Jason Richardson traded...

Discuss any moves or trades here, real, rumored, made up, you name it!

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Role Player
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 1:44 am
...in this suggested trade:

Golden State gets:

Paul Pierce from Boston
Jamaal Magloire from Milwaukee

Boston gets:

Jason Richardson from Golden State
Adonal Foyle from Golden State

Milwaukee gets:

Antoine Walker from Miami

Miami gets:

Troy Murphy from Golden State

This trade will probably need some small contract players from the other three teams to sweeten the deal and make the salaries fit. I can't use the trade checker because it has trouble with multiple BYC contracts but it is the essential pieces of a workable trade. Miami and maybe Milwaukee would want some younger value and Boston could supply that and still stay within the CBA. The idea is J-Rich's contract is the most valuable therefore we would force Boston to take on Adonal's contract also. We could possibly pick up Tony Allen from Boston to make up for losing J-Rich.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 3:26 am
None of those contractr will be BYC next season. They'll have their full value in trades.

I don't like it. I'd rather trade Baron instead of J-Rich. I know J-Rich is more attractive to any team, but we should keep him. In fact, I think he should be the least tradable player of our roster.

And that would be a great trade for Boston, but Milwaukee would get only the brickslayer, and Walker is seen as more of a cancer than help to any team. I don't think he fits them well.

Miami has no need for Murph. They have Haslem (who gives more than enough hustling and rebounding), Walker (who would be replaced by Murph) and Wayne Simien (sp?) for the future. Also, Murph is a terrible defender. I don't think they'd trade for such a player.

Just my 2 cents...

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 6:43 am
Loving P2 but not 4 J23.... never.....

Role Player
PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 8:18 am
agreed, we can never trade jrich. would rather give them baron instead.

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 10:37 am
& M.P. if we'd have to 4 P2...

Role Player
PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 12:43 pm
I think Milwaukee would be more interested in Walker than you suggest because his contract is not that bad. Only the next three years are guaranteed and because Magloire's contract expires after next season they are going to want to get some value for it. Right now they have three centers on the payroll, two (Bogut and Gadzuric) are signed long term. They need a legit power-forward so maybe that would mean giving them Murphy for Magloire directly but I would think that since Walker's contract isn't guaranteed for that much they might like it until they can find a long term answer.

I think after Miami exits the Eastern Finals they are going to want a more consistent scoring power forward. I think Murphy would be a good fit for Miami, he would shoot a high percentage from the outside being fed by Wade and Shaq.

I'll keep working on it, but the idea is that we would only give up J-Rich if we could also get rid of some combination of Foyle/Murphy/Dunleavy's contracts and get good value in return. I kept Dunleavy in this scenario because we have the most depth at the power forward spot and with Magloire coming in with Biedrins good depth at center.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 1:46 pm
I just think that Milwaukee would have more choices other than Murph and Walker if they were willing to trade Magloire. Maybe even Villanueva (I don't think so, but weirdest things have happened, and Toronto already has Bosh to play the pf spot)...

And I agree Murph would have a higher percentage in Miami. I just don't think he is the kind of player that fits that team defensive philosophy.

Return to Trades