Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

All Star
Poster Credit: 9
PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 1:19 pm
http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2009/01/30/SP3D15KC9V.DTL

Whoa Nellie on coach's plans to put Ellis at point

Janny Hu, Chronicle Staff Writer
Saturday, January 31, 2009

Warriors coach Don Nelson's plans to convert Monta Ellis into a point guard are being put on hold.

"We're going to switch the assignments, play him more at the two and Jamal (Crawford) more at the one," Nelson said before Friday's game.

Golden State had divvied up ballhandling duties between Ellis and Crawford in their first game together Wednesday, and the resulting lack of cohesion - and ball movement - helped prompt Nelson's change.

"(Jamal's) more used to what we're doing, and it'll just let Monta be a scorer, come off screens," said Nelson, who has talked about converting Ellis into a point guard for more than a year.

"It's a little different when you have to initiate - that guy's got to move the ball. (Monta's) a shoot-first guy and he's had success doing that. You don't expect he's going to change it."

Ankle alert: For the first time since returning from injuring his left ankle, Ellis had a minor flare-up.

"The ankle got a little stiff at halftime, but he played through it," Nelson said.

Ellis, who was also playing with a sore left knee, insisted after the game that he was feeling fine all around.

i think it's a good move. I had thought one of the benefits of bringing in Crawford was that he is big enough to guard the sg, but can handle the point on offense. however, another part of me believes the season is waste, so why not give ellis all the run he can handle at pg.

fun in one hand and the future in the other.
I am Aussiebiedrins' fantasy. BITCH!
Jeg er ikke enig.... Jeg kan godt lide at spise din mors gris ben.
All Star
Location: Sitting on the dock of the bay, watchin the warriors roll away
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 3:59 pm
I thought crawford has been doing better on D lately, and I think the more he grows with this team, the more assists he will garner every night. I sure hope Monta did not come back too soon... they always play these things down, like they are not a big deal.
U-Dough, the BAKER®

Play nice you two
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iaENn-7t_hk
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 25
PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 4:20 am
Here's the thing - Both Monta and Crawford aren't PGs :wink:

migya make the ring fall on ya
All Star
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 10:30 am
migya wrote:Here's the thing - Both Monta and Crawford aren't PGs :wink: