ANY MAJOR TRADES?

Discuss any moves or trades here, real, rumored, made up, you name it!

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 1:41 am
TMC wrote:
Nash, BDavis (When he's healthy), JKidd, Chris Paul, Billips, Parker, White Chocolate, Ridnoir, Cassell, Terry, and Hinrich all rank in front of him for me... hell, I'd probably still put Francis and Marbury in front of him (if they weren't on the same damn team). I don't think Andre Miller's THAT good...

From that list, I'd only rate above Miller the following:

Nash
Davis (IF healthy and motivated)
Cassell
Billups
Kidd
Paul

And that's it. I think Hinrich is on a similar level, and the others are worse than Miller. Ridnour can't defend, and is a streaky shooter, Terry is on and off (although he comes from probably his best season ever, but I want to see more), Parker is a better scorer, but I don't think he's a better pg, Marbury and Francis, ... well, they have the talent to be better players, but don't play up to that talent.

And, finally, White Chocolate... sucks. He shouldn't be a starter in the NBA.

ON THE MONEY!!!!!!!!

:D

migya make the ring fall on ya
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 52
PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 11:12 am
From that list, I'd only rate above Miller the following:

Nash
Davis (IF healthy and motivated)
Cassell
Billups
Kidd
Paul

And that's it. I think Hinrich is on a similar level, and the others are worse than Miller. Ridnour can't defend, and is a streaky shooter, Terry is on and off (although he comes from probably his best season ever, but I want to see more), Parker is a better scorer, but I don't think he's a better pg, Marbury and Francis, ... well, they have the talent to be better players, but don't play up to that talent.

And, finally, White Chocolate... sucks. He shouldn't be a starter in the NBA.

I disagree; Hinrich, Terry, and Parker are head and shoulders above Miller. Andre Miller can't defend, either... and the fact that he can't score doesn't make him "a better point guard"; it just gives him less weapons. I'd say Ridnoir and Williams are probably around his level... I'd rank them above him (because Ridnoir's more of an all-around threat... and Williams is practically Andre Miller with more flash), but opinions are opinions.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 11:22 am
Miller can't shoot to save his life. I give you that. But he's way better at being a real pg than other on that list (Tony Parker, Terry or Jason Williams), and his defense is better than you think. He's not Gary Payton on his prime, but he's pretty good at everything, except shooting.

He's 30, tho, and that would move some of the players on that list above him. I didn't think about that while answering your post.
All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 12:35 pm
Andre Miller can't defend, either

You tripping? Just because he doesn't get many steals doesn't make him a bad defender. Off the top of my head I can't think of a better deffensive pg than him besides kidd, billups, and duhon
ImageImage
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 3:16 pm
Payton (yes, still), Marcus Banks, Bobby Jax, ect...

Miller's an average defender (at best).
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 11:05 pm
Andre Miller does everything well and runs a team very well! He would be great next to JRich and Diogu

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 11:47 pm
Payton (yes, still), Marcus Banks, Bobby Jax, ect...

I know it's out of context, but I can' help it: MARCUS BANKS SUCKS.

PS: I'd rather have Nick Van Exel. :mrgreen:

Role Player
PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 9:33 am
Miller can't shoot to save his life. I give you that. But he's way better at being a real pg than other on that list (Tony Parker, Terry or Jason Williams), and his defense is better than you think. He's not Gary Payton on his prime, but he's pretty good at everything, except shooting.

He's 30, tho, and that would move some of the players on that list above him. I didn't think about that while answering your post.

i pretty much agree with that.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 12:09 pm
PS: I'd rather have Nick Van Exel. :mrgreen:

:evil: Them's fightin' words...
PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 4:20 pm
YOU PEOPLE AMAZE ME! THERE WAS NO KIND OF EXCITEMENT WITH THE WARRIORS BEFORE BARON ARRIVED AND LAST SEASON THE WARRIORS WERE NATIONALLY TELEVISED NUMEROUS TIMES BECAUSE OF THE EXCITEMENT HE CREATED. YES, HE WAS ONCE AGAIN INJURED LAST YEAR, BUT THAT WAS ONLY HIS FIRST SEASON WITH US. GIVE HIM SOME TIME, GIVE HIM A CHANCE TO GET BACK TO HIS ALL-STAR FORM.

MAN I KNOW WE'VE GIVEN ALOT MORE OTHER PLAYERS MORE TIME TO COME AROUND THAN WE'VE GIVEN BARON....THATS FOR DAMN SURE!

:agrue:
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 5:31 pm
I agree with that... but my limit is one more year. If Baron Davis eats it AGAIN next year (as in plays less than 75 games), I'll be pissed off... and ready for a trade.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 8:39 pm
I give Baron next season only and he MUST be a major factor in making this team at the very least a playoff team!

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 11:28 am
#32 really likes Banks. Nick da Quick should never be mentioned again, period. BD WILL PLAY 70 GAMES OR MORE (crossing fingers) and as with most fans, I'll give him one more season 2 get his act together. @ his $$, we can get 2 players that (maybe) would be able to penetrate and dish ---***030***---
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 1:01 pm
Nick da Quick should never be mentioned again, period.

I was joking. I hate him, too. Almost as much as I hate Banks. :mrgreen:
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 3:40 pm
Banks is a solid player, dammit. One of the few PG's in the league who thrives on in-your-face defense, rather than pesky double teams on big men. Plus, he's got good PG fundamentals (the kid can handle & dish the rock).
PreviousNext

Return to Trades