Interesting News About Boston

Discuss any moves or trades here, real, rumored, made up, you name it!

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2006 12:59 pm
Andre Miller Back In Trade Talks
14th January, 2006 - 12:21 pm
NY Post - Andre Miller's name has resurfaced in trade talk, says someone in the know who has spoken with Peter Vecsey.

The Celtics may have rekindled summer dialogue that nearly sent Paul Pierce to Denver for the former NBA assists leader. Boston's current prime objectives are to dump sizeable long-term contracts and acquire an established point guard. [READ]

I don't know why Boston would trade Pierce for Andre Miller. This will probably have no effect for the Warriors since they don't have an expendable, estabilished PG and also be able to dump Boston's sizeable long-term deals. But it's interesting to hear that Boston would give up Pierce for a player like Andre Miller... [/b]

Rookie
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2006 1:01 pm
Oops I forgot to sign in. But here is a link to that rumor. http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/ ... ade_talks/
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 28
PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2006 7:28 pm
A straight up trade of Andre Miller for Paul Pierce is not even but it would actually stuff both teams, unless Pierce can play SG effectively for the Nugs which I think he can. The Celts have enough PGs and just need to let West and Banks develop.

The Nuggets with a starting five of -
PG - Earl Boykins or Watson
SG - Pierce
SF - Anthony
PF - Martin
C - Camby

That's a sick lineup! One of the best, if not the best in the nba!

migya make the ring fall on ya
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2006 7:36 pm
Don't think it works salary cap. Denver would have to add someone else in the trade.

Also, it covers a need for Boston, but only Andre Miller for PP?. I don't think it'll happen.

Return to Trades