How about some dream thinking

Discuss any moves or trades here, real, rumored, made up, you name it!

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 2:25 am
To make some conversation on the team and what we want in the future, I wanted to list some "possible" trade scenarios for the team AFTER next season, so "next offseason". Since the team is tanking as such, the only real talk is whether we'll get to keep out lottery pick. We will not see Bogut on the team until next season unfortunately. This is taking into account what could happen next season with an almost always healthy team.

I do believe that with a healthy roster (for most of the season at least) the team could be a top 4 team in the West at best. I don't see this full roster ad coach being better than that, neither better than 50-52 wins.

The dream trades I'd want (in this order):

1. Lee, Bogut and DWright expirer to TWolves for Love, Pekovic and Wes Johnson. (to be honest, I'd even add Klay, though reluctantly, as future trades and signings would replace him).

WHY DO IT -

GS - Love is, to me at least, the second best big in the nba right now, after Dwight. His defense is not great, but not bad either and he'd give a great big who seems like he will stay at the current level for some years still. Lee is a little similar to Love (just not as good obviously) in that he passes well, shoots quite well and isn't the defender he is as effective on the other end, all to lesser extent than Love. Pekovic has been quite good lately, whether he'll keep it up to next season and beyond is a question mark, but he is playing solid at Center. Bogut is better, allstar caliber, top 5 Center, but to get Love you have to give him with Lee. Wes Johnson is quite little used in Minnesota and would probably start at SF here, maybe becoming the talent that being a top four pick should be.

TWolves - Lee and Bogut will likely be among the best PF/C duos. The TWolves have always had issues with their Center position and that not only gets filled here, it gets filled with one of their best there is. Giving up Love is hard, but they get more talent back and more production, adding to their talented roster, especially Rubio. DWright is an expirer, maybe even a keeper for them as a role player.

2. Curry and Klay to Nets or whichever team he is with next season for resigned Deron (considering that he signs a max contract or close to it).

WHY DO IT -

GS - Curry is a very good PG, maybe top 10 right now this season. He is however, with bad ankles (this is considering that he plays almost all of next season) and not good defensively. Curry passes and scores well in pretty much every way, so he has alot of talent, maybe even good enough to be a top 5 PG at some time in his career. Deron is arguably the best PG there is right now, top 5 for sure. He plays both ends well and will likely be better than Curry for the rest of their careers, though likely not by too much. Klay is a very good SG already and goes well next to Curry.

Nets or whichever team he is with next season - Curry has the talent to be one of the best PGs and Klay is emerging as one of the best young SGs there is in only his rookie season. That's getting two very good players for one great one and those two players being a very good backcourt, probably top 10 next season already.

3. Whoever the lottery top 7 pick is (considering that we do keep it), Pekovic, AB, RJeff, whoever we pick with Spurs late 1st rounder in this upcoming draft and 2013 1st round pick to Orlando for resigned Dwight (considering that he signs a max contract or close to it, but he does so only to get traded to GS).

WHY DO IT -

GS - Dwight is the best Center in a long time, especially defensively. Dwight wants to play for a contender and after the above two trades, there would be two superstars already here, so coming here would give their own big three, with much youth. The team would just need to fill out the bench and add a SG and SF to the starters. Free agents would want to come here then, much like with Miami right now.

Orlando - If Dwight doesn't resign there after this season and they are stupid enough to keep him for next season, he is as good as gone. With this they get a potential starting Center in Pekovic, another likely very good player to start in whoever the lottery top 7 pick is and two young players that could start themselves, in Spurs late 1st rounder in this upcoming draft and our own 2013 1st round pick. AB and RJeff are expirers when this trade is done, after next season and they then have three large expiring contracts (with Turkoglu) to either use in a trade for a superstar or two very good players or just let go after expiring and be major players in the free agency market in 2014.

