Crawford piling up the minutes

Area for news articles related to the Warriors

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

All Star
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 11:08 am
If it seems like Jamal Crawford is always on the court, it's because he is.

Crawford played all 48 minutes Monday to cap off a four-game stretch in which he has logged 199 minutes, 59 seconds - an average of nearly 50 minutes per game.

"I played 60," Crawford said, referring to his triple-overtime load against the Kings on Wednesday. "I'm conditioned for 48."

Though Crawford entered the Wizards game averaging 37.4 minutes - 19th in the league - he's still only No. 2 on the Warriors.

Stephen Jackson was averaging 39.4 minutes per game, the NBA's third-highest.

More on Monta: Jeff Fried, the agent for Monta Ellis, said he had a "positive" meeting with Warriors brass Monday as the two sides attempt to close the book on Ellis' punishment for his moped accident.

The face-to-face gathering that included team president Robert Rowell, owner Chris Cohan, vice president Chris Mullin and assistant GM Larry Riley, comes as Ellis nears his return to game action after practicing with the Warriors for the last week.

Ellis severely injured his ankle in August while riding a moped - an activity banned in his contract - and was suspended for 30 games by Rowell.

At the time, Rowell left the door open for future punishment, which prompted Fried to file a grievance against the Warriors.

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.c ... 15D4UP.DTL
Wish List

*New Owner and Management =D>
*Trade Monta
*Trade Maggette =D>
*Tank the season, get the top pick and draft Harrison Barnes
to be continued...
Rookie
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 4:38 pm
Kunlathep Chucnjit wrote:"I played 60," Crawford said, referring to his triple-overtime load against the Kings on Wednesday. "I'm conditioned for 48."

Crawford is used to logging a lot of minutes, he said it himself that he's conditioned for 48 minutes. I say keep playing him heavy, his numbers are responding well to it.
"Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will."
All Star
PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 8:40 pm
Once Monta gets back, hopefully that means Crawford can rest a little more, especially when his offense isn't in rhythm and he's missing shots. Although C.J. Watson's minutes will definitely take a hit, I think Crawford's will too, and that's a good thing.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 25
PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 9:05 pm
That's why the team's been losing so much this season, Crawford is getting many minutes :mrgreen:

migya make the ring fall on ya
All Star
PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 9:52 pm
migya wrote:That's why the team's been losing so much this season, Crawford is getting many minutes :mrgreen:

absolutely! No doubt about it :D
To Live is A Value Judgment - Albert Camus
3 reasons for living: Jazz, Hoops and women

President Barack Hussein Obama - America chose Hope over Fear
ImageImage
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 12:15 am
coltraning wrote:
migya wrote:That's why the team's been losing so much this season, Crawford is getting many minutes :mrgreen:

absolutely! No doubt about it :D

Haters!!!! :evil:

:mrgreen:

Return to News Articles