Kawakami on Ellis, Randolph and the Nelson reign of error

Area for news articles related to the Warriors

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 8:07 pm
bigstrads wrote:
Captain_Jack wrote:I'm a Suns fan...I'm even going to the Suns-Clippers game on Sunday. Maybe Smanis will end up on the Suns!

What is that now Cap? 3 teams in 4 years? Miami, Warriors and now Suns.........tut tut tut. :mrgreen:

Eh, I'm a bandwagoner...never denied it.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 3:27 am
coltraning wrote:
migya wrote:You know what though, if Monta wants out, the team could package him and Maggette and/or Crawford or SJackson for a total superstar, like Bosh. Far fetched right now, yes, but if Monta was to go he has to be traded and not let go, with his contract voided. Something like Monta and Maggette for Bosh and Moon would be very good

I would love to get Bosh, and you and I are in agreement on that trade, but I don't think TO would ever go for it. As great as Monta will be, you take a great big over a great small any day of the week.

Yep. I can only see TO going for that deal in case Bosh forces it to happen. But if he doesn't demand a trade (which won't happen anytime soon), they won't make such a deal. A perennial all star at PF or C is a lot more valuable than a good package of guards and/or forwards.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 8:06 am
coltraning wrote:
migya wrote:You know what though, if Monta wants out, the team could package him and Maggette and/or Crawford or SJackson for a total superstar, like Bosh. Far fetched right now, yes, but if Monta was to go he has to be traded and not let go, with his contract voided. Something like Monta and Maggette for Bosh and Moon would be very good

I would love to get Bosh, and you and I are in agreement on that trade, but I don't think TO would ever go for it. As great as Monta will be, you take a great big over a great small any day of the week.

Yea you're right but if Bosh starts saying he wants out, they'd do it, as TMC said. "It was just a thought, my point was the teamwould have to get something for Monta and not let him go by voiding his contract

migya make the ring fall on ya
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 8:11 am
migya wrote:
coltraning wrote:

Yea you're right but if Bosh starts saying he wants out, they'd do it, as TMC said. "It was just a thought, my point was the teamwould have to get something for Monta and not let him go by voiding his contract

Problem is, Bosh may hit free agency (if he wants, and I can't see a reason why he wouldn't) after next season, so he doesn't even need to force a trade if he wants to leave Toronto. Just wait til his contract is up and he'll be able to choose where to play.

So, basically, there's no way Bosh will be traded anytime soon.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 8:35 am
TMC wrote:
migya wrote:
coltraning wrote:

Problem is, Bosh may hit free agency (if he wants, and I can't see a reason why he wouldn't) after next season, so he doesn't even need to force a trade if he wants to leave Toronto. Just wait til his contract is up and he'll be able to choose where to play.

So, basically, there's no way Bosh will be traded anytime soon.

Like I said, just s thought in that Monta can't be let go for nothing and is talented enough to be able to get a star for him, especially packaged with someone like Maggette

migya make the ring fall on ya
Previous

Return to News Articles