game would need to come down some. Not sure if Mullin would entertain it, though. But he should in correcting the mistake & problem at hand. It’ll be one of his best moves, if he does it.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 11:24 pm
i like it. at least someone with talent takes a talented less spot on the roster. i'd like to see the team that player swapped for him during draft night spend another season with the team.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 12:12 am
CjR wrote:I’m all for it. Getting Antawn back would be awesome, and I think he’d fit in perfectly! However, his 21-22 attempts per game would need to come down some. Not sure if Mullin would entertain it, though. But he should in correcting the mistake & problem at hand. It’ll be one of his best moves, if he does it.

He would have to shoot less but he would be a great running mate with Baron, JRich and Monta. The problem is that he is a freeagent after next season and there is no way that Mullin should sign him to the type of contract he gets now. A contract like what dun gets or even 10 million a year, at the production he had last season, is ideal

All Star
PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 1:19 am
No, no more big contracts, wanna sign Diogu and Ellis when they're free agents.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 5:45 am
John Patrick wrote:No, no more big contracts, wanna sign Diogu and Ellis when they're free agents.

Jamison is a freeagent after next season and he'll have to sign for much less and that'll allow for the resigning of Diogu and Ellis

All Star
PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 11:59 am
Yeah, but knowing the Warriors, if they get him they'll sign him to a huge contract.
Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 10:13 pm
migya wrote:
CjR wrote:I’m all for it. Getting Antawn back would be awesome, and I think he’d fit in perfectly! However, his 21-22 attempts per game would need to come down some. Not sure if Mullin would entertain it, though. But he should in correcting the mistake & problem at hand. It’ll be one of his best moves, if he does it.

He would have to shoot less but he would be a great running mate with Baron, JRich and Monta. The problem is that he is a freeagent after next season and there is no way that Mullin should sign him to the type of contract he gets now. A contract like what dun gets or even 10 million a year, at the production he had last season, is ideal

Jamison has a player option after next season, and I believe he’ll exercise it in 07/08. That would buy us time in trying to reach a new and more reasonable contract. But more importantly, this move gets Dung’s and Murphy’s long-term contracts off the books while addressing the SF need.

However, having said that, as you pointed out, Mig, we have concerns in resigning our young ‘uns. As for Ike, he’s good for while (around 3 seasons or so) with team options. But Ellis is up after this year, so he definitely needs one. Taft is also up after this year, and if he’s healthy I know he will be very productive and needs to be signed, as well. We should be able to resign them (under Early Bird), so long as Cohan is willing to pay more luxury tax. But at least he’ll be saving long-term with Dung and Murph out of the way--at least, till the next big signing. :mrgreen:
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 11:48 pm
CjR wrote:
migya wrote:

Jamison has a player option after next season, and I believe he’ll exercise it in 07/08. That would buy us time in trying to reach a new and more reasonable contract. But more importantly, this move gets Dung’s and Murphy’s long-term contracts off the books while addressing the SF need.

However, having said that, as you pointed out, Mig, we have concerns in resigning our young ‘uns. As for Ike, he’s good for while (around 3 seasons or so) with team options. But Ellis is up after this year, so he definitely needs one. Taft is also up after this year, and if he’s healthy I know he will be very productive and needs to be signed, as well. We should be able to resign them (under Early Bird), so long as Cohan is willing to pay more luxury tax. But at least he’ll be saving long-term with Dung and Murph out of the way--at least, till the next big signing. :mrgreen:

Agree. The young guys must be resigned so Jamison will either have to leave or resign for alot less. Getting Murphy's and dun's contracts out are a real plus because that will really open things up to resigning Diogu, Ellis, Biedrins and even Taft.

Jamison is an upgrade at SF and that in itself is enough of a plus but he'd have to take a smaller role offensively otherwise it would hurt the team

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 7:11 am
We all love it... the only problem with this trade (and most trades) is that it takes two sides to agree. Why would Washington do it?. And what happens if Jamison doesn't want to come back to the team that traded him?.
Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 10:59 pm
Welcome back, TMC. As you can see, things are exactly where you left off last week. :mrgreen:

About the Gizzards, well, they just lost Jared Jeffries (insert a multiskilled MDJ), Etan Thomas is not the answer and not a scorer (insert a potentially solid center in POB), and Murphy can take Jamison’s PF spot. (Jamison has an edge in points per 48 minutes (25 v. 20), but Murph is a better rebounder per 48 (14 v. 11), and with better FT% (79% v. 73%). It's still may not be enough to entice a trade, but I would offer-up Pietrus, too. He’s not getting resigned anyway, and he’s young, athletic, has marketable skills, and with no contractual baggage. Plus the Wizards love ex-Warriors! That should be reason enough in itself!

As for Jamison wanting to play for the Warriors, Jamison is a pro’s pro, and he’ll play and give it his all if he’s traded. Fans love him in the Bay, he gets to play SF, so I think he’d want to come back and be a part of something he started and get this team into playoffs after 12 years of drought. With the pieces we have, I think he’d welcome the opportunity, to be honest.
Next

Return to Trades