ANY MAJOR TRADES?

Discuss any moves or trades here, real, rumored, made up, you name it!

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 12:00 am
murphs double doubles are kinda overrated. he only gets 10 rebounds because nobody else on our team can or will. foyle cant rebound, ike gets no PT, andris gets no PT, taft is hurt. troy is the only one left to rebound. JR is a good rebounding G tho.
im sure if you gave ike the same amount of PT, he will outproduce all of murphs #s except 3pts made and attempted.

Word. Trade him now that everybody seems to be in love with his double doubles and nobody looks at his contract.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 1:19 am
TMC wrote:I don't think Harrington fits our team at all. I like him, but not for the kind of bball we should play (or, at least, for the kind of bball our roster is more able to play).

Everytime I saw Al, he seems to slow down the tempo, going for the one on one play on offense. And he's good at that, but I don't think it helps players like J-Rich or Pietrus if we slow down the game.

I think Al is more suited for the Pacer's BBall than ours.

With that said, If Al comes to the Warriors, I'm with ChurroChou. I expect, at least, a couple more moves. Nothing earthshaking, tho.

Have to agree! Harrington may well deter from guys like JRich and that is not the direction to go. Harrington will cost alot and he is not worth more than 10 million a year.

With Baron and Harrington getting paid so much and underachieving or performing quite average, Mullin will find it hard to trade either one and that could lead to the team disintegrating with the inability to sign the young players when their contracts are over!

migya make the ring fall on ya
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 1:25 am
I'd be concerned about Al adapting to our style (or the style we should play, as Monty doesn't have a specific style, besides sucking), but he'd be an improvement without a doubt. I'm just saying that he'd be a lot more effective with a pg like Andre Miller playing in a slow tempo offense that's more based on one-on-one and isolations.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 1:51 am
TMC wrote:I'd be concerned about Al adapting to our style (or the style we should play, as Monty doesn't have a specific style, besides sucking), but he'd be an improvement without a doubt. I'm just saying that he'd be a lot more effective with a pg like Andre Miller playing in a slow tempo offense that's more based on one-on-one and isolations.

THen baron should be traded for Miller, something I'm all for. Could be too many changes but good changes.

Something like:
PG - Miller
SG - JRich
SF - Harrington
PF - Diogu
C - Nene

Could be a real improvement

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 1:54 am
Nene has just signed his new contract, (way overpaid, $10 million per year) and he's not going anywhere. Miller could be easier to get... although I don't think Denver likes Baron that much. Also, they don't have a GM yet...
PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 10:22 am
ITS MORE LIKE THE WARRIORS DONT LIKE ANDRE MILLER
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 9:13 pm
Nene has shown nothing to be paid that amount! The Nugs look like they are burdening themselves with too many big contracts!

Why wouldn't Mullin like Andre Miller? He is a great PG who is around for pretty much the whole season!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 10:56 am
TRUE...MILLER IS A GOOD PLAYER AND HE IS PRETTY DURABLE BUT I WOULD RATHER HAVE AN INJURE PRONE BARON DAVIS ANY DAY. MILLER WOULD JUST BRING US ANOTHER POINT GUARD THAT ARE THE LIKES OF SPEEDY CLAXTON, DEREK FISHER, NICK VAN EXEL ETC. BARON DAVIS IS A PROVEN STAR AND WITH HIS OFF COURT CHARITIES AND TALK-SHOW APPEARANCES HE PUTS GS ON THE MAP.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 11:06 am
WITH HIS OFF COURT CHARITIES AND TALK-SHOW APPEARANCES HE PUTS GS ON THE MAP.

All Star
Poster Credit: 5
PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 12:12 pm
the w's wont be on the map until we make the playoffs
"Losing is inevitably close to winning," Guber said. "They're inches apart. Drama. If you have drama, you've got a ticket to sell." "They're not real fans," Lacob said. "They don't have season tickets."
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 12:14 pm
the w's wont be on the map until we make the playoffs

That's more like it. :thumbright:
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 6:48 pm
TMC wrote:
WITH HIS OFF COURT CHARITIES AND TALK-SHOW APPEARANCES HE PUTS GS ON THE MAP.

hahahaha :mrgreen:

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 6:51 pm
Anonymous wrote:TRUE...MILLER IS A GOOD PLAYER AND HE IS PRETTY DURABLE BUT I WOULD RATHER HAVE AN INJURE PRONE BARON DAVIS ANY DAY. MILLER WOULD JUST BRING US ANOTHER POINT GUARD THAT ARE THE LIKES OF SPEEDY CLAXTON, DEREK FISHER, NICK VAN EXEL ETC. BARON DAVIS IS A PROVEN STAR AND WITH HIS OFF COURT CHARITIES AND TALK-SHOW APPEARANCES HE PUTS GS ON THE MAP.

well............ I'd rather have Andre Miller for close to 82 games than Baron for not even two thirds of that. I just happen to go with logic! :wink:

Miller is also one of the bst PGs in the nba, top ten for me

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 51
PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 7:01 pm
Miller? A top-10 PG...?

Nash, BDavis (When he's healthy), JKidd, Chris Paul, Billips, Parker, White Chocolate, Ridnoir, Cassell, Terry, and Hinrich all rank in front of him for me... hell, I'd probably still put Francis and Marbury in front of him (if they weren't on the same damn team). I don't think Andre Miller's THAT good...
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 1:09 am
Nash, BDavis (When he's healthy), JKidd, Chris Paul, Billips, Parker, White Chocolate, Ridnoir, Cassell, Terry, and Hinrich all rank in front of him for me... hell, I'd probably still put Francis and Marbury in front of him (if they weren't on the same damn team). I don't think Andre Miller's THAT good...

From that list, I'd only rate above Miller the following:

Nash
Davis (IF healthy and motivated)
Cassell
Billups
Kidd
Paul

And that's it. I think Hinrich is on a similar level, and the others are worse than Miller. Ridnour can't defend, and is a streaky shooter, Terry is on and off (although he comes from probably his best season ever, but I want to see more), Parker is a better scorer, but I don't think he's a better pg, Marbury and Francis, ... well, they have the talent to be better players, but don't play up to that talent.

And, finally, White Chocolate... sucks. He shouldn't be a starter in the NBA.
PreviousNext

Return to Trades