GS lineup:
PG - Deron/Nate?/Jenkins?
SG - Replacement for Klay?/Rush?/Nate?
SF - Replacement for RJeff and DWright/McGuire/Rush
PF - Love/free agent?/McGuire
C - Dwight/Tyler/?

migya make the ring fall on ya
All Star
Poster Credit: 26
PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 9:45 am
It is hard to say what we can do if we don't know what we have... Who knows what Bogut can be after injury, curry? Klay?? We know what Lee is but will Bogut's D make up for Lee's lack of D? Will they complement each other on offense. I think we will be a top 4 team too, and with teams like SA, Dallas, Lakers all getting older, I think we are pretty young and would like to keep the team together assuming they are healthy. It seems every time dubs get to playoffs, they lose a key piece, hoping we avoid that. If we get a top
3 pick, I could see us makin a trade to clear that roster spot, for example if we got Davis, but I am hoping we are done trading for starters for the next 3-5 years.
"Hard Work Beats Talent, When Talent Doesn't Work Hard"

Image : 2010 - 2011
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 12:44 am
Pretty good trades on my part hey. :wink:

Fully healthy, the current roster is top 4 in the West at best, at the very best. I'm being honest, it is no better than that. AT LEAST one more very good player, that plays both ends well, is needed for the team to be a real contender. That's with close to full health to the main players all season or close to it.

All Star
Poster Credit: 26
PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 12:17 pm
Ok Migya,

You want some dream thinking... a pipe dream, check this one that I just smoked up....

So, we all know Steve Nash is probably done in Pheonix next year. His options.. go to a contender like Miami for vet minimum... or find a team that is not in the luxury for the midlevel $5million. I think Miami can only offer him $3million.

Well, we also know that Nash went to school here in Santa Clara.
ALSO we have the Suns ex-president Rick Welts... maybe he had a relationship with Nash.

So, if you could convince him to come here... don't resign Nate or Rush, and he could come in and start at PG for the next 3 years at maybe $6million. Then you would take the pressure off of Curry and his ankle, he can come back off the bench in limited mins as the backup PG, or even the get mins as a SG with Nash. You would have a playoff caliber team for sure. And Curry would be learning tricks of the trade from the Mark Jackson and Steve Nash! The duo could teach him a lot. Imagine this line up:

PG: Nash, Curry
SG: Thompson, Curry(maybe), Jenkins
SF: Jefferson, Wright,
PF: Lee, Tyler
C: Bogut, Beans, Tyler

and then you would need to fill in with a backup PF, or add a nice SF in the draft (depending on if we get our pick)... I mean... a nice wet dream isn't it? Can't tell me that Starting lineup isn't awesome...
"Hard Work Beats Talent, When Talent Doesn't Work Hard"

Image : 2010 - 2011
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 7:09 pm
Wouldn't get Nash, we'd only have him for two years or so and he'd be gone, just too old and takes time away from Curry, meaning Curry would just leave after his rookie contract is up. Just no sense at all.

With the current team, at least one more very good player, at SF, is needed, but that player has to be young enough to be here long term, like at least five years. If GWallace, who I have liked as a player for some years, could sign here this offseason, as he is a free agent, it would be a great fit I think. He plays both ends well and is young enough (turns thirty soon) that he can be a long term starter here. The team would have to get rid of salary, which can only happen if the team either makes a couple of trades getting back less salary players than they give, or trade to a team that has salary space and can absorb salary. Likely not going to happen, but a nice thought. With a very good SF that plays both ends, the team then could be a real contender, whereas right now they are not

Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: 14
PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 12:23 am
R. Jefferson + gsw #1 for Andre Iguadala

Curry
Klay
Iggy
D Lee
Bogut

hey now!
Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 12:25 am
Not really a #1 superstar / go-to scorer but enough very good players / potential all stars to be a mid-seed playoff team. I'm not even thinking about contending. Warriors gotta get to the playoffs first and show that they're a winning franchise before FA's will even think about wanting to play in golden state.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 2:41 am
rockyBeli wrote:R. Jefferson + gsw #1 for Andre Iguadala

Curry
Klay
Iggy
D Lee
Bogut

hey now!

