How about some dream thinking

Discuss any moves or trades here, real, rumored, made up, you name it!

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Poster Credit: 34
PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 12:33 am
But, if we could get Roy, then we could send them Klay as well. But we would still need to somehow get rid off either Jefferson or AB along with Dorell.
Role Player
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 10:57 am
So if Barnes has a good rookie year we will spend all next years summer proposing trades for him all over NBA right?

Mullin is the Ultimate Warrior
PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 11:17 am
Klay had a good season, probably decent would be a better word. He wasn't doing a lot until Monta left, and after that he got his numbers while we were blown out. I'm still kind of skeptic about him. Not a lot to his game beside scoring. I'm not saying he's bad, he is good, but he will need to do more this season. And as usual, Warriors fans tend to blow things out of proportions. Klay on his own can't do a lot, he is just a piece. And Roy, even though he is injured, is three time all-star player with experience and he proved that he has balls to score when the game is on the line.

I don't see how Klay can be more valuable than Roy. Roy is injured, won't be good as he was probably, but according to all the interest he is drawing, he might still be a damn good player.
Role Player
PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 11:41 am
Guybrush wrote:Klay had a good season, probably decent would be a better word. He wasn't doing a lot until Monta left, and after that he got his numbers while we were blown out. I'm still kind of skeptic about him. Not a lot to his game beside scoring. I'm not saying he's bad, he is good, but he will need to do more this season. And as usual, Warriors fans tend to blow things out of proportions. Klay on his own can't do a lot, he is just a piece. And Roy, even though he is injured, is three time all-star player with experience and he proved that he has balls to score when the game is on the line.

I don't see how Klay can be more valuable than Roy. Roy is injured, won't be good as he was probably, but according to all the interest he is drawing, he might still be a damn good player.

Yeah, this is the thought in most of your mind i know. It shows by the fact that almost all the trades bean proposed included Klay in. Well in my many years as a Warrior fan I can remember 3 rookies that made an at least good rookie year Webber, Curry and Klay.Almost all the other rookies had trouble finding 2 mins on the floor on their rookie season. Talking about players like Arena, Sprewel, Richardson, Jamison and others. Yet in their second year most of them showed what they can do. I really can't understand why you are all so sure that Klay will spend all his carer as a spot up shooter never doing anything else. I really hope that Klay doesn't read this forum because he would feel very unappreciated from the Warrior fans.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 2:22 pm
I can't agree with that. I don't think he's been unappreciated as you say. You can't tell me that by saying that Roy is a better player than him I'm being ungrateful towards Klay. It's a fact, Roy is a better player, his only problem is with injuries. And Klay on the other hand wasn't much more than a spot up shooter...I think he would agree with that himself.

And by saying that Warriors had 3 rookies that proved something right away doesn't mean it's granted that everyone will be that good, those players showed more than just scoring. It shows more how bad other picks they made actually were. And also, how bad of a team Warriors have been for a long time.
Role Player
PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 4:54 pm
We underapreciate Klay by keep proposing trades involving him not by comparing him with Roy, there is no comparison. Roy was an All star before and a retire now, they were never comparable. And from the three we can speak mostly for Webber since we know how his carer went and i don't think that he was good with us because we were bad. In his 2nd year with us we started 14-1. And then guess what. We traded him. Anyway this year will clear many questions about almost all our players, will see.

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 25
PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 6:12 pm
I agree with Tron, Klay is being unappreciated and it is unwarranted. The guy got his chance after Monta got traded and he did great with it, almost helped in stuffing up the team getting the #7 actually, with losing by small margins most games at the end of the season and winning a couple there. Klay should just improve and be more than a shooter, how much more is the only thing, but he is worth keeping UNLESS thee was a great trade which had to involve him in a package, like getting a superstar.

Roy right now is a has been and cast off. He is nowhere near the same player with those knees. He will at best be a backup and even then might only be good for third string, it will be seen. No way I think of replacing Klay with Roy.

migya make the ring fall on ya
PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 12:46 am
Using Klay in a trade shows quite the opposite. It means that he has a value and that he is being used in a trade to make this team better if possible. Like it was done with Monta. Nobody ever said that Monta is bad, we just needed some upgrade on other positions, and he helped the team get that, even though it meant for him to leave the Warriors. We just have a lot of shooters, and Klay, for now, isn't offering much more. Never said he won't in the future...but on the other hand, he might even regress. Just saying that if you can get an upgrade, but still have to lose Klay who's a good guy and player, you need to do it, if you want to win more games.

And Roy is being courted by a lot of teams, so he probably isn't exactly a has been as you've put it.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 3:02 am
Tell you what, I'd probably rather keep Barnes over Klay if we had to chose between the two. I would do a Klay and RJ for Iguodala trade.

All Star
Poster Credit: 26
PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 12:53 am
Curry, Klay, and Barnes. All young guys on rookie salaries. Those guys are the future of GSW. We need to keep them together so they can grow and learn. They all. An shoot the ball, which is one of the most valuable skills. However Klay has shown growth in being able to attack the hoop and get to the line in just one year. Barnes has the potential to do the same, and we have all seen Curry's craftiness when healthy. We can go ahead and trade these guys and get better now, or we can hold on to them and be real contenders 4/5 years from now. If the goal is to get to the playoffs, trade em now and get better. If the goal is to win a championship, hold on to them and watch them bloosm together. I think we will witness something special with these 3 very young players if we just hold on to them and help them reach their potential.

Having Lee and Bogut will give us a chance to be competitive now, but the real key to our success will lie with hose 3. I can't wait to see how the 3 mesh togther next season. And then we get to see Lee and Bogut work together. Hopefully they can all stay healthy to make it happen.
"Hard Work Beats Talent, When Talent Doesn't Work Hard"

Image : 2010 - 2011
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 3:42 am
Those three really are talented, most definately, but as for contending in 4/5 years, Lee and Bogut might not be here then and will be well into their thirties and might not be as good as they are now. I'd keep the three young guys, but neither are slashing players and if we want at least one, we'd have to trade one of those three.

All Star
Poster Credit: 26
PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 10:39 pm
How about Dorell + AB + Jenkins for...

T. Evans + J. Salmons.

Both of those guys have fallen on Kings rotation and it would be a 1 year trial of Evans as a backup PG/SG.

Dorell and AB were 2 of Smarts projects, and they get backup PG in Jenkins ...
"Hard Work Beats Talent, When Talent Doesn't Work Hard"

Image : 2010 - 2011
PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 1:03 am
Hey, any deal that send Biedrins away from here is a great deal.
Previous

Return to Trades