Tim K Fired Up

Area for news articles related to the Warriors

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

User avatar
All Star
Posts: 3244
Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2005 6:29 am
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 3:43 pm
Fired up and perhaps drunk. You decide

Clippers 118, Warriors 105: Gee, how could I ever have criticized the Greatness That Is Nelson/Rowell?

I’ve leaned over backwards in the last few weeks to be semi-nice to the Warriors, who, after all, are tremendous and conspired against and apparently playing infants and toddlers.

Or at least that’s what I always hear from the shills and the paid apologists (SAPAs).

I’ve even pointed out that the Warriors were playing decently of late, if not quite as well as the SAPAs were saying and still will be saying and will be commenting on this very item, I’m quite sure.

I also pointed out that the GSWs have had a big frosty cake schedule for weeks now, tons of home games and some easy road games, with a few more softies left, so you do have to put the recent 10-8 “run” after the 10-26 start in perspective.

Again, that’s not what the SAPAs do. Reality is a big problem for the SAPAs.

Instead, they turn away from reality. They listen to Bobby Rowell, they tune into Don Nelson, they get their marching orders, they yell at anybody who argues otherwise, and they believe everything is wonderful, despite the 5-24 road record.

Then comes a game like tonight, which I will not bother to break down since it was 100% disaster: The Clippers are an NBA abomination, and they handled the Warriors. Just handled them.

(Nice game by SAPA-beloved Corey Maggette, eh? -18 on the plus/minus, 4-of-13 shooting against his former team and much-disliked former coach, Mike Dunleavy Sr.)

Coming into the game, the Clippers were averaging 94.9 points per game. They beat that by more than 23 points tonight.

Coming into the game, the Clippers were shooting a league-worst 43.45% from the field. They shot 51.1% tonight.

The Clippers lost by about a thousand last night in Portland, after getting bombed twice in a row by the Suns.

The Warriors were fully rested, by the way.

So these weren’t “lucky” numbers for the Clippers. Those are disaster numbers for the Warriors. Those are the numbers of an offense playing vs. a non-defense.

I don’t care if Marcus Camby was back and Zach Randolph was back. And Baron Davis sorta cared, for once, though he looked weighted down by anvils in the long moments between dusting past Stephen Jackson to the rim.

The. Clippers. Are. An. Abomination. I thought they were awful even tonight–nice transition defense, Clips!–but they were a lot better than the Warriors.

I’ve written that the Warriors had a great shot a nice little run–last few games before the All-Star Break were easy, the first few after the break were easy (vs. tired or bad teams, mostly at Oracle).

Oh well, that’s pretty much over now, because they can’t win on the road, even when they’re playing OK at home. That’s terrible. That’s what terrible teams do.

The rest of this will be short tonight, so the SAPAs can quickly fire back at me. To summarize:

* Don Nelson is not the right coach for this team.

-As I’ve said before, the problem with his tricked-up small ball is that he plays into the hands of every bad team, which also is lacking at fundamentals and loves to play the Warriors bad-for-bad.

Small ball gets some good teams off-balance, in the regular season. But it also puts the Warriors in jeopardy against under-talented teams like Memphis, the Clippers, Oklahoma City, the Knicks, etc., etc., etc…

* No, I don’t think Nelson is tanking or will tank. He’s just running his same old stuff, which was good when Baron was on the Warriors but Baron is a fat Clipper now.

* The Warriors players do not play defense and apparently aren’t asked to.

* I know C.J. Watson did some nice things and got some steals… but umm, shouldn’t one of his concerns on defense have been to, you know, NOT CONSISTENTLY LEAVE ERIC GORDON WIDE OPEN ON THE PERIMETER?

Oh, but defense isn’t Don Nelson’s thing.

* The roster is full of shoot-first, no-defense, turnover-prone scorers, none of whom create shots for their teammates.

* There is no salary-cap room for years and years.

* You can’t blame this one on injuries. Monta Ellis would not have saved them tonight.

* Chris Cohan has owned this team for 15 seasons, and this is the 13th terrible Warriors season. Gee, do you think there’s a pattern here?

* Bobby Rowell thinks he’s an NBA genius, yet he has run this team into the ground.

Good night!
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 3069
Joined: Wed Mar 23, 2005 2:32 pm
Location: San Jose
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 4:02 pm
Quazza wrote:Fired up and perhaps drunk. You decide

Clippers 118, Warriors 105: Gee, how could I ever have criticized the Greatness That Is Nelson/Rowell?

I’ve leaned over backwards in the last few weeks to be semi-nice to the Warriors, who, after all, are tremendous and conspired against and apparently playing infants and toddlers.

