Murphy-Spurs?

Discuss any moves or trades here, real, rumored, made up, you name it!

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2006 1:22 pm
The Spurs are looking for a player to complement Tim Duncan. Many Warrior fans wish to see Murphy dealt. Is there a possibility of a Murphy to San Antonio deal shaping up?

The best I could think of is Murphy for Brent Barry, Michael Finley, and Luis Scola. However I just read that Luis Scola would need to have about a 4 million dollar buyout to come to the states to play in the NBA. Maybe after the Fisher deal we could send Andre Owens for Scola in this deal, to even it out.

Anyway, Barry and Finley are very solid basketball players who can help fill behind the SG/SF positions, bring good shooting(which the team lacks), they are fine ball handlers and have been solid defenders in the past. Also their contracts are small and short, Finley's contract ends after this season, followed by a qualifying offer; and Barry's ends after two seasons. Finley has a bunch of winning experience under his belt and could help this team, maybe like a Sam Cassell for the Clippers last year. Luis Scola on the other hand is a top European prospect who is a very strong scorer in the post, at 6-9. Also I can see Barry and Finley being more "Monty" type of players.

Baron/Ellis/McLeod
Jason/Pietrus/Brown
Dunleavy/Finley/Barry
Ike/Scola/Zarko
Andris/Taft/POB/Foyle
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 1:03 am
I'd love to get Scola. Where do we have to sign?...

The only issue here, as you remarked, is Scola's contract. TAU is, probably, the most diffucult team in Europe to negotiate with when it comes to bring a player to the NBA. The release clauses are too high, and the players are forced to play there till the contract is over.

Anyways, about Scola, he's the complete opposite to Murph, similar rebounder on defense, way better on offense, and SCORES INSIDE. He's also a better defender. He also plays a lot of center for TAU, although he probably wouldn't be able to do that in a regular basis in the NBA.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 1:04 am
I don't know if Murphy would fit in the spurs! Popovich is not one for soft like players and that is the direction murphy is heading.

migya make the ring fall on ya

Return to Trades