ANY MAJOR TRADES?

Discuss any moves or trades here, real, rumored, made up, you name it!

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 12:18 am
I'm with #32 in this one. In fact, I doubt I would trade Lewis alone for Marion. The only motivation for that trade was the fact that Lewis contract was going to end (or, more accurately, he was going to opt out). But, since then, he has said that he wants to stay in Seattle, and they have changed ownership... I'd be surprised if they move him now.
All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 12:10 pm
Suns signed banks. Which means that the marion+leandro for fortson+Lewis is a lot more likely since what're the suns gonna do with three starter quality point guards

Suns would get riped off on that deal!!!! Marion is alot better than Lewis and Barbosa just had his best season and Fortson hardly played! I'd trade Marion and Barbosa for Lewis, Ridnour and future 1st round pick

I am not so sure that marion is better than lewis. He puts up great numbers in the system of the suns, I'm not sure he'd average more than 16-9 on most teams and I think lewis would do great on phoenix.
ImageImage
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 5:48 pm
Marion was great before Nash arrived. Lewis has only ever been a shooter and nothing more. I used to think that he had the skills to be dominant in everything but it has been some 7 years and the guy is just a shooter! Marion would give the Sonics are great defender and scorer

migya make the ring fall on ya
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 52
PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 8:16 pm
I think Lewis is a scorer; not simply a shooter. The guy has the handles to drive, the abilities to run the floor, and the size to post up most 3's. Plus he has more range than Matrix. He's definately more of a dynamic scorer than Marion is... but he doesn't contribute in many other categories.

However, on a Steve Nash team, I think scoring is all that matters. The Suns don't try to grind it out with teams on the boards or defensive end; it's just a 48-minute contest to see who can score more points. Lewis (next to Nash) can score more points than Marion can (not to mention it gives them a star-caliber outside threat to go with Amare's star-caliber inside threat... imagine how much fun Nash would have with that!). This means, in the end, Phoenix improves. That would be good enough to make the trade in Collangelo's book... but who knows with the new guys running the show...
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 8:25 pm
#32 wrote:I think Lewis is a scorer; not simply a shooter. The guy has the handles to drive, the abilities to run the floor, and the size to post up most 3's. Plus he has more range than Matrix. He's definately more of a dynamic scorer than Marion is... but he doesn't contribute in many other categories.

Lewis doesn't post guys up that much at all. Marion has a better inside game and shoots threes real well, so he is not worse in outside shooting. Marion does everything well and that makes him so much more valuable.

#32 wrote:However, on a Steve Nash team, I think scoring is all that matters. The Suns don't try to grind it out with teams on the boards or defensive end; it's just a 48-minute contest to see who can score more points. Lewis (next to Nash) can score more points than Marion can (not to mention it gives them a star-caliber outside threat to go with Amare's star-caliber inside threat... imagine how much fun Nash would have with that!). This means, in the end, Phoenix improves. That would be good enough to make the trade in Collangelo's book... but who knows with the new guys running the show...

The Suns rely on getting the rebounds so they can run! Marion is by far their best rebounder, Lewis is an awful rebounder for his height! The Suns better not trade Marion just for Lewis because they will get worse and will need to find someone else to do it all, two guys probably will be needed as Diaw can't do what he did and cover Marion's production.

Shawn Marion to me is one of the best players in the nba because of his production and versatility. If Mullin could get him for Murphy, Pietrus and/or dun and (if needed) one of either Foyle, Taft or O'bryant, he should go for it!

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 11:34 pm
I think Lewis is a scorer; not simply a shooter. The guy has the handles to drive, the abilities to run the floor, and the size to post up most 3's. Plus he has more range than Matrix. He's definately more of a dynamic scorer than Marion is... but he doesn't contribute in many other categories.

I agree with this. From a scorer standpoint, there's no comparison between them. But Marion has clearly a more all-around game, so the trade would be pretty even.

Still, I'd probably not trade Lewis straight up for him, but that's just a personal taste. :wink:
Role Player
PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 12:09 am
CjR wrote:Not really sure what to think of Harrington with the dubs. :-s This is one of those ho-hum deals, and is this the best we can get for a Murphy & Pietrus package (if this is what it’ll cost us)? But, I guess, on the bright side, he does bring inside scoring/slashing, scrappiness, along with decent rebounding & maybe D, so it could be the missing piece to better compliment our team. I guess this is for chemistry and better balance, if nothing else.

Harrington is better than murphy and he fits almost any type of offense. Great defensively ive heard.
I give MC's the runs... drippin'...
~
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 12:11 am
Harrington is better than murphy and he fits almost any type of offense. Great defensively ive heard.

I don't think he's that great on defense, but he's certainly better than Murph.
All Star
PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 12:24 am
tallboy12321 wrote:
CjR wrote:Not really sure what to think of Harrington with the dubs. :-s This is one of those ho-hum deals, and is this the best we can get for a Murphy & Pietrus package (if this is what it’ll cost us)? But, I guess, on the bright side, he does bring inside scoring/slashing, scrappiness, along with decent rebounding & maybe D, so it could be the missing piece to better compliment our team. I guess this is for chemistry and better balance, if nothing else.

harrington averages like 0.00023 bpg
ImageImage
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 12:39 am
tHe_pEsTiLeNcE wrote:
tallboy12321 wrote:

harrington averages like 0.00023 bpg

That's right. Harrington is a bit overrated. What I like about him is that he can drive and make the opposition defense do something, which Murphy doesn't really do. I'd still rather have Murphy though

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 11:00 am
If you think Harrington is a better player than Murphy (or if you've heard he's a good defender from someone), I suggest you read this:

http://www.goldenstwarriors.com/viewtopic.php?t=2375
All Star
PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 1:56 pm
migya wrote:Marion has a better inside game and shoots threes real well, so he is not worse in outside shooting

dude, marion is the worst three shooter that takes threes outside of dunnyboy. He's an abysmal three point shooter and the only reason he makes some is because he takes so damn many
ImageImage
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 4:36 pm
tHe_pEsTiLeNcE wrote:dude, marion is the worst three shooter that takes threes outside of dunnyboy. He's an abysmal three point shooter and the only reason he makes some is because he takes so damn many

I agree.

And, disease, all those could be Warriors are all draft f*ck ups. A lotta other teams probably have a long list of players they "could have drafted". The truly sad 'could-be' Warriors are the players who we had for a brief while, than traded; Vince Carter, Gilbert Arenas, Chris Webber, Mitch Richmond, ect...
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 4:42 pm
tHe_pEsTiLeNcE wrote:
migya wrote:Marion has a better inside game and shoots threes real well, so he is not worse in outside shooting

dude, marion is the worst three shooter that takes threes outside of dunnyboy. He's an abysmal three point shooter and the only reason he makes some is because he takes so damn many

Check the stats!!!!

Marion made 1.2 out of 3.6 threes a game = 33.1%
Lewis made 1.8 out of 4.7 threes a game = 38.4%

Lewis took alot more threes than Marion and his percentage wasn't a whole lot better! It would be expected that Lewis would be a much better three point shooter since that is his main strength, while Marion does many things well!

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 4:47 pm
That's pretty much the same distance between Dunleavy and Fisher last year. It's a pretty big difference during the game. When you take 4-5 three's a night and usually make 2 of them, that looks good. When you take 3-4 a game and only hit 1, that looks embarassing.
PreviousNext

Return to Trades