Or at least that’s what I always hear from the shills and the paid apologists (SAPAs).

I’ve even pointed out that the Warriors were playing decently of late, if not quite as well as the SAPAs were saying and still will be saying and will be commenting on this very item, I’m quite sure.

I also pointed out that the GSWs have had a big frosty cake schedule for weeks now, tons of home games and some easy road games, with a few more softies left, so you do have to put the recent 10-8 “run” after the 10-26 start in perspective.

Again, that’s not what the SAPAs do. Reality is a big problem for the SAPAs.

Instead, they turn away from reality. They listen to Bobby Rowell, they tune into Don Nelson, they get their marching orders, they yell at anybody who argues otherwise, and they believe everything is wonderful, despite the 5-24 road record.

Then comes a game like tonight, which I will not bother to break down since it was 100% disaster: The Clippers are an NBA abomination, and they handled the Warriors. Just handled them.

(Nice game by SAPA-beloved Corey Maggette, eh? -18 on the plus/minus, 4-of-13 shooting against his former team and much-disliked former coach, Mike Dunleavy Sr.)

Coming into the game, the Clippers were averaging 94.9 points per game. They beat that by more than 23 points tonight.

Coming into the game, the Clippers were shooting a league-worst 43.45% from the field. They shot 51.1% tonight.

The Clippers lost by about a thousand last night in Portland, after getting bombed twice in a row by the Suns.

The Warriors were fully rested, by the way.

So these weren’t “lucky” numbers for the Clippers. Those are disaster numbers for the Warriors. Those are the numbers of an offense playing vs. a non-defense.

I don’t care if Marcus Camby was back and Zach Randolph was back. And Baron Davis sorta cared, for once, though he looked weighted down by anvils in the long moments between dusting past Stephen Jackson to the rim.

The. Clippers. Are. An. Abomination. I thought they were awful even tonight–nice transition defense, Clips!–but they were a lot better than the Warriors.

I’ve written that the Warriors had a great shot a nice little run–last few games before the All-Star Break were easy, the first few after the break were easy (vs. tired or bad teams, mostly at Oracle).

Oh well, that’s pretty much over now, because they can’t win on the road, even when they’re playing OK at home. That’s terrible. That’s what terrible teams do.

The rest of this will be short tonight, so the SAPAs can quickly fire back at me. To summarize:

* Don Nelson is not the right coach for this team.

-As I’ve said before, the problem with his tricked-up small ball is that he plays into the hands of every bad team, which also is lacking at fundamentals and loves to play the Warriors bad-for-bad.

Small ball gets some good teams off-balance, in the regular season. But it also puts the Warriors in jeopardy against under-talented teams like Memphis, the Clippers, Oklahoma City, the Knicks, etc., etc., etc…

* No, I don’t think Nelson is tanking or will tank. He’s just running his same old stuff, which was good when Baron was on the Warriors but Baron is a fat Clipper now.

* The Warriors players do not play defense and apparently aren’t asked to.

* I know C.J. Watson did some nice things and got some steals… but umm, shouldn’t one of his concerns on defense have been to, you know, NOT CONSISTENTLY LEAVE ERIC GORDON WIDE OPEN ON THE PERIMETER?

Oh, but defense isn’t Don Nelson’s thing.

* The roster is full of shoot-first, no-defense, turnover-prone scorers, none of whom create shots for their teammates.

* There is no salary-cap room for years and years.

* You can’t blame this one on injuries. Monta Ellis would not have saved them tonight.

* Chris Cohan has owned this team for 15 seasons, and this is the 13th terrible Warriors season. Gee, do you think there’s a pattern here?

* Bobby Rowell thinks he’s an NBA genius, yet he has run this team into the ground.

Good night!


100% CORRECT!!!!! just vented all my frustrations right there, great job Tim.
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 3244
Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2005 6:29 am
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 4:18 pm
Yeah it's a weird feeling isn't it? Have pretty much agreed with Tim all year



I feel dirty
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 3069
Joined: Wed Mar 23, 2005 2:32 pm
Location: San Jose
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 4:20 pm
i know the feeling. Usually it's just Tim stirring things up but he captures what i feel about this team and the people that make excuses for them. Bob Fitzgerald is a big one, everytime somebody mentions the Warriors bad play, he talks about injuries.
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 3244
Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2005 6:29 am
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 4:30 pm
no doubt Bob's one of the people he's talking bout with "shills and the paid apologists"
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 2334
Joined: Wed Jan 09, 2008 12:33 pm
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 4:41 pm
Damn it! I thought it said "Tim K Fired". Way to get my hopes up man.
Image
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 3621
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2007 1:05 am
Location: Oakland California
Poster Credit: 35
PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 6:24 pm
u gotta link quaz?
From "we believe", to "we belong", to "we gon beatcho ass!"

