Rumor of Murphy going to Indy

Discuss any moves or trades here, real, rumored, made up, you name it!

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Rookie
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 7:49 am
With the Daniels, Coshere trade I heard a rumor that the Pacers are looking at trying to trade for Troy Murphy for his shooting ability. I personally have wanted the guy since the Artest thing last year. They are talking about him playing center for us. So I have 2 Qustions. Could he play center and what would it take to get him?
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 8:21 am
He can play center as well as, say, Tim Hardaway, ... which means, not much. But I think he'd be a good fit in Indy, playing next to JO.

As far as what would it take to get him... to be honest, I can't think of a single way that doesn't involve a third team. We need SF above any other position, and Granger ain't available. Ditto for JO. And, although I love Shawnee Williams potential, I don't think Mullin would settle for just him. So it probably would have to be a three team trade.

Rookie
PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 8:30 am
:banghead:

Thats kinda ruff JO has said he doesn't want to play center and is trying to lose about 20lbs too get to like 245. He believes the extra weight is the cause of his rash of injuries. That is why I don't understand Baby Al coming back to us. We don't need a SF and as I stated JO does not want to play center. All I know is we need a shooter.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 8:43 am
Well, you know, now that we have "The Chef", we have a center that may interest you. He goes by the name of Adonal and is a monster on the defensive end, sort of a caribbean Ben Wallace (at least when he plays in the caribbean, with his caribbean friends). He's pretty cheap, for all he does on the court. Just a paltry $8 million next season. And, as you need a sharp-shooter, we would include in the package Dun-Dun, ..., er, the great Mike Dunleavy, who is the ... um, son of a coach, and shoots like his father.

All that for a second rounder. We're that generous. :mrgreen:

Role Player
PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 10:39 am
hahahahaha.....
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 10:51 am
hahahahaha.....

Don't laugh. I'm trying to make a deal. :protest:

Rookie
PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 12:45 pm
TMC wrote:Well, you know, now that we have "The Chef", we have a center that may interest you. He goes by the name of Adonal and is a monster on the defensive end, sort of a caribbean Ben Wallace (at least when he plays in the caribbean, with his caribbean friends). He's pretty cheap, for all he does on the court. Just a paltry $8 million next season. And, as you need a sharp-shooter, we would include in the package Dun-Dun, ..., er, the great Mike Dunleavy, who is the ... um, son of a coach, and shoots like his father.

Thats cute. Dunleavy would be ok if he made the MLE. I thought Foyle was a water boy I didn't know he accually played ball too. That dudes contract is flat amazing. I am suprised some didn't lose thier head for that one.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 25
PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 6:07 pm
esabyrn333 wrote:With the Daniels, Coshere trade I heard a rumor that the Pacers are looking at trying to trade for Troy Murphy for his shooting ability. I personally have wanted the guy since the Artest thing last year. They are talking about him playing center for us. So I have 2 Qustions. Could he play center and what would it take to get him?

Murphy needs to work on his defensive skills more which is a possibility as he has added skills every offseason, just not enough yet. Personally, I wouldn't want anyone but Granger and an expiring contract to make the trade work but it is unlikely that Bird would give up Granger so early

migya make the ring fall on ya
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 25
PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 6:09 pm
TMC wrote:Well, you know, now that we have "The Chef", we have a center that may interest you. He goes by the name of Adonal and is a monster on the defensive end, sort of a caribbean Ben Wallace (at least when he plays in the caribbean, with his caribbean friends). He's pretty cheap, for all he does on the court. Just a paltry $8 million next season. And, as you need a sharp-shooter, we would include in the package Dun-Dun, ..., er, the great Mike Dunleavy, who is the ... um, son of a coach, and shoots like his father.

:mrgreen:

Do it Birdman, do it!

But for a late first rounder, named Granger! 8)

migya make the ring fall on ya
Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 9:31 pm
Actually I read somewhere where Pacers officials say that JO would be the only one that would not be entertained for a trade. So that still means a possibility for Granger, and I believe Mullin has a chance to get him if he’s on the radar, and if he’s seeking to really upgrade our 3.
I think we have enough trade material (palatable to Indy) to make this happen without touching our core.

Rookie
PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 4:43 am
CjR wrote:Actually I read somewhere where Pacers officials say that JO would be the only one that would not be entertained for a trade. So that still means a possibility for Granger, and I believe Mullin has a chance to get him if he’s on the radar, and if he’s seeking to really upgrade our 3.
I think we have enough trade material (palatable to Indy) to make this happen without touching our core.

Indy will not trade Granger for nothing less than an all star. Trust me on this one, the kid is the golden child of the org. Rule number one if you are shopping someone like JO you never admit it, that would decrease his value, if the Pacers get the right deal, which would include an all star than they would talk. First rule about fight club is you never talk about fight club.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 5:05 am
Rule number one if you are shopping someone like JO you never admit it, that would decrease his value

That's why they offered him to Toronto for Bosh, ain't it?. :wink:

Seriously, tho. I don't think JO or Granger are on the market, unless it's for Bosh, LeBron, Wade or KG... which means they're not in the market at all.

Rookie
PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 5:23 am
TMC wrote:
Rule number one if you are shopping someone like JO you never admit it, that would decrease his value

That's why they offered him to Toronto for Bosh, ain't it?. :wink:

Seriously, tho. I don't think JO or Granger are on the market, unless it's for Bosh, LeBron, Wade or KG... which means they're not in the market at all.

pretty much

Return to Trades