Jackson:There Will be Change

Area for news articles related to the Warriors

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 5:16 pm
you heard it here first :blah5:

Stephen Jackson has been told that not everyone will be back when the Warriors return next season, the San Francisco Chronicle is reporting.

"There will be change, things will be shifted," Jackson said this past week, "but I think the core will be here. I think as a team and an organization, we know the steps that we have to take to correct a lot of these wrongs that we had this season."

Coach Don Nelson said a few weeks ago that with Monta Ellis proving that he can return to his old form, the Warriors need two things to become a "decent" team again: A good draft pick, and "a move or trade to pick up another need guy."

Nelson listed rebounding, defense and passing as the Warriors' biggest holes - "Put them in any order you want," he said.

While Jackson did mention many of his teammates when talking about the team's future, a glaring omission was Jamal Crawford, whom Nelson already has said he expects to be gone, either via free agency if he opts out of his contract, or via trade.

http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archi ... be_change/
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 8:44 pm
Nelson forgot to mention his disgraceful coaching and attitude, by choice ofcourse.

The needs are a very good PG that is a distributor first and getting rid of at least one of the bad contracts, which will happen if Crawford opts out, but won't if he doesn't. The bigs are sensational as of recent showings and the play (and pay rate) of Belinelli and Morrow make them keepers for now. SJackson I consider in the grey area, as he prduces but may not take a back seat as a third option if surounded by good players. Maggette is just too over paid to stay and must go. The improvement of AR and Azu more than makes him expendable

migya make the ring fall on ya
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 11:04 pm
migya wrote:Nelson forgot to mention his disgraceful coaching and attitude, by choice ofcourse.

The needs are a very good PG that is a distributor first and getting rid of at least one of the bad contracts, which will happen if Crawford opts out, but won't if he doesn't. The bigs are sensational as of recent showings and the play (and pay rate) of Belinelli and Morrow make them keepers for now. SJackson I consider in the grey area, as he prduces but may not take a back seat as a third option if surounded by good players. Maggette is just too over paid to stay and must go. The improvement of AR and Azu more than makes him expendable

:withstupid:

Basically, that's it.

Nellie's quote it's quite funny, actually. So defense, passing and rebounding are our flaws?. That means... other than scoring in spurts, we do not do anything well, is that it?. And two guys are going to change it?. (Well, if one of those guys is Nellie's replacement, I can see it, but that won't happen for next year).

All Star
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 5:52 pm
TMC wrote:
migya wrote:Nelson forgot to mention his disgraceful coaching and attitude, by choice ofcourse.

:withstupid:

Basically, that's it.

Nellie's quote it's quite funny, actually. So defense, passing and rebounding are our flaws?. That means... other than scoring in spurts, we do not do anything well, is that it?. And two guys are going to change it?. (Well, if one of those guys is Nellie's replacement, I can see it, but that won't happen for next year).

I agree TMC and I hope the other move is Jackson. The Warriors would be bettwer by just subtracting thos two.

Return to News Articles