Image
Image
Image

Image
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 3244
Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2005 6:29 am
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 6:26 pm
yeah mate

http://blogs.mercurynews.com/kawakami/2 ... sonrowell/
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 18461
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:48 am
Location: Somewhere in this site...
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 12:58 am
Captain_Jack wrote:Damn it! I thought it said "Tim K Fired". Way to get my hopes up man.


F*ck, me too!

Still, he's totally right. I don't think this will have any kind of effect on the team, but it was about time somebody comes out saying it like it is.
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 2347
Joined: Sun Feb 10, 2008 6:05 pm
Location: Sucka Free City
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 1:18 am
Tim K got every idea he had in this article from coming here and reading our posts... lol

maybe he's really emcee T..... :shock: :wink:

Finally, someone in the press is saying what the fans all know.
What is curious is it was the Clippers game that finally turned him?
What took you so long Tim?

We need to start the FREE MULLY campaign... or the We Believe, IN MULLIN! tshirts.. just go hard core on Nelson/Cohan and Rowell... let the voices be heard!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I3pIsA0Q ... re=related

Steph Curry fakin Chris Anderson out of his jock: awesome!
look on Turiaf's face: priceless
User avatar
Franchise Player
Posts: 7512
Joined: Thu Dec 30, 2004 2:44 pm
Location: Brighton, England.
Poster Credit: -5
PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 3:46 am
Jackattack wrote:Tim K got every idea he had in this article from coming here and reading our posts... lol

maybe he's really emcee T..... :shock: :wink:


That makes alot of sense, given that his article is essentially a collection of alot of our opinions and words on the team for the last 3 months.

Also makes sense that Tim K could be EmceeT..........given that they are both complete twats............ohh but Tim K is now correct in what he says, whereas EmceeT would and will never be.

Jackattack wrote:Finally, someone in the press is saying what the fans all know.
What is curious is it was the Clippers game that finally turned him?
What took you so long Tim?

We need to start the FREE MULLY campaign... or the We Believe, IN MULLIN! tshirts.. just go hard core on Nelson/Cohan and Rowell... let the voices be heard!


If I had any faith that fans actually would make a stand (which I dont, because they wont), and not just stand there smiling like a bunch of sheep..............I would come over and join the good fight to save Mullin and let these f*ckers know that they cant destroy every single part of our "team" and get away with it.

But sadly, these things never happen, as there are always enough bandwagoners (not much to bandwagon about anymore though) and yes men to replace the disgruntled fans.............thats the security and hold that most American sports franchises know they have over their fans = "Dont listen to the people who have a grievance...........just replace them or ignore them...........cuz nothing is going to happen anyway.............they wont do anything cuz they are all scared we will just move the team"

Can anyone think of any boycotts, protests, demonstrations that have either HAPPEND, let alone worked or achieved anything, in American sports???
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 2347
Joined: Sun Feb 10, 2008 6:05 pm
Location: Sucka Free City
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 10:26 am
I can't think of any boycotts at all to tell the truth...

I try to think about what teams with great dedicated fans would do. For example, Steelers fans would never put up with shite like this. Hell even the Knicks fans are constantly vocal. If our fan base had a larger percentage of knowledgeable basketball enthusiasts, I think we'd see a lot more protest.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I3pIsA0Q ... re=related

Steph Curry fakin Chris Anderson out of his jock: awesome!
look on Turiaf's face: priceless
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 3069
Joined: Wed Mar 23, 2005 2:32 pm
Location: San Jose
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 11:21 am
Jackattack wrote:Tim K got every idea he had in this article from coming here and reading our posts... lol

maybe he's really emcee T..... :shock: :wink:

Finally, someone in the press is saying what the fans all know.
What is curious is it was the Clippers game that finally turned him?
What took you so long Tim?

We need to start the FREE MULLY campaign... or the We Believe, IN MULLIN! tshirts.. just go hard core on Nelson/Cohan and Rowell... let the voices be heard!


there was no Corey Maggette love in that article so NO
User avatar
Starting Lineup
Posts: 575
Joined: Fri Jan 13, 2006 1:52 am
Location: Oakland
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 2:03 am
He's right, it has to be ownership. It's the only constant during all these losing years. Things start from the top down. I don't know what he's doing wrong but apparently it's not hiring good presidents to run the team.

Cohan should sell

Return to News Articles

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests