How about Camby

Discuss any moves or trades here, real, rumored, made up, you name it!

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 7:15 pm
I know every trade has it's hold ups and fantasy factor, but I think the player I'd most like to see the warriors pursue is Marcus Camby. I don't know if the Nugs would want to break up their iron interior of him and Martin, but they do have Nene backing him up, so they wouldn't be losing much. I think they could really use Murphy to have a real scoring threat from the 4 and 5 spots. Plus Melo likes to post up so having a guy like Murphy hoisting up some open 3's or drawing big men out would be alot more welcomed there than it is here especially considering they don't have any particularly good outside shooters in their backcourt. Camby gives us a night and day different defense and can score, plus gives us alot more flexibility with our lineup. Besides the obvious advantages it will bring by allowing Ike to play the true 4 and creating in my mind a perfectly balanced team, it will also allow us to pair him with Biedrins or Foyle to create some serious interior D when we need it and we can still have gunners Pietrus, Baron and Jrich in the lineup! The biggest effect it will have I believe is on Dunleavy who can become the glue of the offense with the improved floor spacing and will make his game alot more valueable. I'll even give you that Ike is a downgrade at PF from troy but I believe this trade upgrades every other position. What do you think
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 28
PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 8:25 pm
Camby is great so far this season but his problem is as can be seen again right now - Injuries!

The Nugs wouldn't trade him now this season because Nene is out for the season and they need Camby when he gets back

migya make the ring fall on ya
Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 1:37 am
ah crap i didn't know about Nene. Well there that goes. Maybe Murphy and Foyle. Nah, thats actually worse for them to have to pay 18+ mil. Why the hell didn't they just frickin resign Dampier. They knew Centers were at a premium and I know we lost alot on his last contract ie. he didnt play til his last year but **** if we are gonna pay Mr. Non aposable thumb Foyle. Goddammit this team better not drive me to an early grave. Frickin over 35 mil a year for Murph Dunleavy Foyle and Fisher. O but we couldn't sign Arenas and Damp. Pathetic. Maybe we should go after Loren Woods or some other cheap center who is over 7 feet. Or how bout get Damp back through a trade.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 4:42 am
Also, Nene is a restricted free agent next summer, and the Nuggs are shopping K-Mart (just to get rid of his horrible contract), so, even if it's a nice thought, Camby is untouchable right now.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 5:42 am
Dampier is worse than Foyle! He has been nothing but a waste of money (and he gets paid more than Foyle) for the mavs!!!!

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 8:59 pm
Dampier is definitely not worse than Foyle. He's about as good a center as you can hope for and we could have just bit the bullet and resigned his lazy ass. The 4.6 Offensive rebounds a game he averaged his last year here could help us now. TMC said theyre shopping K-Mart who would be just as good a fit on this team than Camby, but I don't know how horrible his horrible contract is, so if its some ridiculous Garnett type of deal than forget it. Who else is out there, Maggliore?
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 10:25 pm
Look at what Dampier has done this season and last season!!!!! He is a bust and that is being nice! He must be one of the most overpaid, underachieving, low production players in the nba right now! Dunleavy does more than him!!!!!!!

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 3:58 am
David Wood wrote:TMC said theyre shopping K-Mart who would be just as good a fit on this team than Camby, but I don't know how horrible his horrible contract is, so if its some ridiculous Garnett type of deal than forget it.

It's more horrible than that. A max contract, that's why they're shopping him.

And I agree about Dampier. He's talented, but his lazy ass will only perform in contract years. He's been demoted to the bench in Dallas, with Desagana Diop starting!!!!

Return to Trades