Philly are playing well, good on them, surprising to me. It seems like they are playing together as a team real well, no one player looks like is getting big numbers. That meand Iguodala is now doing less yet his team has more success, a good sign actually. I'd do that trade, if the pick was no higher than #5, as maybe one of the SFs projected to go high in this draft can be as good, but obviously cheaper. It's Iggy's defense and allroundness that makes him so good. Not sure Sixers would break up what they have right now

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 12:05 pm
ya we'll have to see how the playoffs go for them. if they get knocked out in the 1st round, probably more willing to do that trade.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 6:29 pm
Yea, if Philly don't do well in the playoffs they might want to make some changes. To be honest, I think it'd be hard to make a trade with them.

I really want to go after GWallace, who is a free agent at the end of this season. Don't know what he'll be offered by other teams, but he is worth about 7 million, as he isn't doing as much as he used to. The team would have to clear space to sign him and that would mean at least trading DWright's expirer for future picks, 2nd rounder even

Role Player
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 11:31 am
Here are some of my dream moves, and they're not that crazy, but I just don't think the Warriors would even consider the moves. They make sense though...

1) Send David Lee to the Boston Celtics for Rajon Rondo. Kevin Garnett is a free agent and at 36 years old, he's not he same player he was even 5 years ago. The Celtics want to get younger and they get a 29 year David Lee who is in his prime of his career. They drafted Avery Bradley last year and it maybe time for the Celtics to retool. The Warriors get one of the only "pure" point guards in the league. I don't think there is another player today that can play 25 minutes with one field goal attempt and get 15 assists in a win. He can play defense and on this team, I would take him over a healthy Curry anytime. He's still only 26 years old and will be entering his prime. He's signed through 2015 as well.

2) Send Stephen Curry and the 2 second rounders o the Pacers for Paul George. This is a gamble for both teams. A healthy Curry has more value, at this point, than Paul George. The keyword is healthy. The Pacers are having point guard issues. Darren Collison wasn't the answer and its look like neither is George Hill. Curry gives them a 3 point threat which is something they don't currently have. For the Warriors, Paul George will be entering his third season and is 22 years old. He's a better option than any SF they could get in this year's draft with the draft pick.

3) Send the 7th, 30th and 2 second round picks to whoever has the 3rd overall pick to take Andre Drummond. I think this kid is going to be a special player. They compare him to an Amare Stoudemire, but I think he has much better ball handling and passing skills. I compare him to more of a Blake Griffin. He maybe a year or two away so the Warriors may need to sign a free agent PF.

I'd love this line up for next season

PG Rajon Rondo - Charles Jenkins
SG Klay Thompson - Brandon Rush
SF Paul George - Dorell Wright
PF Andre Drummond - Jeremy Tyler - Dominic McGuire
C Andrew Bogut - Andris Biedrins
Role Player
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 1:21 pm
In MY dream Curry never gets injured again, Klay becomes Reggie Mille, we draft Girdrich, Tyler becomes a high flying High dunking All star PF {you know, the one we never had}, replacing Lee in the process and Bogut stays healthy.

Mullin is the Ultimate Warrior
Role Player
PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 10:08 am
Would you give up Curry, Wright, Tyler and a future first round pick to the Celtics for Rajon Rondo?

I think with all the scorers (Thompson, Barnes and Lee), they need a point guard that isn't worried about scoring 20 points a game. Rondo is a guy that could dominate a game while taking 5 shots the entire game. He does it with defense, passing and leadership. He'd be the perfect guy to put in with this team. I like Curry, but his game is more suited for a team that needs offense, like the Celtics. Boston also needs to get younger which they'd also accomplish with this trade.

Line up:

PG Rajon Rondo - Charles Jenkins
SG Klay Thompson - Brandon Rush
SF Harrison Barnes - Richard Jefferson
PF David Lee - JJ Hickson (if he signs) - Draymond Green
C Andrew Bogut - Andris Biedrins - Festus Ezeli

That is a 3rd or 4th seed in the West.
Poster Credit: 19
PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 1:24 pm
I'd do it, I would have done Curry straight across for Rondo when curry was still healthy though.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 7:19 pm
Yea I'd do it, but the Celtics wouldn't. Right now, after the playoffs Rondo had and with KG now resigned, them also drafting well, they know they are still contenders. They'd only trade Rondo for Curry if we added Klay, that's it, another starter, because Curry is a question mark right now to everyone, especially a contender.

Next

Return to Trades