Poster Credit: 19
PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 7:04 pm
xbay wrote:
"Always" Next wrote:
warriorsstepup wrote:
migya wrote:
warriorsstepup wrote:
migya wrote:
bigstrads wrote:No way they give up Landry in that trade man.

I really like the idea, for nothing more than getting some serious contracts off our books.

I dont like the idea of Beans going though...........who the F would be our center!? cuz it wont be Landry and he isnt right for it either.

Maggette, Bell and Radmanovic straight up.

I reckon the Rockets would give Landry for Maggette and AB, they'd be insane not to. I don't think AB is that great, very good yes, but not great. I'd rather see the team really look for a Center in another trade or through free agency because AB is not that special at all.

The point here is to shed salary and that is done with getting rid of Maggette's long contract and would complete a very good overhaul of getting rid of the three worst contracts on the team, in Crawford, SJack and Maggette.

Don't think the Rockets would go for Radman, though I'd do that trade for sure, get rid of two long contracts, as Radman's is also

That's a good idea any way to unload Maggs contract, all though he has played well the last couple games minus the Celtics game. Am not sure if his status needs to be evaluated because of his surprising play, oh never mind I would send him along with Rad, but the Rockets want more. Not sure Beans is the answer either since they have Yao Ming.

Rockets want young talent in return for T-Mac and that Fat expiring, AR is out of the question and that's who they probably want.

Yao's career may be over, so getting AB would be a nice replacement for him. The Rockets need talent and though they have been doing real well so far this season, thay are not very talented and seem to be getting the most out of all the players they have right now

Well that's a good point it does hinge on Yao's injury and how the Rockets feel he will come back. So they can take a the bait, I know it was a season ending injury, but if Yao is shedule to come back, Beans will be too expensive to be a back-up. So it does depend on the Yao factor, do you know whether for sure it might be career ending ? Also if we get rid of Beans the warriors need a solid replacement, am not a huge fan of the guy but he is solid enough with his hustle, and want that replaced.

Even if Yao came back, the Rockets could use Andris at the PF spot. I think that really is his ideal position. He is a really good rebounder, but he does not block shots or keep opposing Cs out of the scoring column.

Andris came into the league listed as a PF 'til the Warriors moved him to the C. You're correct Always, PF is his ideal position.

But they also have Scola and Landry who have played above average and offer more than what Beans would to them.

Also to add T-Mac makes 23 million, so the warriors would have to match that salary some how.

I actually think T-Mac has some left in the tank and could possibly play well as a warrior. Its all on Houson they are sitting nice right now, winning record without your two main stars, and the enticing expire of T-Mac.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 28
PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 9:35 pm
warriorsstepup wrote:
xbay wrote:
"Always" Next wrote:
warriorsstepup wrote:
migya wrote:
warriorsstepup wrote:
migya wrote:
bigstrads wrote:No way they give up Landry in that trade man.

I really like the idea, for nothing more than getting some serious contracts off our books.

I dont like the idea of Beans going though...........who the F would be our center!? cuz it wont be Landry and he isnt right for it either.

Maggette, Bell and Radmanovic straight up.

I reckon the Rockets would give Landry for Maggette and AB, they'd be insane not to. I don't think AB is that great, very good yes, but not great. I'd rather see the team really look for a Center in another trade or through free agency because AB is not that special at all.

The point here is to shed salary and that is done with getting rid of Maggette's long contract and would complete a very good overhaul of getting rid of the three worst contracts on the team, in Crawford, SJack and Maggette.

Don't think the Rockets would go for Radman, though I'd do that trade for sure, get rid of two long contracts, as Radman's is also

That's a good idea any way to unload Maggs contract, all though he has played well the last couple games minus the Celtics game. Am not sure if his status needs to be evaluated because of his surprising play, oh never mind I would send him along with Rad, but the Rockets want more. Not sure Beans is the answer either since they have Yao Ming.

Rockets want young talent in return for T-Mac and that Fat expiring, AR is out of the question and that's who they probably want.

Yao's career may be over, so getting AB would be a nice replacement for him. The Rockets need talent and though they have been doing real well so far this season, thay are not very talented and seem to be getting the most out of all the players they have right now

Well that's a good point it does hinge on Yao's injury and how the Rockets feel he will come back. So they can take a the bait, I know it was a season ending injury, but if Yao is shedule to come back, Beans will be too expensive to be a back-up. So it does depend on the Yao factor, do you know whether for sure it might be career ending ? Also if we get rid of Beans the warriors need a solid replacement, am not a huge fan of the guy but he is solid enough with his hustle, and want that replaced.

Even if Yao came back, the Rockets could use Andris at the PF spot. I think that really is his ideal position. He is a really good rebounder, but he does not block shots or keep opposing Cs out of the scoring column.

Andris came into the league listed as a PF 'til the Warriors moved him to the C. You're correct Always, PF is his ideal position.

But they also have Scola and Landry who have played above average and offer more than what Beans would to them.

Also to add T-Mac makes 23 million, so the warriors would have to match that salary some how.

I actually think T-Mac has some left in the tank and could possibly play well as a warrior. Its all on Houson they are sitting nice right now, winning record without your two main stars, and the enticing expire of T-Mac.

The Rockets would only want AB if Yao looks like he will never be the same again or could injure himself yet again, as Scloa has been real good and he is there PF. Getting AB now would mean they now have a Center for the season that could well complete there team, as Center is there weakness right now.

TMac might well have something left and he likes to run and gun, so he would be a good fit on the team, but I'd let him go and spend money on sure things, players that you know will produce and not likely get injured.

I really like the idea of having alot of money to spend in the offseason and still having players like Curry, AR, Azu, BW and Turiaf. I'd rather trade for Amare right now, giving what was offered in the offseason for him, which was AB, BW and Curry, but Amare would have to resign for at least two years, as then you get him for more than half a season and can look to either trade him in a year or add pieces around him to make him stay. I'd rather look to try to grab Paul from the Hornets for Monta and Morrow, throw in a future 1st rounder, even this coming lottery pick, which looks like would be top 4, but instead to trade Monta and Maggette for TMac, I'd do that, just for the salary that expires and the ability to go after one or two great players this offseason.

For me, the dream would be to trade AB, BW and Curry or Morrow for Amare, then trade Monta and Curry or Morrow (throw in future 1st rounder) for Paul or if can't get Paul, trade Monta and Maggette for TMac. You can always add three or four players after the Amare and Paul trades or the Amare and TMac trades. Heck, imagine if TMac stayed for less than the MLE, can always keep him and try to see what he can give and still go after one or two great players

migya make the ring fall on ya
Previous

Return to News Articles